What's new

Scorpion actually got buffed/No Black Adam Nerf

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Alright i have to make this thread after the hotfix and all the possible stuff flying around.

Some of the changes include Scorps regular tele hitting high and on block is now -42.
Flip kick is now -10 but who really cares. Its not entirely that necessary anyway.

So this is what is fucked up. The tele whiffing high is not really a nerf. If you look at it, i see it as a buff. It is now even harder to punish. Youre almost never gonna block it and cause the -42 ball up state unless you are an insane jedi or crazy about trying to block that vs all his other options.

On high whiff the tele is probly around -21 (the previous ball up state) but you dont get confirmation of the block for the ball up state thus you dont really know when it has whiffed making your punish that much harder. On top on this, in the high whiff state, his head goes down making a lot more moves whiff like standing 1's thus making quick punishes much harder to time.

We all got trolled. Scorpion is the same if not better. Flip kick -10 who gives a fuck.

BTW- Black Adams divekick in no way received a nerf from what i can tell. It seems to have all the same properties as before. Punished if spaced wrong, and not punished when spaced right.

That is all. Discuss.

PND i2 Gaug3

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Flip kick -10 means he no longer has a get-out-of-jail free card on wake-up. Bane pretty much can cruise control in and eat through everything now since the only thing that gave us problems was that.

Don't care about BA. Make his lightning bolts count as actual projectiles and that's all I want honestly. Bane buffs can take care of the rest.

EMPEROR_THEO

I only use characters with wakeup scoops.
If the high whiff being difficult to punish turns out to be a relevant strategy into Scorpion's arsenal, this is officially the funniest patch since Capcom patching SFxT, only to have the game crash when Rolento throws his kunai post-patch.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Flip kick -10 means he no longer has a get-out-of-jail free card on wake-up. Bane pretty much can cruise control in and eat through everything now since the only thing that gave us problems was that.

Don't care about BA. Make his lightning bolts count as actual projectiles and that's all I want honestly. Bane buffs can take care of the rest.
On wake up for flip kick -10 is not that bad. It spaces relatively well.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
So youre going to just frame punish every time? Alright Obi wan.
Honestly as Bane, half the work is just framing since his blockstrings and frame traps require it. You can like b.1 into d.1 and its a true blockstring (+12 into 11 frames), so ring tossing Scorp on reaction? IMHO not going to be that hard. b.11 into command grab is basically a 2 frame link, and b.23 b.23 123 is a ~3 frame link (12 frames won't hit it, 9 will) so yeah.

You kids up in your higher tiers are spoiled with good and fast attacks, and easy links. Why back in my day, we had to link together the smallest of frames just to link two punches together.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I don't see a whole lot of change if any to Black Adams dive kick...Anything above the waste is d1 punishable...anything below is still safe as hell.

Sasuga

Noob
Good point. Against people who were already blocking properly, this is actually less punishable. D1 into combo < full combo.

Down to block is really my staple in the scorpion matchup. On the other hand, the times I got caught offguard, blocking down-back, are way more often. The J3 / teleport stuff is now a lot less effective. Oh well. We'll see how this works out.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
AK Smarrgasm, PL said that now the tele have slower recovery, being high is it safe on whiff?
Its not safe on whiff. Like i said earlier its probably about as punishable as it was when he did the ball roll up (-21). However, now since it whiffs high you have to duck, then stand when you think its whiffed, THEN you can try your punish. On top of this the state of his hitbox during the whiff can make some of the games fastest launchers miss.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
lol, trust me hitting high is not a buff in any way. It might feel weird if you were just getting used to Scorpion and punishing him like I was...but we will learn to deal with it the correct way in time. I think -10 on flip kick isn't a huge deal but I would have made it something like -6 or 7 to make it safer. Honestly though when you really get down to it the only thing I really would have changed is teleport to hit high.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Its not safe on whiff. Like i said earlier its probably about as punishable as it was when he did the ball roll up (-21). However, now since it whiffs high you have to duck, then stand when you think its whiffed, THEN you can try your punish. On top of this the state of his hitbox during the whiff can make some of the games fastest launchers miss.
We will learn this timing, it will be fine. After a while you won't have to guesstimate it. Absolute worst case you can hold down and throw or d1 punish.

this wasnt even a nerf for scorpion pretty much a buff like the thread says smh wow good job NRS lol great damn job!!!

Darth Mao

Your Tech is Mine! #buffRaiden
Thanks, then NRS shit my another attempt to find a co-main...

PANDA

*Supreme Member*
What does this mean? Does this mean he gets a free cross-up from whiffed teleport?
I'm confused

People from SF holding a direction while blocking down and getting hit was probably the core cause of complaints, so yeah this is a nerf.

edit: Honestly, decent players were already punishing me for random cheeky teleports, bad players are still liable to freeze up and let me do whatever because they become confused when their zoning stops working.

This doesn't really change much.