What's new

Sareenas' down cameo seems to be the only good reversal kameo in the game?

I've been testing different kameo's as reversal...Trying to see which ones will let me punish the gap between the 2nd and 3rd hit of baraka's df2 and the only one that works in Sareena's down Kameo.

Sub zero's shoulder gets stuffed. So does Jax's power wave. Kung lao's spin and teleport get bodied. Motaro's teleport same thing. Scorpions back spear doesn't work either. I haven't tested shujinko, but other than possible him, it seems like Sareena is the only Kameo in the game that can be used as a proper reversal/wakeup tool.

If there is one thing I think needs to be changed in this game, it is giving Kameo's attacks more invincibility or faster armor so they can be used more defensively instead of how they are being used now as almost purely offensive tools.

Edit:
Added video for visual

2nd Edit:
Researching this made me realize how many Kameos are actually pretty good wakeups. I've never seen a Sonya player do back Kameo on wakeup or a Kano player do neutral Kameo on wakeup. I wonder how many people know about that these Kameos having different properties on wakeup?

Last edited:
I'm not too sure it's a great idea to make more kameo attacks good at reversaling, but I agree sareena's is the only one worth a damn.

first of all, reversals and wakeups work a little differently for kameos.

the wakeup kameos have no own invincibility or armor at all, but they slightly increase your character's knockdown invincibility. the only good use i found for kameo wakeups is defending against quick high strings like 112 or sth. the first hit of those usually is avoided and the kameos are quick enough to beat the second. but actually they should beat any perfect meaty with no quick follow-up.

most reversals have no armor as well, but there are 4 exceptions: sareena, sub, sonya and lao have one hit of armor and go through most gaps, including cyrax's.

all of this goes only for any kameo's one dedicated wakeup/reversal move.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
first of all, reversals and wakeups work a little differently for kameos.

the wakeup kameos have no own invincibility or armor at all, but they slightly increase your character's knockdown invincibility. the only good use i found for kameo wakeups is defending against quick high strings like 112 or sth. the first hit of those usually is avoided and the kameos are quick enough to beat the second. but actually they should beat any perfect meaty with no quick follow-up.

most reversals have no armor as well, but there are 4 exceptions: sareena, sub, sonya and lao have one hit of armor and go through most gaps, including cyrax's.

all of this goes only for any kameo's one dedicated wakeup/reversal move.
Exactly, big difference between wakeup Kameo attack and a reversal Kameo attack. There’s several good Kameo reversal that can blow up gaps in strings. And every single character, afaik, has a gap in at least one of their strings. And since the reversal Kameo attacks give you armor (again, afaik), that also helps as well. The issue is not every Kameo has a reversal attack. Like Scorpion for instance doesn’t. The only Kameo attack that gives you armor with Kameo Scorpion is the spear which pulls you back. Which it’s still useful in some situations btw.

Anyway, as far as wakeup Kameo attacks, I haven’t really messed with them all that much. Because I just didn’t think they were very good outside of Sareena’s. But I’ll lab all of that eventually

Exactly, big difference between wakeup Kameo attack and a reversal Kameo attack. There’s several good Kameo reversal that can blow up gaps in strings. And every single character, afaik, has a gap in at least one of their strings. And since the reversal Kameo attacks give you armor (again, afaik), that also helps as well. The issue is not every Kameo has a reversal attack. Like Scorpion for instance doesn’t. The only Kameo attack that gives you armor with Kameo Scorpion is the spear which pulls you back. Which it’s still useful in some situations btw.

Anyway, as far as wakeup Kameo attacks, I haven’t really messed with them all that much. Because I just didn’t think they were very good outside of Sareena’s. But I’ll lab all of that eventually
from what i have tested, scorpions pull only has armor as a wakeup, but surprisingly not as reversal.

So theres a bunch of Kameos that can beat Barakas double hitting back 3 on wakeup but only one (Sareena's) that can bust through the gap in his df2.

Unfortunately, scorpions back Kameo loses to both