What's new

Question - A-List Run cancel help....

B-RanMustDie

I > U #RealityCheck
I don't know about you guys, but I'm having a very difficult time getting consistent results run cancelling. I'm sure it's an input error on my part of perhaps just not knowing the proper way to do so. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

rafaw

#YouSuck
I was fucking it up too, just focus on hold the charge move until you start to run, like f3[4]rc, do f3 hold 4 press ff+block and just then realease 4, start holding 4 the whole time and you will get used to it, i was training like that: f3[4] holding 4, ff+block, 113 and just then realeasing 4, in time you will just know the exacly timing to realease the 4 earlier.

i can tell you right now it is pretty difficult to do. At best successfully you can do it twice because you run low on stamina. The inputs must be done pretty fast. its similar to kabals nomad dash cancel. And that too required pretty high level of execution to do it successfully

B-RanMustDie

I > U #RealityCheck
I was fucking it up too, just focus on hold the charge move until you start to run, like f3[4]rc, do f3 hold 4 press ff+block and just then realease 4, start holding 4 the whole time and you will get used to it, i was training like that: f3[4] holding 4, ff+block, 113 and just then realeasing 4, in time you will just know the exacly timing to realease the 4 earlier.
This helped immensely bro. I got it down pat now thank you!

B-RanMustDie

I > U #RealityCheck
I wasn't holding in the the button correctly, like in 3(4) rc I was basically briefly holding that 4 and therefore only getting it to work like 20% of the time. I'm hitting it 100% now so thanks!

I am still screwing or not understading the run cancel :( In case of the example above, f3(4) (is that the Entertainer combo, isnt it?) , i do it f3(c) or f3+bd3, why do i need to rc or hold (4) and rc? What does it change this? Sorry for asking again, just dont get it right. Some people say that the f3 is safer by rc, but i find it safer even when not doing it, am i doing something wrong?

rafaw

#YouSuck
I am still screwing or not understading the run cancel :( In case of the example above, f3(4) (is that the Entertainer combo, isnt it?) , i do it f3(c) or f3+bd3, why do i need to rc or hold (4) and rc? What does it change this? Sorry for asking again, just dont get it right. Some people say that the f3 is safer by rc, but i find it safer even when not doing it, am i doing something wrong?
F3 alone cant be canceled into run, you need to cancel it either in a special that can be charged(not np) or f3[4](the 4 is chargable, thats why we can rc it)!
The F3 rc is not safer, its 100% safe if done right.

mrKrucifix

Just call me Kruce
As someone who has recently become really interested in learning Cage, what other moves are charge-able/run cancel-able that are safe or can continue a combo? Besides F3[4].