What's new

Tech Safe 50/50

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
I went through Baraka for about an hour and realized that Baraka basically has two options after a JIP:
F2 Slices
Or B31

But B31 is unsafe and can't be hit confirmed or special cancelled, but I have been using B32-Slices on block, or B32 - Chopchop, D4 :x or Blade charge on hit.

Slices is safe on block, and you have a 6 frame d3 or cross up afterwards, and if d3 hits, you can go for a 3b3 which is also safe on block.

I havnt seen many people do this, but instead guess and be punished for guessing wrong.

Im not a Baraka expert, but il post this in a video when I get home, there is another option for continued pressure after a hit b32 on hit, but il need to record that.

I$AAC

Noob
I think I seen someone on the VSM stream do this a couple of weeks back....his name escape me though

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
I went through Baraka for about an hour and realized that Baraka basically has two options after a JIP:
F2 Slices
Or B31

But B31 is unsafe and can't be hit confirmed or special cancelled, but I have been using B32-Slices on block, or B32 - Chopchop, D4 :x or Blade charge on hit.

Slices is safe on block, and you have a 6 frame d3 or cross up afterwards, and if d3 hits, you can go for a 3b3 which is also safe on block.

I havnt seen many people do this, but instead guess and be punished for guessing wrong.

Im not a Baraka expert, but il post this in a video when I get home, there is another option for continued pressure after a hit b32 on hit, but il need to record that.
he has way more options than two that jail and are safe, 121,122,3~slices,4~slices,b11~slices,b1f2~slices,f44

of course your main option is the 22 1+2 option but that 2 is 23 frames and a jip only jails for 16,it can be interuped.
ive said it before and ill say it again, b31 should only be used as a punish as it is unsafe like u mentioned, only time u want to use b31 from a jip is if you trying to unsafe mind fuck of b31f1

b32 is his best hit confirm string,ya've got the right,slices/spin on block,chop on hit,raka 101
b32 is only +6 on hit, why wouldnt u hit confirm it for damage?
3b3 is also interuptable before the b3
also on slices,apart from the meter it builds ending stuff in spin is far better as it sets up better footsies and your still at 0 and also setups up some traps by abusing the hitbox/hurtbox of certain moves, and you can do some funky ass meter build/baits after spin on hit

when u say you dont see many people using b32~chop,d4~xray i take it you dont mean me, thats the letters special dude ;)

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*
Don't tell me I'm the only one using B+1 after a jip...+5 on block and jails, +12 on hit and special cancelable as well. People need to use this normal more!

And 1man, does that mean 221+2~Chop Chop, D+4~X-Ray is the Cuban special? ;)

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

UsedForGlue

he has way more options than two that jail and are safe, 121,122,3~slices,4~slices,b11~slices,b1f2~slices,f44

of course your main option is the 22 1+2 option but that 2 is 23 frames and a jip only jails for 16,it can be interuped.
ive said it before and ill say it again, b31 should only be used as a punish as it is unsafe like u mentioned, only time u want to use b31 from a jip is if you trying to unsafe mind fuck of b31f1

b32 is his best hit confirm string,ya've got the right,slices/spin on block,chop on hit,raka 101
b32 is only +6 on hit, why wouldnt u hit confirm it for damage?
3b3 is also interuptable before the b3
also on slices,apart from the meter it builds ending stuff in spin is far better as it sets up better footsies and your still at 0 and also setups up some traps by abusing the hitbox/hurtbox of certain moves, and you can do some funky ass meter build/baits after spin on hit

when u say you dont see many people using b32~chop,d4~xray i take it you dont mean me, thats the letters special dude ;)
I appreciate the full reply.

But what I am talking about is: Baraka has a Overhead/Low 50/50 after resets and its known as either F2, or B31, but I was just mentioning that doing B31 after a reset is a risk, so opt for B32 and hit confirm into slices on block, and chop chop on hit, and then you have a completely safe 50/50 option.

I was basically putting in my two cents as far as his 50/50 goes.

There are certainly more riskier moves out there than B3, 1. It is only -11, so not all characters can get a full combo punish off of it (most only get an uppercut punish) and sometimes you can surprise people with B3, 1, F1.

Slices leaves Baraka and his opponent at neutral frames, so F2 ~ Slices and B3, 2 ~ Slices are pretty good options. I'm a big fan of 2, 2, 1+2 myself after a jip to secure that frame advantage as most people will be too afraid to interupt it considering that Baraka does have other moves they have to respect (and you essentially need a move that is faster than 7 frames, or an armored move to do it).

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*

But what I am talking about is: Baraka has a Overhead/Low 50/50 after resets and its known as either F2, or B31, but I was just mentioning that doing B31 after a reset is a risk, so opt for B32 and hit confirm into slices on block, and chop chop on hit, and then you have a completely safe 50/50 option.

I almost always go for B32~Slices after reset, the problem is hit confirming into Chop Chop from B32 is nearly impossible. The input gap for the special is too small. Unless you have amazingly good reflexes, hit confirming from b32 is tough. It's much more practical just to use the meter for b32~EN Slices, then dash Blade Charge if it connects, and if it's blocked, you're still at neutral.

1man3letters

sorry,i thought u were talking about his jip game as aswell as the high/low game,my bad.

yes thats very true, they his only save high/low game options after resets.
theres his +11 sweep aswell i guess but at 26 frames you wont catch many of guard with it :rolleyes: good things can be done with the move on hit and block so i try stick it in when can,
love whiffing a b4 and punishing the whiff punish attempt with charge

f2 is the better option than b32 after the resets at midscreen as the f2 cant be jumped out of after the b31,b31,f4 midscreen reset.
b32 cant be jumped over after the standard corner resets,
of course ex slices can be linked off both in the corner for damage or reset combos.
(u3 can also not be jumped out of in corner after resets,know its not a high/low mixup but it hits mid level,full combo on hit, +10 on block,i really love this normal in the corner)

must get some more games in soon,last session was good craic (even with it online:rolleyes:)

1man3letters

I almost always go for B32~Slices after reset, the problem is hit confirming into Chop Chop from B32 is nearly impossible. The input gap for the special is too small. Unless you have amazingly good reflexes, hit confirming from b32 is tough. It's much more practical just to use the meter for b32~EN Slices, then dash Blade Charge if it connects, and if it's blocked, you're still at neutral.

really?
next to 22 1+2 i find b32 the next easest string to get hit confirms off,
and my reflexes have seen better days,:(

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*
really?
next to 22 1+2 i find b32 the next easest string to get hit confirms off,
and my reflexes have seen better days,:(
If you're anticipating a block or hit maybe lol. I used to try hit confirming the string, but I kept getting blown up because I would input the special too slow. But let's say you're going for a hit confirm, and they block, and only b32 comes out. You're at -18. Even worse if Chop Chop comes out. I just think it's better to go for EN Slices.

1man3letters

hmm i duno, as said i think its a awesome string for hit confirms,mileenas 42 now that annoying to hit confirm
b32~ex slices does do a nice bit off chip though and u do get a chunk of that meter back

yea b32 on block is bads time,even b322 at -14 is pretty bad and the last hit interuptable
really wish the b31f1 and b322 strings were safe on block, even like -7 or something, i dont see why there that bad on block if the last hit can be easily hit out

I wouldn't mind B3, 1 and B3, 1, F1 being so unsafe on block if the B3, 1, F1 was uninterupterable so there was at least some sort of guessing game involved.

I also find it funny how Baraka and Kabal have the same F4, except Kabal's comes out in 9 frames instead of 12 frames, is +37 on hit instead of +9, and is also special cancellable where as Baraka had to have his special cancellable trait removed to avoid big conrer damage combos. Netherrealm must really hate Baraka lol...

UsedForGlue

sorry,i thought u were talking about his jip game as aswell as the high/low game,my bad.

yes thats very true, they his only save high/low game options after resets.
theres his +11 sweep aswell i guess but at 26 frames you wont catch many of guard with it :rolleyes: good things can be done with the move on hit and block so i try stick it in when can,
love whiffing a b4 and punishing the whiff punish attempt with charge

f2 is the better option than b32 after the resets at midscreen as the f2 cant be jumped out of after the b31,b31,f4 midscreen reset.
b32 cant be jumped over after the standard corner resets,
of course ex slices can be linked off both in the corner for damage or reset combos.
(u3 can also not be jumped out of in corner after resets,know its not a high/low mixup but it hits mid level,full combo on hit, +10 on block,i really love this normal in the corner)

must get some more games in soon,last session was good craic (even with it online:rolleyes:)
Well Baraka & Kenshi are the last two characters on my list that I have never played, so im just having fun with Baraka at the minute, and I love that I can land 50% damage with one combo into reset.

He is a beast.

1man3letters

Well Baraka & Kenshi are the last two characters on my list that I have never played, so im just having fun with Baraka at the minute, and I love that I can land 50% damage with one combo into reset.

He is a beast.
yea his no meter corner damage is pretty sweet alright.
u have a 50% reset?

I wouldn't mind B3, 1 and B3, 1, F1 being so unsafe on block if the B3, 1, F1 was uninterupterable so there was at least some sort of guessing game involved.

I also find it funny how Baraka and Kabal have the same F4, except Kabal's comes out in 9 frames instead of 12 frames, is +37 on hit instead of +9, and is also special cancellable where as Baraka had to have his special cancellable trait removed to avoid big conrer damage combos. Netherrealm must really hate Baraka lol...

I agree, I think its stupid that they nerfed his f4. The only issue was f4 chop chop and they already put limitations by only allow 2 chop chops in any combo. I think they were being lazy and killed everything rather than rework the move itself. Even if chop is not allowed why not spark, spin, slices. Cant get any infinite combos on those moves. just laziness I tell ya!

Kabal f4 is way more dangerous and leads to devastating combos and mixups. To me, there are characters that they obviously favor and others they don't care about. That's why baraka needed so much work to begin with- they didn't care to complete his game-play.

1man3letters

JIP 221+2, B31, F4 - RESET - F2 :ex Slices, Blade charge, in and around 50%, im sure it's the done thing, I just dig it.
oh i thought u meant 50% damage in one juggle ending in a reset :oops:
in the combo u mentioned there u can fit another b31 in before the f4,midscreen id just stick with the one
and you can get around 40% mark off a f2~ex slices in corner.

even though it not the highest damage i like throwing in f2~ex slices,chop,f4 every now and then just to get the bit extra meter for using another special and i burn meter like its going out of style lol

Flagg

Noob
JIP 221+2, B31, F4 - RESET - F2 :ex Slices, Blade charge, in and around 50%, im sure it's the done thing, I just dig it.
Does that F2 hit after his F4 knee? Im sure they can block, or are you taking chip damage into consideration?

I also tend to only use B31 as a punish.

1man3letters

i forgot to mention this before but when against sektor (both human and robot) the slices of b32-slices will whiff and since b32 doesnt jail opp standing from a jip b3~slices or b32~spin is your low option for a safe 50/50 while against sektor (he can release block to dodge spin though)

i forgot to mention this before but when against sektor (both human and robot) the slices of b32-slices will whiff and since b32 doesnt jail opp standing from a jip b3~slices or b32~spin is your low option for a safe 50/50 while against sektor
Do you mean B32-slices will whiff against a crouching sector because of low hitbox or standing also? As far as jailing, do you mean opponents can duck while blocking b32-slices causing slices to whiff during execution?

So if you jip b32-slices and it is blocked while standing, Sector can crouch during execution causing slices to whiff?

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
One of my friends says he's been messing around with Baraka for a while, and says he thinks he is under rated and has tons of options. All I know is I just don't like fighting Baraka because of spin and charge.