What's new

Tech - Reptile Safe Acid Puddle Setups and Punishers

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now

Hey Everybody this is just a quick video showing some of the safe acid puddle setups that reptile has and some max damage punishers if the opponent tries to wake up.

I included a combo to show that this sequence is loopable as well.

Reptile gets pretty crazy damage potential if they wake up, and if the opponent lays down they are going to eat some serious block damage from both the acid spit and a single reptile block string. With a single punish this can easily become an 80%+ sequence

Also here is reptiles highest meterless corner combo that i've found so far.

@RM Cossner
@THTB
@Milkman
@OFIDYAN
@Pig Of The Hut
@Wam-Zlay
@dribirut
@Jeffrey Wolf
@G4S Killin Natzees
@KomboKody
@TamedLizard

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Love it.

I can't make use of the MB Spit mid screen from 1,4, as you drop damage and spend a bar to possibly not get anything.

The move still needs to have a way bigger surface area, and it still needs to take damage from the opponent during the throw animation, giving him a 14 MB spit grab opportunity.

The move could defiantly be looked at for a buff or redesign in possible patches, personally it should kill back dashes or eliminate wake ups or something considering the size of the surface area.

@colt Would there be a chance of that?

4x4lo8o

Noob
Great stuff.
I dunno if it's common knowledge , but in case anyone didn't know njk also gives enough advantage to set up acid puddle

Last edited:

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
start tagging @InFlames in your posts so he stops being a trash reptile
lol @InFlames has the greatest execution out of anyone that i've ever played. If there is anyone that can do this stuff as consistently as i can it's him. If he's picked up reptile than i'm looking forward to seeing what he can do with the character.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Great stuff.
I dunno if it's common knowledge , but in case anyone didn't know njk also gives enough advantage to set up acid puddle
Thanks man. And yes both njk and double njp grant enough advantage for an acid puddle setup.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Love it.

I can't make use of the MB Spit mid screen from 1,4, as you drop damage and spend a bar to possibly not get anything.

The move still needs to have a way bigger surface area, and it still needs to take damage from the opponent during the throw animation, giving him a 14 MB spit grab opportunity.

The move could defiantly be looked at for a buff or redesign in possible patches, personally it should kill back dashes or eliminate wake ups or something considering the size of the surface area.

I Think something as simple as being able to do a close, medium, and far puddle would help alot with it mid screen

TamedLizard

Buff George
Look out @CoolChameleon & @FluffyKittenPops....new Rep tech coming your way.
:joker:

This is great stuff. Might be able to pull off one Puddle per match. I like having EX Klaw Slash on backup for those jump crazy opponents and for dire pressure situations.

On that note, what's the best midscreen damage you've found off Klaw Slash? F41, F412xx Slide seems the most ideal, but I struggle with that online.

Last edited:

zoofs

bless
lol @InFlames has the greatest execution out of anyone that i've ever played. If there is anyone that can do this stuff as consistently as i can it's him. If he's picked up reptile than i'm looking forward to seeing what he can do with the character.
Yeah I'm joking, he's a maniac. He's been playing reptile for 3 days and doesn't drop stuff in delay that I can barely do offline

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
Love it.

Maybe they should take dmg while they are lying on it?

Love it.

Bro I'm on the exact same page