What's new

Roster Screen

If it takes place between MKII and MK3 that is awesssome.

If they come out with reptile, his concept design will fuckin rule. I know it.

Anyway, that scratches out all the MKfag characters they've designed.

I'm actually somewhat excited to play this after hearing when it takes place and the so far roster.

No Ermac then :[

Kano, Raiden, and Reptile will be the last 3.

I've decided that I will buy this game on one condition only. If they don't put in lizard head Reptile, then we'll know they are at least trying with this one. They've made SOME kind of effort and listened to the fans.

If Reptile isn't even in there then fuck this game.

5 remaining characters, 3 spots left.

Kano, Raiden, Reptile, Mileena, and Baraka are left.

Don't forget kabal, it's true that they might add him to counter the flash, but who knows...they might NOT counter him. they might just add reptile with his dash =] fuck kabals spin anyway

Tim Static

Adminerator
Yeah.

I dont really think Reptile will be a PLAYABLE character in this game. I hope so, but I seriously doubt it. :(

And I am about 95% sure Kabal will be in the game.

Yeah.

I dont really think Reptile will be a PLAYABLE character in this game. I hope so, but I seriously doubt it. :(

And I am about 95% sure Kabal will be in the game.

EVERY character announced so far has been from MK I or II. Why out of the blue would they throw Kabal in there? Reptile has been in since MKI, and was an "official" character in Mk II. Mileena isn't too popular, but Baraka is. Raiden is well, Raiden.

Reptile, Baraka, and Raiden for the last 3 spots. Quote me.

dubson

Noob
Kano will be in there dude.

I'm almost positive.

We all are sure Raiden will be.

Last spot, maybe Reptile.

I see Kabal being possible but who knows...

Last article I read said, "the MK side is going to be an "All Stars" roster", and thats was stated by Ed Boon.

7h30n

Noob
Timeline is between MK 2 and 3 so I doubt there will be J. Cage.

I guess last 3 spots would be Raiden, Reptile and Kano/Baraka i think Kano is more possible

Are we all forgetting that there has to be a boss character? That would mean someone like Shao Kahn takes up one of the spaces... Unless they're copying UMK3 and making him unplayable?

Are we all forgetting that there has to be a boss character? That would mean someone like Shao Kahn takes up one of the spaces... Unless they're copying UMK3 and making him unplayable?
they have already said it will be a new boss a fusion of 1 from each side

I know that, but he died in MK2 right ?
its about Icons not if they died or not and besides that this isn't cannon so if they wanted they can put whoever they want as long as they fall in the iconic category

dubson

Noob
hahaha, when I play against a Cage player, I almost feel like I can't be hurt by them because the character just looks so god damned corny.

"I have an idea! Let's make a super-white guy!" -Boon
Ed Boon said he modeled Johnny Cage after this caucasian playboy of destruction!

Seriously, he said he modeled Johnny Cage after Jean-Claude in the movie Blood Sport, specifically.

dubson

Noob
lmao

Use a MK1 sprite....

The MKII version is modeled after a hybrid between Ace Ventura and Chachi.

+

=

Tim Static

Adminerator
The reason why is because they tried to get the "Muscles from Brussels" to be in a fighting game with photorealistic people as the fighters ( a new technology Midway developed in the early 90s), but Van Damme refused. So they made a character to "mock" Jean Claude, and Johnny Cage was born.

And ftr....Kang was heavily influenced by..............god aka The aka:

Neither did I (nor Liu Kang ...)
Kang was fun to play with until they killed him off in MK:DA (which was a great twist in the story of MK, and the re-incarnation of him as a zombie was probably the worst).

Even MK4 Liu Kang was a blast! lol

dubson

Noob
From Wikipedia:

In the first game, Cage was modeled after the Belgian actor Jean-Claude Van Damme (Ed Boon and John Tobias initially wanted to make a fighting game featuring the action star, but Van Damme had commitments to another company for a game which was never made). His character is loosely based around Van Damme's portrayal of Dux Ryu Ninjutsu founder Frank Dux in the 1988 movie Bloodsport. This is apparent in more than one way as Cage's trunks in the first MK are nearly identical to the ones worn by Van Damme in the last fight of the movie. Also, his split punch is taken from an actual scene in the movie.

Liu Kang was originally going to be called Minamoto Yo Shin Soo. He was a Japanese mythological character, but John Tobias stated that they could not deal with the name. One of his fighting styles is Jun Fan (which is Bruce Lee's real birth name), and was also the original name of the style now known as Jeet Kune Do. Liu Kang is based on Bruce Lee, they both share the same style of fighting and high pitched screams when executing certain moves.

Neither Ed Boon or Midway have ever confirmed that Liu Kang was based on Bruce Lee, like they did with Cage and Van Damme. But it is clearly evident.

Probably not. I wouldn't count on a Boss character being there at all playable.