What's new

Question - Scorpion Scorpion to my subzero

figured id ask some scorpion players how they feel about scorpion in general.

im trying to decide on my second character (currently using subzero) and wanted to know what people thought of scorpion.

pros, cons, noteworthy things. reading this forum helps but i feel a bit lost.

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
I feel Scorpion is very strong at the moment due to the game being so new, but more importantly I don't think he will fall off that much once people study him more. Across all three variations he has good footsies, fantastic punishment, good mix ups, strong anti zoning, good meterless damage and I really don't see a character bodying him. I feel he's very complete, he might not have the best version of some aspects, but he has one for pretty much everything and that counts for a lot imo.

I have been spending more time with Hellfire over these past few days as I feel that could end up being his strongest variation over all but there is a degree of execution required that I feel few will put the time in to achieve. Ninjitsu is great due to the extended range of 2 of his primary punishers, Inferno has very good damage for no meter and can punish sloppy zoning very hard. I'll tag some other Scorpion mains too...

@Slips
@Evil Eddy Wang
@MITDJT

Scorpion is essentially a jack of all trades with some extra added spice. He can deal with pretty much any situation and he can fight the whole cast. Though atm I believe hellfire is his best variation, all of them have a use and all variations he has should be learned.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Scorpion is a character based around defense and offense, he doesn't have the fastest walkspeed or run speed in the game, but he is very mobile once you get to pick his momentum.
He is the oportunity creator, and can hit or be anywhere in the screen when he really needs to.

I feel hellfire might be his best variation due the low risk he faces, as other scorpion players said before, you can deal with pretty much anything using his 3 variations across the whole cast.

Ninjutsu has a pretty good range, and was made to fight characters from midscreen, you can use these variation to fight off players who have bad experience with footsies or have bad footsies, in general this variation is half safer than inferno, but does much less damage compared to the rest.
Inferno has pretty good meterless damage, and some zoning tools that in work with his universal moves turns the tides so much and can bait a trade to punish by using his mobility. Its the high risk high reward variation, and the one everyone is having problems in how to deal with now, but the game is just 2 weeks old.

Hellfire is the most technical, has tools to fight fullscreen, up close and midscreen, and this variations is really setup based, something that we have an idea now, but still requires a lot to dominate, and he can do 42% meterless, which is about the same or more than inferno, but the execution requirement and accuracy to play this scorpion is something you won't see much across the board.