What's new

Scorpion Kombos

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
This I definitely want to see when you've got it down. I can barely get down the timing on the lowair111 to standing spear and I was the one who originally posted that combo (lmao). I always either drop it with my air spear refusing to EX for me or I mistime my damned 111 and can't spear. At least when I botch the 111 it's already done 36% damage (not to metion the morale damage for my opponent who's already sweating about if that combo was ever going to end).
the 111 input needs to be really clean in order to cancel into spear - if you're spamming 1 and get more than three 1's, the spear isn't ever going to come out.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
This I definitely want to see when you've got it down. I can barely get down the timing on the lowair111 to standing spear and I was the one who originally posted that combo (lmao). I always either drop it with my air spear refusing to EX for me or I mistime my damned 111 and can't spear. At least when I botch the 111 it's already done 36% damage (not to metion the morale damage for my opponent who's already sweating about if that combo was ever going to end).
The YouTube one mainly shows the concept because I forgot to set the Kameo refill to default.

This Twitter one shows it’s true application. Just have to do a slightly different combo for the 2nd one.

And after the bf4 hellfire, you can also do Kameo Scorpion’s overhead instead and then combo off of that. So it’s actually a pretty good mixup. But obviously haven’t tested ways to defend against it or anything. Just trying to figure out good offensive strats for now

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
That's beautiful brother. Truly. I was practicing that 46% variation to the combo last night. I haven't quite gotten down the timing of the 111xDB2xScorpKameo(N) into Spear yet but I'm working on it. I don't know why but I really struggle with Spear being BF for some damn reason. Not like it hasn't been that for multiple games now or anything. But in this game I struggle with getting the input to work for me reliably.

wsj515

personally i like him with sektor,you can do stuff like this:

2(sektor missile)1xxbf4,dash f32 f32 jump kickxxairdb2ex,delayed air 2,dash 4xxbf1,3(sektor missile)3xxbf4,f32 micro dash 4xxbf2 45%
Labbing this/Sektor generally now, and I think Sektor might be his best kameo especially once people start consistently flawless blocking db2/cyrax - the ability to turn 21 conversions into the f32 combo starter path is so good since it allows you to always have restand into chip / strike/throw as an option. I think being able to make db2 safe is a necessity for Scorp to actually have any sort of offense, and up rocket does that + so much more - can't disrespect s2 with low-profiling moves when a rocket is coming down.

Labbing this/Sektor generally now, and I think Sektor might be his best kameo especially once people start consistently flawless blocking db2/cyrax - the ability to turn 21 conversions into the f32 combo starter path is so good since it allows you to always have restand into chip / strike/throw as an option. I think being able to make db2 safe is a necessity for Scorp to actually have any sort of offense, and up rocket does that + so much more - can't disrespect s2 with low-profiling moves when a rocket is coming down.
yeah,though you really have to commit early to the missle for it to truely be a gapless safe db2,other wise its not real and you can get d2,armored or forward advancing string punished into full combo.

Been trying to find ways to combo after meterless tele

apart from jump kick meterless tele into standing 4xxspear...,i also found 2(sektor missle)1××bf4,f32 jump 3 tele into standing 1xxspear...

has anyone found something different thats also mid combo/full combo conversions tha doesnt require a kameo to keep the jugle after tele

Last edited:

wsj515

yeah,though you really have to commit early to the missle for it to truely be a gapless safe db2,other wise its not real and you can get d2,armored or forward advancing string punished into full combo.
I could be wrong, but this seems to be pretty much the exact same timing to extend 21xxdb4 starter, right? So it's actually kind of nice since you can hit confirm into full combo / stay safe and chip + build meter. If they don't have bar or you're feeling cheeky, you can still call the uprocket a tiny bit later (like on 1 or even db2) to see if they're paying attention and get plus frames.

I could be wrong, but this seems to be pretty much the exact same timing to extend 21xxdb4 starter, right? So it's actually kind of nice since you can hit confirm into full combo / stay safe and chip + build meter. If they don't have bar or you're feeling cheeky, you can still call the uprocket a tiny bit later (like on 1 or even db2) to see if they're paying attention and get plus frames.
will check it out,i know if you do it too early the missile hits before the last hit of the db2 and you get punished,hmm there might be a sweet spot wich works for both.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Been trying to find ways to combo after meterless tele

apart from jump kick meterless tele into standing 4xxspear...,i also found 2(sektor missle)1××bf4,f32 jump 3 tele into standing 1xxspear...

has anyone found something different thats also mid combo/full combo conversions tha doesnt require a kameo to keep the jugle after tele
You can combo off of a meterless TP in this anti air combo

full screen conversion with motaro

bf4 motaro teleport,f32,f32,jump3××bf2EX,air2,dash 4xxspear,33xxbf4 motaro teleport,f32,4xxbf2

bmoee1

Noob
Scorpion optimals using cyrax and sector kameos. There is also a cyrax corner throw set up included. Credit to MKjavier

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Scorpion optimals using cyrax and sector kameos. There is also a cyrax corner throw set up included. Credit to MKjavier

Very good video! I have a lot of similar combos except with using Scorpion Kameo. Had no idea about those Sektor combos! Cool idea

wsj515

These are great, I love the cyrax bomb setup, don't think I've seen it utilized by anyone ever.

For Sektor there was one route you didn't show - 2(R1)1 BF4 F34 - this allows you to do the F34 starting combo route and hold your spear for the end of the combo so you can leave the opponent standing if you want for strike/throw. The 2(R1)1 timing also lets you hit/block confirm into BF4 or DB2, which the uprocket keeps safe.

bmoee1

Noob
I’ve been catching so many people with the cyrax bomb setup, but it’s probably lack of matchup knowledge.

Sector is very interesting and I want to take a deeper look at what offense he can provide for sure. I see you guys are already on it. please gimme tips for him if you know any.lol

wsj515

I’ve been catching so many people with the cyrax bomb setup, but it’s probably lack of matchup knowledge.

Sector is very interesting and I want to take a deeper look at what offense he can provide for sure. I see you guys are already on it. please gimme tips for him if you know any.lol
I like Sektor a lot because he feels like he does the same job Cyrax does by keeping things like b3/db2 safe while also adding damage to literally every touch with the 3(R1)3 BF4 extension, and I find up rocket also just plays really well with Scorpion's gameplan in neutral by annoying your opponent into committing to stupid jump-ins / dash forwards etc. Sektor also has a similar up rocket / "shove" throw setup to the Cyrax one you posted in the corner which is nice.

He's also just generally more involved / interesting than Cyrax imo, which is a plus considering Cyrax is relatively boring albeit effective. I've been playing with Sektor a lot recently and still feel like I have more ceiling to take advantage of.

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
Have I been missing something when it comes to Scorpion's combos? I see alot of people including pros doing 2 bar combos with ExAirTele and then ExAirSpear. But to me it looks like the ExAirSpear even used twice in a row always does more damage so why use the ExAirTele?

wsj515

Have I been missing something when it comes to Scorpion's combos? I see alot of people including pros doing 2 bar combos with ExAirTele and then ExAirSpear. But to me it looks like the ExAirSpear even used twice in a row always does more damage so why use the ExAirTele?
I've noticed this too, only thing I can think of is side switch