What's new

Scorpion Safe Jump

So I have been doing this for a while with some success and wanted to share it with yall. So after some time playing I discovered Scorpion has several safe jump set-ups that can lead to full combos 22%-31%.

It's easy to set up. The first and universal way to set it up is to do 112, and then do a full dash. After that you can jump over the opponent and punish most wake- up 2, and up3. If they forward roll you have time to teleport and punish. If they back roll the jump in will punish the roll and be combo'd off of.

The second way is to end a combo is misery blade 2 in burning specter. It sets up the same situation as 112 does, but gives you a bit more dmg.

The last way is to end a combo in misery blade 4. Misery Blade 4 is a bit harder to use this with but can be done on some characters.

The only characters who cannot be safe jumped are collector and noob. Their up2 is just too strong. You can manage to safe jump boobs by doing an instant j1 and punish with 11 but I personally feel it's not worth doing.

Cassie Cage:
up2 must be MB4
Up3 can be done wirh 112, MB2, MB4, and njp

-CHARACTERS THAT REQUIRE 112 OR MB2-

Shao Khan, Sub-Zero, Jade, Liu Kang, Sindel, Joker, Shang Tsung, Cetrion, Scorpion, Baraka, D'Vorah, Kano, Jacqui, Kung Lao, Kitana, Erron, Terminator, Skarlett, Frost, and Nightwolf
Up2 Can be 112, MB2,
Up3 can be 112, MB2, MB4

-CHARACTERS THAT CAN BE SHORT HOPPED OR NJP'D-

Jax, Sonya, Raiden
Up2 Can be 112, , MB2
Up3 can be short hopped
njp, 112, MB2

-CHARACTERS THE REQUIRE A TELEPRORT TO PUNISH-

Kabal, Johnny Cage

Zviko

Noob
You don't get much of a punish though. I don't know if you realize but you are already using 2 bars for the set up. So then you only get J3 spear and if they do forward roll you only get non amped teleport which you can also get punished for if you do it too late.

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
That‘s pretty cool definitely. I think you can be jab anti aired out of the crossover though

You don't get much of a punish though. I don't know if you realize but you are already using 2 bars for the set up. So then you only get J3 spear and if they do forward roll you only get non amped teleport which you can also get punished for if you do it too late.
Well the point of tge whole thing is to make the opponent scared to use the wake-up options out of fear of the punish. Even if tge punish is just j3/4 into spear you still get dmg for an opponent trying waking up. Which leads to more mind games and Oki when those set ups are used on an opponent. Now dash up throw is option bc the opponent wont want to risk getting full punished if you have bar or slightly punished if you don't. I mean you still get other options like using d4 to push your opponent away from you or bait. I mean it's just something to think about right?

Lol. Wow. Let's keep this thread on the downlow bro, remember whispers...scorpion sucks now man, he got nerfed :D

Seriously though, nice find man.
Ok fuck you but not really. We been trying to show that scorpion is a shell of what he was and you're always showing up like scorpions op

Zviko

Noob
Well the point of tge whole thing is to make the opponent scared to use the wake-up options out of fear of the punish. Even if tge punish is just j3/4 into spear you still get dmg for an opponent trying waking up. Which leads to more mind games and Oki when those set ups are used on an opponent. Now dash up throw is option bc the opponent wont want to risk getting full punished if you have bar or slightly punished if you don't. I mean you still get other options like using d4 to push your opponent away from you or bait. I mean it's just something to think about right?
Well yeah, I just found it funny how you kept amplifying everything after his wake up when you actually had no meter. I thought it was worth pointing it out for others.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
You're correct that he can't do this after his 2-bar kombos. However, it does show that anytime you hit with Misery Blade 2 or 4 you're able to start this setup. That makes his mixups far more dangerous. b1~db12 is now a legit scary mixup. F4db14 is equally scary. And b1~db14 as well. These are all legit 50/50s that will lead into safe-jump pressure.

Zviko

Noob
You're correct that he can't do this after his 2-bar kombos. However, it does show that anytime you hit with Misery Blade 2 or 4 you're able to start this setup. That makes his mixups far more dangerous. b1~db12 is now a legit scary mixup. F4db14 is equally scary. And b1~db14 as well. These are all legit 50/50s that will lead into safe-jump pressure.
If he gets a hit of course but are you sure these are legit 50/50s that aren't fuzzyable?

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Ok fuck you but not really. We been trying to show that scorpion is a shell of what he was and you're always showing up like scorpions op
Screw you dude lol (not really but yeah) Look I have no issues with you personally Spider kid but come on now dude, boohoo your boy got a little nerfed, dude try using my character then you'd have a real reason to complain. lol. Games been out nearly a year and still not one viable buff for Raiden lol. Scorps been great since day one and took them 4 months to nerf his teleport. His teleport is nerfed now so we can actually counter him but he still has everything else and still kills the neutral.

Look I like scorp as a character but you'd have to be a scorpion fanboy or either suck bad with him if you actually think he "sucks" now....he's the most picked character in kl, if he sucked people would not be using him that much. People literally run to Scorp vs my Jade and Raiden(mid and low tier characters)

I don't see how one nerfed move makes him a "shell"? Sure he is...I actually kind of like his misery blade variation, but of course nobody uses it because it's not easy lol. Shocker.

Last edited:

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
If he gets a hit of course but are you sure these are legit 50/50s that aren't fuzzyable?
They may be fuzziable, not sure. But either way, this gives them much more utility. It also makes them good meterless options to confirm into.

All the misery blade moves that dont lead into MB3 are all fuzzyable. But it does create pressure on knockdowns. Like lets say you fight a jax and want to pressure his wake up after a b1,MB2 on hit. You can do the set-up and get around 31% into restand. Once they are scared of the set-up scorpion gets free throw pressure, 21, pressure and ECT. Since it also beats fatal blows you can bait and punish those. It just gives you something to do rather than have to respect their wake-up options.

Screw you dude lol oh boohoo your boy got nerfed, dude try using my character then you'd have a real reason to complain.

Look I like scorp as a character but you'd have to be a scorpion tool or either suck bad with him if you actually think he "sucks" hes the most picked character in jl, if he sucked people would not be using him that much. I mean yeah his teleport ONE move got nerfed wow...and now hes a "shell"? Sure he is...
well I don't know. him losing his teleport with a couple minor no nonsense nerfs made people drop him. I know he's still good but that doesn't mean he can't get some quality changes

The crazy thing is Scorpion aint even the only one who can do it. Joker can. Noob can. Anyone with a knockdown that leaves them relatively close and is +22-24 can do the set-up. I only tested scorpion who gets 112 universally and MB2/4. Joker can do it midscreen off of 122. Noob can only do it in the corner from 112 from my testing. But i work 2 jobs so I dont get a bunch of time to test out everyone since i only play Scorpion in every mk

MKF30

well I don't know. him losing his teleport with a couple minor no nonsense nerfs made people drop him. I know he's still good but that doesn't mean he can't get some quality changes
I actually like his misery blade and am trying to get good with him. I can't stand his hellborn though online....and I've noticed his saging people just spam the yo yo move lol so I'm always looking out for that. I'd be for his third variation getting buffed, much like Raiden's 3rd but I don't see NRS doing that sadly. Maybe down the line we'll see what happens.

I actually like his misery blade and am trying to get good with him. I can't stand his hellborn though online....and I've noticed his saging people just spam the yo yo move lol so I'm always looking out for that. I'd be for his third variation getting buffed, much like Raiden's 3rd but I don't see NRS doing that sadly. Maybe down the line we'll see what happens.
I don't mind helping you learn burning specter. It aint that hard honestly.

MKF30

I don't mind helping you learn burning specter. It aint that hard honestly.
Thanks! Also, are you new here? Never saw your name before. If so welcome. You use it a lot? I was messing around with it other day for a while. Seems he has some decent mix ups win Misery blade not that he doesn't already have pretty good 50/50's I just tend to like moves where you can play headgames. It's why I use Wu Shi LK, because his teleport is literally a 50/50/50 guess on what he's going to do. I kind of wished they gave him a fireball in burning specter but guess not.

That's more of a popularity thing than anything else.
True but if he sucked or was like Raiden tier I don't think he'd be picked nearly as much. Sub and LK are also up there. Pretty much all the classics are picked a lot.

Thanks! Also, are you new here? Never saw your name before. If so welcome. You use it a lot? I was messing around with it other day for a while. Seems he has some decent mix ups win Misery blade not that he doesn't already have pretty good 50/50's I just tend to like moves where you can play headgames. It's why I use Wu Shi LK, because his teleport is literally a 50/50/50 guess on what he's going to do. I kind of wished they gave him a fireball in burning specter but guess not.

True but if he sucked or was like Raiden tier I don't think he'd be picked nearly as much. Sub and LK are also up there. Pretty much all the classics are picked a lot.
I been on gym since MK9. I just dont post often or play injustice. I love burning specter. Imo it's the best variation. You get safety in misery blade 3. You get mix-up. You get plus frames. You get dmg. You get mindgames. Every other scorpion either sacrifices his ability to play safe for dmg or i gotta use the teleport in a way I'm not used to using. Especially since im used to only using it as a move in my combos or to punish fireballs. In burning specter i get to play more like the scorpion im used to using.

believe me. i wish they would get the fuck off wifi. wifi is part of what got us into this mess
It doesn’t help that they are usually the most toxic players online and least fun to play because you know you would wreck these players in an offline environment.

I DEMAND MORE NERFS