What's new

Video/Tutorial Roundhouse Cancel 49% Combo (1 BAR, NO UPPERCUT, NO BUFF)

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
I know this is a stupid question, but I haven't been able to play much with Rain, yet. The enhanced move in this combo is the super roundhouse, correct? That allows the combo to continue? What's the notation for this?
Didn't see anyone answer your question. You are correct, he canceled 4, 3 into ex round house then dashed forward quickly for the link.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Why will no one answer this question???

Does the enhanced RH have a special property that makes it able to be cancelled earlier in the animation?
Yes.

that didnt answer my question tho. why cant you do this with a reg roundhouse cancel?
If you could do this combo without meter then you could perform infinite's
and it would cost you no meter.

I think its actually njp 43 rh xx 12f4 dash 11 rh 43 lightening 43 ex-squirtle?
The combo is JIP, 43, EH Roundhouse Cancel, 12f4, 11 Roundhouse, 43 lightning, 43 Waterpush

It is just the regular special and not the EH Water push. And you have to use the EH Roundhouse, the regular roundhouse won't cancel in time.

UsedForGlue

Didn't see anyone answer your question. You are correct, he canceled 4, 3 into ex round house then dashed forward quickly for the link.
You can land serious damage with one bar of meter by doing this cancel in a combo, that is the purpose for cancelling the EH Roundhouse.

If you get smart and decide to use his EH on a wake up attacking opponent, take the hit, because you have armour/shielding then cancel and perform an open free combo.

UsedForGlue

I spent some time doing a double 43 EX RH cancel version of this combo today, and it only brings the damage to 55%, and thats with two bars and double the difficultly, so it really is not worth trying anything more damaging, it is already high enough for the amount of meter.