What's new

Run Macro vs Stance Switch

Should NRS Implement A Run Macro?

• Total voters

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
Once again the stance switch macro has made its return to an NRS game but its use, other than for shortcut use in X-rays, does not seem necessary. Meanwhile run which is very useful in the game requires stamina and you to hit block after a dash command. Would you like to see NRS implement a run macro in a future patch that will allow you to run at the press of a button. All else remains the same ( you still need stamina, run start up , etc). Do you think this will change the game and if so will it be for the better or worse?

Once again the stance switch macro has made its return to an NRS game but its use, other than for shortcut use in X-rays, does not seem necessary. Meanwhile run which is very useful in the game requires stamina and you to hit block after a dash command. Would you like to see NRS implement a run macro in a future patch that will allow you to run at the press of a button. All else remains the same ( you still need stamina, run start up , etc). Do you think this will change the game and if so will it be for the better or worse?
so for the guys that taught themselves how to use the normal intended run function what do you say to them? You wanna make it easier ?

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
so for the guys that taught themselves how to use the normal intended run function what do you say to them? You wanna make it easier ?
I can do it either way, but I don't think its execution threshold is really necessary.

We most likely have different philosophies about fighting games. I don't think execution should be a hinderance that prevents you as the player from doing something you want/need to do. This is the reason why throw macros were implemented in fighting games in the first place. It allowed pad players to do what they wanted to without having to perform a difficult button input.

If you want to keep using the old way, you are more than welcome to keep doing so. But remember run use to be just a button press (MK3, UMK3) and was just recently changed to f,f block.

E

Eldriken

Y'know, instead of making a dedicated run button, we ought to have the option of using run the way it is now or having it as a dedicated button. Everyone wins that way.

Can you expound on this? I am genuinely interested in hearing your thoughts on this.
Well, you have the forward dash and to run you press block after it. The way I see it they made it like this so 1) you can't block immediately, 2) not being that simple to cancel special moves (and be at the advantage after a blocked string).

The above are the reasons I believe they chose not to have a running button, and made it so run comes after a dash. If they add a run button now it will basically be a shortcut to FF BLOCK (unless they change a lot of the game programming). So imagine now how easy for everyone would be to do cancelling pressure with costing the less possible stamina meter.

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
Well, you have the forward dash and to run you press block after it. The way I see it they made it like this so 1) you can't block immediately, 2) not being that simple to cancel special moves (and be at the advantage after a blocked string).

The above are the reasons I believe they chose not to have a running button, and made it so run comes after a dash. If they add a run button now it will basically be a shortcut to FF BLOCK (unless they change a lot of the game programming). So imagine now how easy for everyone would be to do cancelling pressure with costing the less possible stamina meter.
But if they keep the run startup the same as it is now, it will incorporate the dash window in which you can t block immediately.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine

Nah, it doesn't work that way. First you design what's possible in your game (including how fast you want cancels to be and how soon you can do stuff during a run), then you make convenient interface for people to make what they want to happen. Unless you're NRS dude, apparently. Then you waste buttons on stuff because one of your staff have OCD about it.

I strongly believe that any sort of PvP game should be maximally about fighting opponent and minimally about fighting what devs included into the game - like interface decisions. If something is hard, then it should be hard because you opponent makes it so, not game designer.

- IMHO.