What's new

General/Other - Scorpion Scorpion Community Combo Thread

Honfar

Noob
Inferno
Midscreen Meterless
123 > db4 > j2 > 214 > db3 > 21 > bf1 > j2 > 123 > bf4 ~ 37% (credit to @Nereus)

Midscreen 1 Meter
123 > db4 > j2 > 214 > db3 > 214 > enhanced db3 > rc 21 > bf1 > j2 > 123 > bf4 ~ 41% (credit to @Nereus)

Hopefully people will post all the Scorpion BnB's they discover here. I plan to compile and organize both max damage combos along with the more conventional ones here. If someone is already setup to do this please let me know.

UPDATE: I'm still an active user and plan to update this thread tonight with everything I can find after I pick up the game for myself. I also intend to write a full Takeda guide in the future.

Last edited:
If i discover a combo. I'll let you know... If I remember a year from now... And this shit is stickied so I can find it again.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
not to be a downer but why do people make these threads a year before the game releases? i remember people did the same for injustice and they never updated them so now we have a bunch of useless threads in each character forum.
yea no need for combo/mu placeholder threads, updates and news threads sure but like u said alot didnt get updated injustice wise
(looking at you @Karried :p jk)

Honfar

Noob
updated thread with one of my videos. I plan to make some for MK X if the community wants them. Obviously with better quality and commentary

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
MKX Scorpion combos:

Hellfire
214, tele(cancel), 2, run, 2 teleport, 1, spear, j2, 21, spear.

D3, flame aura, 114~teleport, 11, spear, 21, hell ball

21~ex teleport,, njp, 1~tele (cancel), 1~tele(cancel), 1~ Hellish spear, j2, 21, hell ball.

Nereus

Noob

Both using Inferno Variation.. hopefully i can find some other stuff with his other variations as well

1st video: 123 > db4 > j2 > 214 > db3 > 214 > enhanced db3 > rc 21 > bf1 > j2 > 123 > takedown (can't remember the input for it at the moment)

2nd video: 123 > db4 > j2 > 214 > db3 > 21 > bf1 > j2 > 123 > takedown

RC = Run cancel. You're basically cancelling your run into a normal so it acts as a dash cancel since you can't cancel a dash into a normal.

Last edited:

Both using Inferno Variation.. hopefully i can find some other stuff with his other variations as well

1st video: 123 > db4 > j2 > 214 > db3 > 214 > enhanced db3 > rc 21 > bf1 > j2 > 123 > takedown (can't remember the input for it at the moment)

2nd video: 123 > db4 > j2 > 214 > db3 > 21 > bf1 > j2 > 123 > takedown

RC = Run cancel. You're basically cancelling your run into a normal so it acts as a dash cancel since you can't cancel a dash into a normal.

Good combos. I haven't played MK since 95. I'm having a little trouble string these type of things along right now. Any tips you or anyone else can provide? Also did you create these combos or are they all would have figured out over time? I'll probably use inferno for the time being

Nereus

Noob
Good combos. I haven't played MK since 95. I'm having a little trouble string these type of things along right now. Any tips you or anyone else can provide? Also did you create these combos or are they all would have figured out over time? I'll probably use inferno for the time being
Thanks!
I developed ideas based around other scorpion videos.. so i went to the lab and came up with these followups.

As far as tips.. i don't think i really have any to give besides just practice of execution, because that's what it all comes down to in the end. For the run into 21.. try to do it as quick as possible so you have enough launch height for the spear to connect. For the second combo.. it just comes down to practice. There really isn't a tricky timing to it

Thanks!
I developed ideas based around other scorpion videos.. so i went to the lab and came up with these followups.

As far as tips.. i don't think i really have any to give besides just practice of execution, because that's what it all comes down to in the end. For the run into 21.. try to do it as quick as possible so you have enough launch height for the spear to connect. For the second combo.. it just comes down to practice. There really isn't a tricky timing to it

Thanx for the reply. I'll practice these and see if I can master. Then go on to develop my own combo.

Been messing around with Inferno and (oh god you guys use numerical notation here ummm) 1,2,3 seems like his best hitconfirmable string and b3,2,f2 seems like his best ender as it puts them into hard knockdown immediately adjacent to you for free Oki. So I did a BnB video based on that here:

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Been messing around with Inferno and (oh god you guys use numerical notation here ummm) 1,2,4 seems like his best hitconfirmable string and b3,2,f2 seems like his best ender as it puts them into hard knockdown immediately adjacent to you for free Oki. So I did a BnB video based on that here:

Thoughts?
I did it a lot. Haven't had a chance to practice much today. But it's cool seeing people come up with their own stuff. If only I could do the same.