What's new

Tech - Hellfire Scorpion EX Fire Ball True Blockstring

Nereus

Noob
Scorpion's EX Fire Ball is +8 on block.. if your execution is on point.. you can sneak in a d3 and it's a legit blockstring. It's much easier to do d1 but d1 is a bit unsafe since it's -9 and d3 is -4 on block so it's safe.

214 xx EX DB1 xx Run cancel into d3

We got blockstrings boyz :DOGE

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Scoot Magee confirmed is about +5, i don't have a way to record 60fps videos, but if someone is able to record by setting the AI do do 214 ex FB and jump after blocking the fireball and upload the 60fps vid on youtube, i will be able to tell exactly how much the block stun of ex FB is on block.

But after seen the video its definitely +8 due you being able to land a 7F hit before the AI being able to reversal the blockstun with backdash

Last edited:

Nereus

Noob
Scoot Magee confirmed is about +5, i don't have a way to record 60fps videos, but if someone is able to record by setting the AI do do 214 ex FB and jump after blocking the fireball and upload the 60fps vid on youtube, i will be able to tell exactly how much the block stun of ex FB is on block.
It's +5 eh.. hmm. NRS be on point with the frame data :DOGE lol. Also.. got another blockstring im about to record.. and it's another true blockstring involving a 50-50 :joker:

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I think its +8, since you get to land a 7f hit before the AI reversal escape with a backdash, so the +8 is legit.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Hellfire's pressure is awesome - it has so many options. Scorpion is the Johnny Cage of MKX lol. I usually use EX Fireball to help waste time so my stamina meter can replenish.

The chip damage really piles up if you manage to land a blocked JP after EX Fireball because your stamina meter will have replenished so you can go back into 214 pressure. Literally like 25%.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Hellfire's pressure is awesome - it has so many options. Scorpion is the Johnny Cage of MKX lol. I usually use EX Fireball to help waste time so my stamina meter can replenish.

The chip damage really piles up if you manage to land a blocked JP after EX Fireball because your stamina meter will have replenished so you can go back into 214 pressure. Literally like 25%.
Adding the fact that if you're on flame aura they're forced to take all that chip since no one blockbreaks yet.

And it will become more interesting when we figure it out, options to do when the opponent is currently being penalized with the extended meter cooldown.

Also the blockstring feels more like a Kabal + Skarlet, its a guaranteed and continuous like Skarlet, builds a lot of meter like Skarlet, and you can mix with low, throw or overhead like Kabal.