What's new

Sam Wilson (falcon) will be captain america

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
He didn't say anything about Captain America being black but Thor being a woman instead.

Y'all chill lol
But a side note, they should make Black Panther white. That'd kinda be funny

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
I don't know if this is a fact or not but is the president in the marvel universe black? I remember seeing the DC one had a president that looked like Obama but his face was in the shade.

I'm not sure I remember for marvel I know for a fact he was white during civil war cause of the cable deadpool stuff.but I remember reading something about charmeleon impersonating Obama and spider man quizzing him on basketball stuff
He was in a few issues of Spiderman is all I can say. I think he came by NYC to congratulate JJJ on becoming mayor

BRUTALITY

Banned
as someone who never reads comics, i think these changes are ridiculous and superficial. there is so much more to humans and characters alike than their race and gender. it is all about personality of character and if some people could not relate previously they still wont relate now - unless their strange prejudice stopped them
based on character appearance. cheap tacky and unnecessary

The Great One

"I Always d1 Lif-" SHUT UP
as someone who never reads comics, i think these changes are ridiculous and superficial. there is so much more to humans and characters alike than their race and gender. it is all about personality of character and if some people could not relate previously they still wont relate now - unless their strange prejudice stopped them
based on character appearance. cheap tacky and unnecessary
I just want to tell you.

I don't think you're racist

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
This actually pisses me off. This is a forum website am I correct? Does posting my opinion really piss you off so much you post your long monologue of justice? I think I'm entitled to an opinion. I apologized to the others because the OP appeared racist but come on... can we go back to talking about the actual fucking comics?

P.s. thank you though I was not aware the serum would eventually die away
Hey I was "Blown up" b/c I ranted about "Top Players/ Elitists" who think they are the shit. I vented and if you do get your opinion you will get blown up. It happens though.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
I don't know if this is a fact or not but is the president in the marvel universe black? I remember seeing the DC one had a president that looked like Obama but his face was in the shade.

I'm not sure I remember for marvel I know for a fact he was white during civil war cause of the cable deadpool stuff.but I remember reading something about charmeleon impersonating Obama and spider man quizzing him on basketball stuff
Current presidents are constantly making guest appearances in comics. Go back and you'll see Bill Clinton, Bush, etc.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
OP is racist, sexist, and homophobic... Smh. Think for a moment before you spew some ignorant hate again.

It's called an edit button

OP is racist, sexist, and homophobic... Smh. Think for a moment before you spew some ignorant hate again.

It's called an edit button
Are you being serious now, or just trolling?

I hate the fact that Thor will by replaced by a woman, Captain America by a black guy and I do think that we will get a homosexual, pink Hulk very soon, simply because Marvel is going overboard with the political correctness and moreso the enforced diversity.

I love women. I don't care about african americans and I also don't care in which gender you want to put your penis in.

What I care about are the characters I grew up with. Are you reading Marvel comics? Probably not, right? Well, I am. Since over 15 years. I grew up with Spider-Man, Thor and Captain America. Spider-Man has been killed and replaced by a black boy, who no one ever requested, just to boost the diversity. I'm fairly sure that there are more white people, that loved Peter Parker than there are black people, who love Miles Morales.
Thor is an experienced, brave warrior - He is the definition of masculinity. Why is he being replaced by a woman?

When it comes to Captain America I don't even care that much, to be honest, because of the person, who is replacing him. I understand that it's happening to increase the diversity (just like the Mighty Avengers team, which consists mainly out of black characters), but the guy who is stepping in for Captain America is indeed Falcon, who has been his sidekick for a long time now, so if anyone deserves to wear Captain America's shield it's Falcon at this point.

The others don't and especially not for such superficial reasons.

I'm not being racist, sexist nor homophobic right now. I'm just pissed off and annoyed that my favorite characters are being replaced, because Marvel thinks there is need for more black characters in comics.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Are you being serious now, or just trolling?

I hate the fact that Thor will by replaced by a woman, Captain America by a black guy and I do think that we will get a homosexual, pink Hulk very soon, simply because Marvel is going overboard with the political correctness and moreso the enforced diversity.

I love women. I don't care about african americans and I also don't care in which gender you want to put your penis in.

What I care about are the characters I grew up with. Are you reading Marvel comics? Probably not, right? Well, I am. Since over 15 years. I grew up with Spider-Man, Thor and Captain America. Spider-Man has been killed and replaced by a black boy, who no one ever requested, just to boost the diversity. I'm fairly sure that there are more white people, that loved Peter Parker than there are black people, who love Miles Morales.
Thor is an experienced, brave warrior - He is the definition of masculinity. Why is he being replaced by a woman?

When it comes to Captain America I don't even care that much, to be honest, because of the person, who is replacing him. I understand that it's happening to increase the diversity (just like the Mighty Avengers team, which consists mainly out of black characters), but the guy who is stepping in for Captain America is indeed Falcon, who has been his sidekick for a long time now, so if anyone deserves to wear Captain America's shield it's Falcon at this point.

The others don't and especially not for such superficial reasons.

I'm not being racist, sexist nor homophobic right now. I'm just pissed off and annoyed that my favorite characters are being replaced, because Marvel thinks there is need for more black characters in comics.
I have read marvel. They are notorious for supporting white patriarchal hegemoney. And seriously you are that mad? You have yet to even read them yet!?! They are being rebranded for far from superficial reasons.

Also, I wouldn't make the association that because Thor is an experienced and brave warrior, that he is the definition of 'masculinity'. Thor is a brave, experienced, perhaps even fool hardy warrior, but these are hardly exclusive traits of masculinity. Women can claim them as well, and I would argue that Thor was primarily about these traits/qualities (not masculinity). That is your bias being reflected that you associate them as such exclusives. Just take a step back and check your privilege.

All I am saying is give them a chance. Your favorite superheroes are not being 'erased' simply because their skin color/gender/sexual orientation changes. What makes them your favorite characters could still be there. But give it a chance before you let your implicit phobias cloud your judgment.