What's new

Scorpion Anti-Breaker Strategies

ryublaze

Noob

Air Throw and Hell Fire are both unbreakable. Takedown is unbreakable as well. Spear is also unbreakable. If your opponent is expecting a Neutral Jump Punch, you can whiff it and do a Teleport instead. An aerial Teleport can also be used. If your opponent is expecting a Jump-in Punch, you can do a Teleport instead. You can do the same if your opponent is expecting F2, 1. Your opponent CAN breaker a Jump-in Punch after a Teleport. However, if you delay the Jump-in Punch, your opponent cannot breaker it.

This isn't new tech or anything. Some Scorpion players probably already know about this stuff, but I haven't seen it discussed anywhere. I've been doing this for a while since I don't really play a Vortex/Void Scorpion.

These are just ways Scorpion can maximize damage and continue his offense while playing mind games with the opponent. The opponent can still react to a Teleport and breaker from the other side though, which isn't a bad thing because you still gain meter from the Teleport.

This is not something Scorpion should always do because a lot of the time you want your opponent to use meter for breaker so they won't be able to breaker out of another combo. If your opponent is low on health and you need that unbreakable damage, then these strategies can be used.

JAP

Combo maker
Nice :)

After spear if your opponent is expecting a Neutral Jump Punch:
-Throw = 11% "throw reset"
- 1,11, 111.... your oponent in block, reduces the effect time of the spear
(NJP should be as high as possible)

Or after spear:
1.Jump forward - dash back:
F4
B2
dash forward-1,11,111...
dash forward-throw

2. dash back - jump punch "jump punch should be as low as possible" in block
Throw
jump punch - teleport punch + throw or 1,11,111... :)

ryublaze

Noob
Seems you can't do the @ thing when commenting in the media section...

@K.O.E_18: I tested with 2 controllers and the opponent wasn't able to break the delayed jump-in punch probably because the hit stun animation was over. According to Somberness 's frame data, Teleport's hit advantage is +37 and an angeled forward jump takes 40 frames. If I'm understanding frame data correctly, you would subtract a few frames for being in the air, then add the angeled jump punch execution (5 frames) to it. So you would have to input the jump-in punch after the 32nd frame (32+5=37).

I've been in the lab with Scorp a lot lately.

A smart player will break the Teleport to put you into the corner when caught in the Vortex. Also, if you use jip they can still break, and you'll be cornered. So if you land a Vortex setup with your back away from the corner, use f2,1 - 1,1/3,3/forward throw. It's +4 on hit, and you can continue pressure.

ryublaze

Noob
I've been in the lab with Scorp a lot lately.

A smart player will break the Teleport to put you into the corner when caught in the Vortex. Also, if you use jip they can still break, and you'll be cornered. So if you land a Vortex setup with your back away from the corner, use f2,1 - 1,1/3,3/forward throw. It's +4 on hit, and you can continue pressure.
You can probably do 111 for +7 instead of f2,1 or teleport ending with your opponent's back to the corner for guaranteed pressure afterwards. I like your thinking cuz usually I just end with f2,1,takedown but going for pressure afterwards instead might be better.

You can probably do 111 for +7 instead of f2,1 or teleport ending with your opponent's back to the corner for guaranteed pressure afterwards. I like your thinking cuz usually I just end with f2,1,takedown but going for pressure afterwards instead might be better.
I actually came up with this playing casuals against Scorpion. I was using Subz, and every time my buddy landed the Vortex I would break to force him into the corner. :D

Naturally as a Scorp player I instantly knew how to get around it.

Nevertheless, 1,1,1 is a great idea because of the hit advantage. If the break they waste meter and stay in the corner.