What's new

Video/Tutorial SaBiie's Smoke Video Thread

Quito

PSN : QuitoTheSecond
i beat sabiie smoke today whith smoke
he alright whith smoke. i saw your problem : your too predictible. I shoud lost on smoke vs smoke fight cauz his your main guy.
keep going dude

i beat sabiie smoke today whith smoke
he alright whith smoke. i saw your problem : your too predictible. I shoud lost on smoke vs smoke fight cauz his your main guy.
keep going dude
Isn't every smoke predictable? He has no variety of tools at all. Only two strings worth using midscreen, one of which almost must be started with a jump in punch. A risky teleport that ends up in getting full combo'd more often than actually doing damage to your opponent. Reliance upon smoke bomb as a combo starter. An easily punishable smoke drift that is only worth anything going backwards or as a surprise EX forwards. No useful low attack besides d3 and b4. Midair telepunch is cute and will work once or twice.

His strategy consists of getting a lucky combo started just to get breakered, then hopefully you can start another one up before your opponent has the meter for another breaker. Once he's on the ground you have a 33% chance of guessing the correct attack(or block) to use to get another combo. In the likely chance you get stuffed, you're at disadvantage and will likely eat another combo or huge chip. Smoke cannot do any sort of mixup game. IMO he's not a good character, and only performs because he's easy to spam with online for people who don't know what the block button does.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Smoke has everything he needs to beat anyone playing any character. I plan on placing top 8 next big east coast tournament.

PLEASE prove me wrong. Until then, I'm dropping Smoke. Too frustrating for me to play as. I want to love him again, I really do.

PeeJaeys

Sabi
Ok guys can someone with a good lao and maybe a MIC help me out against him? Like actually tell me what I should do against that mother flipfuck. Sorry to those who main him, but he's an an annoying prick. Spin Spin Spin.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
I'm gonna try super hard to get to salty battles 3 this Friday in time to enter the tournament but that would be a small miracle. Otherwise, they'll hopefully stream the casuals as well because I'll be in those for sure.

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Fort Lee, NJ. I work in manhattan so I doubt I'm going to be able to go anywhere in a timely fashion on a Friday night in the summer :(

FrothyOmen said:
Isn't every smoke predictable? He has no variety of tools at all. Only two strings worth using midscreen, one of which almost must be started with a jump in punch. A risky teleport that ends up in getting full combo'd more often than actually doing damage to your opponent. Reliance upon smoke bomb as a combo starter. An easily punishable smoke drift that is only worth anything going backwards or as a surprise EX forwards. No useful low attack besides d3 and b4. Midair telepunch is cute and will work once or twice.

His strategy consists of getting a lucky combo started just to get breakered, then hopefully you can start another one up before your opponent has the meter for another breaker. Once he's on the ground you have a 33% chance of guessing the correct attack(or block) to use to get another combo. In the likely chance you get stuffed, you're at disadvantage and will likely eat another combo or huge chip. Smoke cannot do any sort of mixup game. IMO he's not a good character, and only performs because he's easy to spam with online for people who don't know what the block button does.
I can't emphasize enough how wrong this assessment of Smoke is. Just because he doesn't have multiple GDLK specials or a low starting launcher doesn't mean he sucks, it just means you have to be better than the people who think they're hot sh!t by tier whoring Raiden and KL

I can't emphasize enough how wrong this assessment of Smoke is. Just because he doesn't have multiple GDLK specials or a low starting launcher doesn't mean he sucks, it just means you have to be better than the people who think they're hot sh!t by tier whoring Raiden and KL
Like I said, I'd love to be proven wrong. Smoke is, in my opinion, the most predictable character and least mixup capable character in the game.

PeeJaeys

Sabi
My dude I'm like super close. How old are you, you should definitely stop by once in a while. BTW guys I added another video. I apologize there were more games, but I was to sleepy. Its on the first post. I might play jade, I'm starting to get a liking for her.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
I'm 24, and I think Local Battles on Friday nights is becoming the new thing, and it's right in Fort Lee which is cool. I'm gonna try and come out each week starting this Friday.

As for Smoke being predictable, maybe I'll record some of my matches tonight bootleg style with my webcam and pick out some good examples of Smoke being unpredictable.

EDIT: just noticed that you've been updating the OP. Some good shit in there. The JC matchup can be rough and was close, so a bit of advice on that. EX Shake is JC's worst nightmare. Even the most hardened cage will get shut down by repeated EX shakes and once they're afraid to throw normals at you, they become much easier.

You ate so many wakeup flipkicks in that JC game. A little too telepunch heavy. Also smokebomb heavy for my tastes, but if it's what you like by all means keep tossing them out there :) Not bad at all, you made that sonya and shang look like complete trash.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
The second one is nifty. Reminds me of the good old OTG bomb days...................

Will the final bomb in the second combo connect outside of the corner?

PeeJaeys

Sabi
Yes. It will connect using this one [FK-DFP-BP, NJP, FK-BP, ONESTEP-BK-SMOKEBOMB, FK-DFP-BP, BP-FP-SMOKEBOMB] Should be about 41-2% without JIP. I don't usually do it, because the dropping of the combo is more likely. So I use the first one since it's EXTREMELY SIMPLE.

BTW I think I'm going to Local Battles. My girl wants to come hopefully I don't have to pay extra for her to watch. =[

Maybe it's just me, but I find it harder to juggle with two consecutive 3d12 than I do the njp. I can never quite tell at what point of my opponent's descent to hit them for a second one. And when I do, they're usually too low to the ground for me to punctuate the combo, since the window is kind of tight.

No matter, as long as I get the damage output, I couldn't care less how I do it.

PeeJaeys

Sabi
Lol. I'm quiet the oposite. The NJP seems almost impossible for me, online that is. But to time it right just wait until the oponnent is as close to smokes head as possible. That's what I do. The thing is online, I tend not to go for big damage, because the lag makes it difficult to time the falls. It's like they either fall to fast, or too slow. Annoying as shit.

Edit- I've been getting increasingly better. I feel, met this one dude on PSN that had a beast, and I mean beast smoke. He hooked me up with a lot of secrets. =] I might post another one of my losing games, so you guys could tell me what I should have done better. It helps a lot.