What's new

Move List - Jax Safe Pressure Normals/Strings

The Slaj Jazz

TIckle my sweet salty nips
Hey guys, so I went into the lab and tested to see which strings I could use for that was safe for pressure. I left out any strings that had gaps in them. Some strings can be made safe with Jax's Gotcha Grab* (DB1). Tested using Tempest Kung Lao's ex spin which is 5 frames.
EDIT: Gotcha grab is ONLY safe in Wrestler and Heavy Weapons Variations as it is -4. In the Pumped Up variation it is -9. Updated with normals/strings that are completely safe against the fastest punishes in the game (anything that has 5 frame start up).

NORMALS

Quick Fist - 1 / 1,DB1
Downward Hammer -B1, DB1
Power Hook - 2 / 2, DB1
Upward Punch - F2 / F2, DB1
Steel Toe*- 3, DB1
Foot Smash* - B3, DB1
Ankle Breaker - D3 / D3,DB1
Spinning Boot - 4 / 4, DB1
Flick Kick -D4 / D4, DB1

STRINGS

Boot Camp - 1,1 / 1,1 DB1
Active Duty - 1,2 / 1,2 DB1
Outranked - B1, 2, 1
Majority Rules * B1, 2 DB1
Air Raid - F2,1 / F2,1 DB1
All Out Assault - 3, F4

Last edited:

Drecker

GET CITY.
I've actually been conditioning people to try and poke out of my midscreen f21 pressure by canceling into db2; since there's a decent gap before the fireball comes out a lot of d1's and other quick normals can poke you out fairly decently.

Once they're conditioned to poke out, if they even realize there's a gap, I start to mix in Gotcha and the whole thing turns into a guessing game for them. If they try to poke out and get tagged by Gotcha, you can pretty reliably scare them into just blocking f21 xx db2 and keeping yourself at huge advantage to continue pressure since it's like +10 on block.

Well just realized that gotcha grab is only safe in Heavy Weapons and Wrestler variations, not pumped up, where it is -9.
yeah i just wanted to ask why did u put cancel u gotcha grab if its not safe...how to pressure safe in pumped up ? and how many negative frames is his d3,d4,d1,d12 ?
i dont understand how to understand frame data in game?

The Slaj Jazz

TIckle my sweet salty nips
@AcMilan91 Alright so d3 is neutral on block at 0 frames, d4 is -4 but is safe, d1 is -5, and d1,2 is -7, both being punishable. From my understanding, the fastest move in the game comes out in 5 frames, so anything below that will be safe, for example his d4 which is -4. But for things that are -5 and -7 such as d1 and d1,2 are punishable since they are negative 5 frames or more which allows them to be punished