What's new

Tech Safe B2, J3 Corner 50/50 & Other Max Height 212 Ender Setups

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
I've been using the Safe B2 setup since it was posted and I gotta say it is miles better than the traditional MB Spear -> Teleport Vortex.

Since Scorpion's 50/50 pales in comparison to Frost's, BG's and Sinestro's, giving the opponent one more option to escape (attack) actually works in Scorpion's favor thanks to his Teleport. The opponent knowing they can try to wake up to stop the 50/50 or a jump-in is perfect to open them up, specially against characters that Scorpion struggles with.

It's certainly soon to make a definite call. But I can see MB Spear being limited to the corner 50/50 crossup. While max height 212 becomes the de facto BnB ender.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
ur voice was kinda mumbly in the vids btw.

also how do u avoid this stuff?

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Since Scorpion's 50/50 pales in comparison to Frost's, BG's and Sinestro's, giving the opponent one more option to escape (attack) actually works in Scorpion's favor thanks to his Teleport. The opponent knowing they can try to wake up to stop the 50/50 or a jump-in is perfect to open them up, specially against characters that Scorpion struggles with.

^ this guy knows the score :cool:

ur voice was kinda mumbly in the vids btw.

also how do u avoid this stuff?

sorry about that, what didnt you understand me saying?

you avoid it by guessing right ;)

Axel_Redd

sorry about that, what didnt you understand me saying?

you avoid it by guessing right ;)
most of the vid was hard to make out, although i did get a few important parts.

i can pushblock too. But still, this character is still stupid.

1man3letters

most of the vid was hard to make out, although i did get a few important parts.

i can pushblock too. But still, this character is still stupid.

well as long as you understood the point of them then.

you still have to guess right on the direction you hold for pushblock though.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
god I love this so much

Scorpion feels a lot better now I have some measure of consistency. I never like risking the vortex because unlike BG and KF's 50/50's, which is only two options compared to Scorpion's fucking ton of them, he doesn't have shit for safety, lol. Having a go-to set up is really good.

What should I do to mix it up? Just teleport? Should I MB b.3 some wake ups?

1man3letters

What should I do to mix it up? Just teleport? Should I MB b.3 some wake ups?

mixup options bulletpointed under the video.

MB telepunch when they respect the safe b2 too much.
b1 is only to be sneaked in when both b2/mb telepunch options respected as its the most unsafe option in setup.
MB telepunch or MB b3 if you read there wakeup.
dash into early j1 is for when opponent is scared shitless to do anything lol
double dash pressure option just another way to go into 2u3/non max height 212 ender setups.

Axel_Redd

i hate this character soooo much....his teleport & hellfire gameplan is soo stupid.

Axel_Redd

mixup options bulletpointed under the video.

MB telepunch when they respect the safe b2 too much.
b1 is only to be sneaked in when both b2/mb telepunch options respected as its the most unsafe option in setup.
MB telepunch or MB b3 if you read there wakeup.
dash into early j1 is for when opponent is scared shitless to do anything lol
double dash pressure option just another way to go into 2u3/non max height 212 ender setups.
whats the point in doing dash into early j1?

and also, about doing a double dash, when is that guaranteed again?

Disaster FX

Boom Bap Dragon
Honestly, the best advice I've given anyone fighting Scorpion is this:

Don't jump on him. Don't try to challenge him in the air. Don't try to use interactables in neutral game. Just grow a pair, walk forward all match and react to what he does next.

Axel_Redd

Honestly, the best advice I've given anyone fighting Scorpion is this:

Don't jump on him. Don't try to challenge him in the air. Don't try to use interactables in neutral game. Just grow a pair, walk forward all match and react to what he does next.
he still breaks the game -__-

1man3letters

whats the point in doing dash into early j1?

and also, about doing a double dash, when is that guaranteed again?

because it cant be backdashed so its just another option to continue pressure if you read no wakeup.
with double dash, you can block every wakeup in game and have enough time to mb b3 a 6 frame wakeup, 2 is the most useful normal to use in that situation as b1/b2 can be backdashed.

but i don't, and i already am handling it, by not using DS when people pick scorp.

you rage that hard on scorpion and you play ds?
ds does alot better than some the other characters with zoning tools as he has a good footsies game going for him and of course his j3 beats telepunch that he isnt able to punish the MB on block.

he still breaks the game -__-

seriously man, joking or not please dont post this kind of comment in the scorpion forum.

the playerbase that will read it had to deal with the most embarassing display of any fg community with the way scorpion was cried and moaned about.
scorpion j1,j3 and telepunch all normalized, some left but those who stayed moved on with what we were given and to be honest the "breaks the game" bullshit is part of that embarassment.
scorpion breaks the game no more that superman turning off all amour in the game with his damage boost trait among other examples i could give.

so if you want to talk about how u hate this character and scorpion breaks the game etc etc please keep it to status updates

Axel_Redd

last i checked DS loses horribly to scorp, i don't see how u can possibly zone him with DS at all.

and a double dash can only be done if u hit them with that one string at less than max hight right?

1man3letters

last i checked DS loses horribly to scorp, i don't see how u can possibly zone him with DS at all.

then dont zone all day :/
your character has good footsie options,50/50s a safe wakeup that hits both sides and can catch scorpions telepunch mixup and a j3 which beats scorpions telepunch.
i cant see ds losing "horribly" but thats more talk that should go on in mu thread not here...

1man3letters

GGA Slips watching last nights gga stream there.
seen you used the j3 corner 50/50 on han 1st match and he guessed wrong both times :D
also seen you working in the max height 212 enders the 2nd time you two played,
good shit my man,good shit

Reactions: RYX

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
GGA Slips watching last nights gga stream there.
seen you used the j3 corner 50/50 on han 1st match and he guessed wrong both times :D
also seen you working in the max height 212 enders the 2nd time you two played,
good shit my man,good shit
Yea both of those are good. Still sorting out when I should do which. I get mixed up with what enders what I want to use and end up just doing random ones and it messes up my train of thought. A work in progress but worth learning for sure. Good stuff sir.

1man3letters

Yea both of those are good. Still sorting out when I should do which. I get mixed up with what enders what I want to use and end up just doing random ones and it messes up my train of thought. A work in progress but worth learning for sure. Good stuff sir.

cheers,
yea get what u mean, just to mention that u use double j3s so much after MB spear to b3,
its good bit tighter if you want to try catch a max height 212 to get maximum + frames on of the knockdown, its better choice to use j2,j3 if want to end in 212 with those combos.

also i thought your sig was part of that post for a second lol fits well though

1man3letters

OBS|KH Rattlehead
GGA Slips
Disaster FX
AK GamerBlake
Jaku2011
Gurimmjaw
JDE
BoricuaHeat
SmokeMaster
Minh Giang
Bildslash
Perdition
x0Kakashi
@any other scorpion

just a update on expanding the info on the corner j3 setup.
will update op with this info aswell...

something i REALLY should of put in the video is that if you want to put your opponent back in the same setup you use either,
j3,21~telepunch,f113~MB spear,dash,nj2
or
j3,11~telepunch,f113~MB spear,dash,nj2

(important: in the right corner you will always end up behind after the j3 hits (crossup or non crossup) but in the left corner early non crossup attempts will keep you on the same side so you will have to adjust your combo to j3,112,f113~MB spear,dash,nj2 if want to repeat the setup.)

also i tested out using his other air normals in this setup to see what would they do:
*j2 acts the same & can be used pretty much with the same rules as using j3. still think j3 better though personally.
*j1 has a very handy use of if you use j1 with the timing of if you were attempting the latest possible crossup j3, the j1 will still hit non crossup. this has the least cancel advantage out of the 3 but i really like it to fuck with timings of your opponent

finally heres more combos that setup up the j3 corner 50/50:
11~trait,f22u3~flipkick,112,f113~MB spear,dash,nj2 (112 trait doesnt work on full cast to reason 11~trait is inserted)
b1~trait,f22u3~flipkick,112,f113~MB spear,dash,nj2
b12~trait,f22u3~telepunch,dash,d2,113~MB spear,dash,nj2 (f113 does not give proper spacing with this combo so dont change out the 113)
b2,b2,f22u3~trait,f113~MB spear
b2,b2,112,f113~MB spear,dash,nj2
(back to corner) MB telepunch, j3, f113~MB spear,dash,nj2