What's new

General/Other - Scorpion Scorpion mains "Scope" thread

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
Why is Scorpion always so mediocre :( maybe he will be good in MKX....I always love his look (except Injustice smh) but his playstyle is really cut and dry...always.

FOXSOLID

Noob
Why is Scorpion always so mediocre :( maybe he will be good in MKX....I always love his look (except Injustice smh) but his playstyle is really cut and dry...always.
Scorpion was an absolute beast in Deadly Alliance and was great in both Deception and Armageddon.

But Deadly Alliance was definitely his game.

He will return to greatness in MKX, bank on it.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Based on the stream yesterday, I'm confirmed for pre-release maining Scorpion! Of course, this could change after I use all characters, but as far as a pre-release main, Scorpion is my ninja.

I sound like a broken record at this point, but the teleport is definitely the main appeal right now. As far as variations, I'm digging Ninjitsu right meow!

NightTrauma

Kung Fu Treachery
Scorpion has been my main man since MK1. I'll play him no matter how good or bad he is.

I'll always love Hanzo.

Jet3000

Let’s go crazy!
I main scorpion since MK1. I still play him no matter how good or shitty he is. As long I get to kill some Lin Kuei scums, I'm good. :)

FOR THE SHIRAI RYU

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
I hope that they leave him alone in this game. He's one of my favorite characters. I'm not being biased or anything, just the last 2 games, they've been screwing with him a lot.

I hope that they leave him alone in this game. He's one of my favorite characters. I'm not being biased or anything, just the last 2 games, they've been screwing with him a lot.
I got to agree with this, tired of scorpion getting shafted. I hope he stays relatively similar to how he is day one throughout (obviously if he had some infinite or some glitch that I have no issue being taken out).

Reactions: JDE

DepreszD

5pectre of Vengvnce
I WILL main Scorpion! From the beginning of MK story I've been journeying with this Spectre to avenge his family... his clan..

Gengar

Hypnosis > Dreameater (its a reset)
Every intention of maining Scorpion again. I really hope the vortex returns and that its more viable this time around. His vortex was decent in mk9 but in Injustice it costed meter and he got poor damage compared to the other vortex characters. So hopefully this time around he will be better, but either way hes my main for life.

Takeda, Jax, and Tremor will secondary.

itsmeMOB

Mileena's back!
I've always mained Scorpion in MK and will continue to do so in MKX.

That Ninjustu variation tho..

T352

Noob
Kind of new to fighting games, but I'm diving in head first. Looking to use Scorpion as my character to learn with. Loving all of the content and trying to absorb what I can.

PaletteSwap

Misanthropiate
I'm having a lot of fun with Inferno Scorpion and I really just click with him in this game. My issue is, I almost feel like too many people main him. I mean, he's the fucking poster boy of NRS and I'm sure people are sick of seeing him so much online.

I know it shouldn't matter what other people think or do, but I can't help but feel that when I take Scorpion online, the opponent is gonna either be Scorpion or be like "oh great, ANOTHER SCORPION." Also, I'm sure people are gonna figure out how to shut him down with all the experience they'll get playing him.

TL: DR - I'd like to co-main Inferno Scorpion but it feels like such a safe, typical choice.

After a lot of play with Sonya, Cassie, Johnny, Goro, Ferra, K.Jin, Quan, Mileena and Reptile, I'm still feeling Ninjitsu Scorp the most.