What's new

Rumor: Injustice will not be getting an Xbox release in Japan

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
According to website Siliconera.com the Japanese will have to make due with their Playstation and Wii U copies of Injustice. They are reporting that Japan will not be getting Injustice: Gods Among Us on the Xbox. The reason for this is a bit unclear but Injustice isn't the only game with these circumstances.

In addition, Japan is looking to have a delayed release of June 9th. More information can be found here.

injustice1.jpg
Credit: EventHubs

Attachments

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
The Xbox really gets no play in Japan anyway. It seems like a cost saving measure on WBs part more than anything else to me.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Interesting. I didn't even know this was being released in Japan to begin with given they haven't had any MK games released there either since what, Trilogy? I'd imagine that anyone in Japan that's interested from a competitive standpoint only would've imported a 360 copy anyway.

But LBSH it wouldn't have made a difference, Microsoft's assumptions about the Japanese industry are really obnoxious. The "Xbox 1 was too big for them thats why it failed" theory still makes me lol.

*Microsoft proceeds to make the 360 just as big and musters even less market share than last gen in Japan, releases the 360 slim, nothing changes*

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Pretty sure xbox is the FG standard in japan (whenever they're not in arcades).
I think you're right. I remember reading an interview on which consoles the Japanese FG players prefer and they said the 360 mainly because it was cheaper. They all use arcade sticks over their so the console really doesn't matter as much.

If that actually really happens ... do you think that Sony could be the reason for that?

Let's take a different example: Street Fighter X Tekken:

- The PS3 version of SFxT has additional characters and they're even on the X-Box disc.
- The Ps3 version of the game has an entire mode more (the couch co op), where Cashcom said that Microsoft made it so that you couldn't play with a buddy online, yet MK9 gave you exactly that mode on the X-Box 360.

So what if Sony is the reason for that now with Injustice? :-|
IS IT THEIR REVENGE, BECAUSE MICROSOFT HACKED SONY SOME TIME AGO, LOL?!

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Japanese Box Art?

Miles better then the western box art.

Character placement is kinda weird, but they're using the cool promo images from the early marketing, which is a million times better then the crappy deviant art MK9 vs photo stuff we got for our box art.