What's new

sandra73

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
They call them beaners because they eat beans. How is that mean? I have a little Cubarican friend at work who calls other Spanish people beaners. and she herself, eats beans.

yea and they call black people the n word because it means black. its totally not offensive! my friend put someone in coma for calling him beaner and the court ruled in his favor. not offensive?

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
In the real world you're not allowed to hit someone for calling you a name.

Shock said:
In the real world you're not allowed to hit someone for calling you a name.
Canada is not the real world? We have very strong anti-racism laws here. Ever hear of NARCC? Probably not. They will fight to the bitter end for victims of racism. He won, and the jackass is still in coma. It's not like calling someone a beaner or a N is the same as calling them a poopoo head. heh.......

Enigma said:
In that case, Canada's more fucking retarded than I thought.
Yeah a land where racism is hardly heard of is retarded! EH EH?

edit: igloo

edit2: hockey stick

well anyway i dont want to get into a digital fight here, sometimes courts can be strange idk but it did happen and people around here find beaner very offensive. like do you seriously think if you walk up to a gang of mexicans as a non-mexican stranger and say "hey beaners" they would be friendly to you? maybe in america i dont know, but here that would get your ass seriously kicked. :p

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Apparently you don't have very strong laws against battery, but I'm glad to know the Thought Police are well funded.

Long live the Constitution.

it was more along the lines of discrimination and his reaction time to the discrimination was beyond his control or whatever.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
So you are allowed to react physically towards "discrimination" in Canada?

Shock said:
So you are allowed to react physically towards "discrimination" in Canada?
You would be surprised what we can do in defense to any form of harassment in Canada under a many number of circumstances.

If it's the case where you can react physically to discrimination in Canada, they have more of a right to free speech. Speech should only be protected against state agents, not other people who may be offended, given certain exceptions. If a gang of Nazis wants to march down a black neighbourhood and say that they're a superior race, they should get their asses beat. But, if it's speech not intent on hurting anyone, like someone singing about how we should feed the poor, then they should be protected. I mean, we have courts for a reason.

I talked to my friend today for more details of what happened.

Ok it was at a party, and the guy was drunk and got all in my friends face telling him to leave because hes stinking up the place and is a beaner. My friend got super pissed at this disrespect and the guy kept saying "beaner leave, stupid beaner get out of here" and the guy got too close to my irate friend and bumped chests, which he then reacted to punching him so hard in the face he was knocked out and his head hit a counter as he fell making things worse.

The guys family took my friend to court, and his defense was racial discrimination and the fear that it would lead to him getting hurt. Plus because my friend reacted so fast after the guy got too close to him, he was found to be not in total control of himself when he threw the punch. So under the circumstances he was in, it was like a reflex.

He had witnesses and everything he discribed was true, and the guy had a bad record for causing trouble when drunk.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
You can call someone a beaner here, and people might get upset or give you shit for it, but if someone hits you for it, they will get in trouble, unless you were holding up a knife and saying "I'm gonna kill you beaner." Even that might not be considered a hate crime, less than .0005% of murders in the US are found to be considered hate crimes.