What's new

SB during Trance, and Rune Traps

ImmortalSkillit

SteeevRay

So...what you have here.

In the first clip, you have health boost, into 112 trance, into damage boost, followed by 11 sky drop into 212 ex. rune X3, while still under the effects of damage boost.

Health boost is on a timer. So long as your health boost expires while the opponent is walking towards you during trance, you can Re-Boost. You can ex. SB to ensure you get damage if preferred.
As for the Rune traps, pretty standard, but so long as you time them just right, you can keep the SB bonus for all hits. Takes some practice getting the timing down, but it is 100% do-able.

In the second clip, you see Damage boost going into 212 ex. rune X2, followed by a 212 skull. Because in this video the skull at the end was blocked, the game treats this as if your combo was being blocked, which allows you to keep the damage boost....and you can see what that can lead into.

Have fun with this. Please note that this still revolves around the big "IF" of being able to pull off SB in your match. Until we can find a way to guarantee this safely, these are just neat tricks. Lets put our heads together folks =P

*Video that is located on page 2, edited post to include it here for those who may have missed it. See post on page 2 for description of what is being showcased here if you're like wtf????*

myth

Noob
Kwan Kummuntiy is dead lol. good thread.
its true.

Meta game is stuck because Quan is truly limited. Hopefully a new patch will fall from the sky mix the pot.

But yes Quan is about as far developed as possible.

ImmortalSkillit

SteeevRay
Kwan Kummuntiy is dead lol. good thread.
Thanks.

Unfortunately I have not played MK in a few weeks, and I was not able to really find much else to do with this...other than the trickery behind keeping Damage boost with a 212 blocked skull.

Even still...you have to pull off SB in the middle of a match. I'm going to be playing Quan at Flawless Victory coming up in...17 days? I'll be trying to do just that..

Hopefully with some success

Flagg

Noob
Don't believe any character is "fully explored" yet, and if anything, the lesser used characters like Quan have a ways to go due to a smaller community trying to find stuff.

I'm convinced that somehow, there is a safe way to incorporate SB in a match. Once it's discovered, expect this guy to jump up the tier list.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
You can safely get a SB when you trade projectiles during trance...if you time it right it is possible to reboost I think

Albo

Noob
You can safely get a SB when you trade projectiles during trance...if you time it right it is possible to reboost I think
This is true. Hidan showedcased this at WGC and i can't remember all the details clearly but it's very situational and unlikely to occur in high level play when you want it to so i don't think it's the most viable method.

ImmortalSkillit

SteeevRay
This is true. Hidan showedcased this at WGC and i can't remember all the details clearly but it's very situational and unlikely to occur in high level play when you want it to so i don't think it's the most viable method.
I've seen his play, but never saw this in particular. Is this a "reboost" such as...You threw out a random SB from 3/4 screen, they respond by throwing a late projectile, which you are able to trade hits with a trance that you throw out AFTER you received the benefits of the initial SB? If so, this actually could occur much more often then most people would think.

If you were able to SB off of any projectile trade, reguardless of a prior SB, then...that would just be game changing =D

Albo

Noob
I've seen his play, but never saw this in particular. Is this a "reboost" such as...You threw out a random SB from 3/4 screen, they respond by throwing a late projectile, which you are able to trade hits with a trance that you throw out AFTER you received the benefits of the initial SB? If so, this actually could occur much more often then most people would think.

If you were able to SB off of any projectile trade, reguardless of a prior SB, then...that would just be game changing =D
I think so, definitely something along those line although you'd have to ask Hidan or maybe Metzos since i'm not entirely sure. He didn't do it during a tournament match, just in training mode.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Yes you can use SB if you are hit by a projectile during trance. This makes zoners especially respect Quan's trance.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Yeah i discovered it by chance 3 months ago. I always wanted to post it, but i was always forgeting about it. If you do it in an actual match it can give you the round if the opponent doesnt have breaker.
yes especially if you get the reboost,
so to make sure ive got this 100% right, when any projectile trades with trance at any time doing the move, aslong as trance hits QC can boost right away while opp is still in the trance?

ImmortalSkillit

SteeevRay
Um....okay, trying to duplicate the above few things that have been discussed here, and i've noticed something odd that I havn't noticed before. I'll give you my set up so you can try this for yourselves, see what yall think

Training Mode. Full meter, Wake-Up Attack ON, Quan (yourself) vs. Sektor. My goal was to SB for damage boost, then knock down Sektor, letting him wake up with (hopefully) straight missile. In turn, I was going to try to trade the missile with trance, so that I could see if re-boosting worked. (Which incidentally DOES in fact work, though I wouldn't recommend doing it to AI sektor nor Kung Lao, since they never wanna throw them.)

Heres what happened:

I was getting SB Damage boost, using F4 to knock down Sektor. I would attempt to time Sektors wake up attack with my trance, so that if he did happen to use a missile, it would get off before trance hit him. I never got to see missile, though what I did notice is that Damage boost never went away if trance hit on Sektors wake up attack.

If I turned off Wake up attack, whenever I floored Sektor, boost would drop. So it appears that SB frames get extended if the opponent uses a wake up attack. Neat to note is that if the trance hits, you keep SB for another combo opportunity....against opponents that have horrid wake up attacks, this could be something to look into. *possibly preventing wake up attacks whenever you're boosted*

Oh, and before I forget, the whole projectile trade worked great against AI Kabal....just wanna throw that out there

myth

Noob
And on who`s authority are you claiming this?
Fair enough.
Its just i haven't seen any new meta game since your mayo trap.
And anything besides rune/mayo trap & meter building just seems to be about timing imputs.

Maybe i am missing something...

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Fair enough.
Its just i haven't seen any new meta game since your mayo trap.
And anything besides rune/mayo trap & meter building just seems to be about timing imputs.

Maybe i am missing something...
There's more. Maybe not a big as that stuff, but definitely more.