What's new

Scorpion: Perfect Pressure Tutorial (Advanced Tech)

Hello. This is some really high level dirt, explained and demonstrated in detail.
Anyone who would like to optimize their offense with Scorpion, watch this video, and feel free to ask me any questions you have here in the forums, on twitter @FGMonkeyBizness, or on the Youtube video comments section itself.

Sorry for not posting this video here earlier. This is MonkeyBizness, signing off.

Learn from this.

In summary:

F3 jails into micro-dash stand 2.

Stand 2 is plus 3 on block.

21 is hitconfirmable, and plus 2 on block

212 is plus 7 on block, and will work often despite its gap if you're able to condition the opponent around frametrapping using the plus frames off 21 and stand 2.

https://twitter.com/FGMonkeyBizness

Last edited by a moderator:

Comments

This is true, that is why i am not that worried about it. I think this is good stuff for sure. Side note, i am not having good luck with the f3 hit confirm into either teleport amp or teleport cancel. I think my reactions are just too slow personally
like OP said using sound helps a lot. When I use cage's 12 i input 12 bd and almost 90% based off sound I input 3 for nutpunch or 4 124 + frames on block maybe try to turn down ur music if u have loud music playing.

like OP said using sound helps a lot. When I use cage's 12 i input 12 bd and almost 90% based off sound I input 3 for nutpunch or 4 124 + frames on block maybe try to turn down ur music if u have loud music playing.
Yes F3's sound helps a lot.
I could learn hitconfirm F3 tele cancel in few minutes however I used F3 hitconfirm since the beginning. But it is just in the practice room I did not use it in real match (I do not use Reborn). So for SR the other hitconfirm alternatives are more valuable.

The joke is that I also "buffer" or confirm-buffer dash into throw but it surely not that strict that jail S2.

Theoryfighting: Btw missing an S2 jail against poke masher can encourage the mash when a simple B14 can blow him up if S2 is not working. :)
I will try it soon I am so excited lol.

I wanted to play other characters though but after 2 weeks everything will be "new" haha.

Last edited:
I labbed today how to implement this into my johnny gameplan with f3(hella easy since like 23 frames on hit)/f4 into 12/1/2/244/34(last one doesnt work on f3). Super fackin useful. I knew this existed but I never went about labbing it and how to set up people to get opened up by standing shit crouching thanks for the informative video and encourage everyone to apply it to their char!

Hello. This is some really high level dirt, explained and demonstrated in detail.
Anyone who would like to optimize their offense with Scorpion, watch this video, and feel free to ask me any questions you have here in the forums, on twitter @FGMonkeyBizness, or on the Youtube video comments section itself.

Sorry for not posting this video here earlier. This is MonkeyBizness, signing off.

Learn from this.

In summary:

F3 jails into micro-dash stand 2.

Stand 2 is plus 3 on block.

21 is hitconfirmable, and plus 2 on block

212 is plus 7 on block, and will work often despite its gap if you're able to condition the opponent around frametrapping using the plus frames off 21 and stand 2.

https://twitter.com/FGMonkeyBizness
this is some high level stuff

From my labbing last night it seems like if you want to jail the microdash~21 after hitting a f3 you have to be buffering the dash after inputting the f3. This means (unless I just suck) you have to commit to going for the microdash~21 without knowing or having time to confirm if the f3 has hit. Is this accurate? It's not a huge deal since f3 is only -2 on block and if your opponent gets poke happy you could just let the full f34 rip, but just making sure i am understanding how to properly apply the "microdash~21" tech.

@KIllaByte
Well, the size of the micro-dash you need gets even shorter when you're even closer. Try working your way up to larger distances, starting with point blank F3, then working your way back to near max range.

If it proves unreliable, F3 into another F3 is a simple and effective option, and still conditions the opponent, and will open up throw opportunities for you both on block and on hit.

Well, the size of the micro-dash you need gets even shorter when you're even closer. Try working your way up to larger distances, starting with point blank F3, then working your way back to near max range.

If it proves unreliable, F3 into another F3 is a simple and effective option, and still conditions the opponent, and will open up throw opportunities for you both on block and on hit.
I just finally practiced jailing S2 from F3 on Sub Zero. Even from almost max range it is possible but need to be on point with the execution.
F3 into S1 is much easier and still hitconfirmable: but that's not really better than jailing into B14 as turn is over and no high level S2 plus frame pressure.

I dunno if it is reliable online at a certain ping but will try it soon.

Buffering F3 into microdash might be also useful against jumpers as well as it immediately helps comboing off of it (21 can also combo anti jump F3 not just 11).

I will definitely work this as pressure is lacking in my gameplay yet - I am not a pressure fan but do not like mashing either and do not have fast MID so jailiing into hitconfirm (and also pressure) can not hurt. :D

Last edited: