What's new

Scorpion General Discussion

ready to complain about how people are mashing crouch buttons in neutral to avoid my high teleport and for people to complain about rampant scorpions online because he's the face which leads him to get nerfed every patch. thanks again nrs. ayo where the scorpion combos at? I know some of y'all got copies already. :DOGE.

This looks really disappointing for Scorpion. No mids, no low starter, no overhead and just 4 strings. Ex telephone doesn't launch

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
This character looks a little barebones to be honest. Might be heavily dependant on the right kameos to work. No mids, no overheads, no low starters, nothing. Teleport looks like a joke compared to the MKX version, hellfire is slow as fuck and the EX version damage over time might not even amount to 1%, I seriously think it is currently bugged. Let's hope for a day 1 patch or something.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
scorpion's sweep is probably where a lot of his milage will come from. Does anyone know if the first hit is special cancelable?

His combos still look cool but this has to be one of the most like non kitted out versions of scorpion i know in terms of just normals and strings

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
He always gets nerfed to mid tier or lower so I guess they added all the nerfs early. lol. Him not having ANY mixup game is REALLY disappointing but I'm hoping he'll turn out to have like air dominance or something with air spear/teleport to make up for his slow and punishable ground game.

Diff thought he won't need cameo at all for great damage combos so maybe he just needs cameos to create an opening in the first place.

even the recovery on his spear is nasty compared to mk11. cant really use it as a fireball it seems but i dont have the game so

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
Yeah hoping the Day 1 patch helps him up a bit but I won't be surprised if the day 1 is nerfing him even harder. Pray I'm wrong and he has some solid cancels off of base normals like d1,2,3,4 etc. to give him SOME mind game. Scorpion Kameo gives an overhead so maybe some kameos will offer some 50/50 chances like Scorpion Overhead while you use b3 distance sweep or low Hellfire?

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
Scorpion without mindgame baffles me. Especially with how much Sub-Zero and Smoke have. I think his mindgame may have just been shifted up to I gotta take my chances with his long reach normals on ground because if I jump yikes....

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Scorpion + Sektor: End blockstrings with db2 and Sektor neutral missile. Deals tons of chip and keeps opponent locked down for continued pressure.

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
I'm at work so haven't played yet. Is he like really air dominant like anti-Nitara char? I'm theorizing (based on Max and Gramps vids) that Kameos with low moves or things that force them to try to go airborne may be the gameplan for his mindgames now. Like Jax's Groundpound or Frost's low ice, etc. Summon to bait them to jump rather than caring if it even hits, lol. I'm still gonna try making Scorpion + Scorpion work as well as possible for reasons, lol. But my theory is that those types of low scare/low launcher kameos or ones that make the unsafe safer like Kano will be his meta.

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
I can't seem to do the Burn for Me! brutality. It says do devouring flames (bf4) and hold up but I am not doing it for some reason. I'm playing invasions mode but I don't think that should matter. Anyone know what the hell I'm doing wrong here?

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
oh good I thought I was just missing something or they put the wrong instructions in frame data, lol Hopefully that gets patched quickly.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Using Cyrax, I'm up to about 28% chip midscreen, though that includes ending with unsafe db2.

If you instant-air amp teleport, you can go into a jk and be +6 on block.

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
Scorpion+Scorpion average ~35-39% meterless depending on which ender and timing of hits/kameo:
f32, j12-air spear-neutral kameo (anti-air fireballs), standing 4-bf1, 33-ender. For enders I was experimenting with 33-bd3 (teleport, weakest but ends in restand with a great opening for throws or whatever), 33-bf2 (dash), and 33-db2 (chain spin). The last one did ~37 - 39% meterless midscreen.

Sorry if my notations are weird. Would likely work with some other kameos if you can get the timing right for the air juggle. Who knows. But good meterless damage.
Ending with 33-Fatal Blow did ~47% and I didn't even get the timing perfect for optimal dmg.

Last edited: