What's new

Roll Ball hits high!?!?!?

Nameer

Noob
Roll Ball one of the best skills that Mileena have
it pass through under high projectile as it low move but why the hell it hits high???
my opponent can block it while standing???
so enhanced Roll Ball making the move hits mid and the normal Roll ball hits high,what's the different my opponent has not trouble with it,he don't need to duck,he still can block them both while standing

I hope the developers can fix this move because Mileena really got no Effective low moves or low projectile

yeah...anybody have some really effective low attacks? i'm finding that if my opponent want's to just block high there isn't much i can do. You can just poke and poke with d+4s until they die? My meaning is that if they are unsure of your mix-up, then their safest best is to just block standing...what's the worst they could eat?

only time i get good mix is when my opponent THINKS the ball is a low hit...then i tell them they can block standing and that's the end of that. I'm still new so there could be something i'm missing?

yeah...anybody have some really effective low attacks? i'm finding that if my opponent want's to just block high there isn't much i can do. You can just poke and poke with d+4s until they die? My meaning is that if they are unsure of your mix-up, then their safest best is to just block standing...what's the worst they could eat?

only time i get good mix is when my opponent THINKS the ball is a low hit...then i tell them they can block standing and that's the end of that. I'm still new so there could be something i'm missing?
Throws are good turtle punishment too.

Mil's roll is really better placed and played reactively than flat-out offensively (throwing out balls to be blocked, etc.), barring mid-long rng. sai zoning.

Ball to punish jumps, arching projectiles and mal-placed strings=combo, not to be blocked.

N0rdicNinja

Digital Pro Sports
Even with out hitting low the ball roll is extremely powerful, I don't think it really needs a change. The wind up animation is very minute and it can be used as an extremely potent punisher, plus it closes the distance quite fast. B+3 straight into a roll is an easy way around someone who constantly blocks high.

Nameer

Noob
Even with out hitting low the ball roll is extremely powerful, I don't think it really needs a change. The wind up animation is very minute and it can be used as an extremely potent punisher, plus it closes the distance quite fast. B+3 straight into a roll is an easy way around someone who constantly blocks high.
b+3~roll ball
it's very risky and slow, u can get punished by full kombo

N0rdicNinja

Digital Pro Sports
If they're consistently blocking low I wouldn't do it, if you bait them into blocking high or read that they will likely block high you pull it out. Not something to do continuously I'd say, but if the low kick connects the rest is guaranteed.

Otherwise just save the roll to punish them for their mistakes, or get them to block low and then ex-roll.

Somberness

Lights
If the roll hit low, I would think it would not only make her the most dominating character, but broken even. It would almost be as bad as making Smoke's smoke cloud hit low... You would constantly have to crouch block at most parts of the screen just to avoid getting launched for near full combos. I think a high hit 7/8ths of the screen combo starter is good enough...

As for a low combo starter that is already really good in itself, use Sneaky Kick and cancel it into a roll like others have said.
:l+3~roll,boot down,boot down,uppercut 28%
:l+3~roll,boot down,boot down,4~roll 28%
:l+3~roll,boot down,boot down~:x 37%

All easy to do.

Unless you are facing a jedi, using the :en roll in place of the regular one against a crouch blocking opponent will get a launch too. There's always :u+4 for crouch block but it's a good way to start a combo even if your low hit is blocked. You can also mix in Killer Sticks occasionally to have your opponent keep low block up for both hits.
:l+3~:enroll,boot down,boot down,roll,boot down 30+% depending on what you end it with, couldn't manage an uppercut but it may be that I am too slow.

The other low to mention is her sweep which is the best in the game along with Jade, Kabal, & Nightwolf's. You can manage first hits easy with it too since it is one of the few that will connect without even moving as the round starts, same with :d+4. Plus, she can even duck Shao Kahn's hammer throw, what more do you want? :)
Hope this helps.

B+3, EXRoll, U+4, B+1,4, 4, Roll, B+1,4, Bite is a solid combo (I think it's B+1,4 it's too early for me to think.)

Kryplixx

Noob
Like XXZ said.. she would be broken if it hit low....

Subs Slide hits low because he can't combo off it for an easy 30%. EX Slide into Clone is a whole nother story.

wicked tips guys, sorry to Nameer for hijacking your thread

i kept trying d+4 into roll and it didn't seem to work...i'll give b+3 into roll. I really learned my u+4 combos and it seems i never get a chance cause they'll just block high when they notice i can't do any real damage low, hopefully this will turn the tide.

XXZ pardon my ignorance but what move is boot down? is it simply 4 or d+4?

Ball Roll is good on wakeup, but of course, VERY unsafe on block.

I usually dont go for B+3, Ball roll unless the opponent is just standing there blocking.

I usually go for these mixups into ball roll:

2,3, Ball roll

OR 1,1, Ball roll ( can start off with a jp)

Those are just the safest ones that I do. And its kind of ridiculous that a move like that hits HIGH when it clearly rolls low lmfao.

redeyes

Button Masher
Everyone knows Smokes EX shake will activate? on high,med (attacks) and throws, and we all know Mileena's ball hits High. So how come Mileena can roll through smokes Ex shake, Lui kang's parry or CSZ's parry and continue to combo? Mileenas ball should hit low since really her only low options really are down 4 <3
and b3 and anyone can see a back3 coming on start up. yes it would become annoying cause you would need to block low at long range. but it would just add more to her 50/50 game since imo shes kinda of lacking in that department....

end of rant :D

TrickyNick

Weather Man
Everyone knows Smokes EX shake will activate? on high,med (attacks) and throws, and we all know Mileena's ball hits High. So how come Mileena can roll through smokes Ex shake, Lui kang's parry or CSZ's parry and continue to combo? Mileenas ball should hit low since really her only low options really are down 4 <3
and b3 and anyone can see a back3 coming on start up. yes it would become annoying cause you would need to block low at long range. but it would just add more to her 50/50 game since imo shes kinda of lacking in that department....

end of rant :D
Smoke needs a buff so he can EX shake her ball roll:bigsmile:

TrickyNick

Weather Man
what about CSZ and liu? :O and smoke is already a pain in the butt for Mil GOD DAMN SHAKE SHUTS DOWN MY ZONING!

(if you cant tell i was yelling that's why i caps )
D+4 man what a cheap trick. Only low she needs in this game lol Mileena=OP somebody give her a hat

what about CSZ and liu? :O and smoke is already a pain in the butt for Mil GOD DAMN SHAKE SHUTS DOWN MY ZONING!

(if you cant tell i was yelling that's why i caps )
You can't just outright buff a character just because he or she has one bad matchup (unless it was as lopsided as Cage/Sub was before armor on red kick)

And roll ball hitting low would be extremely overpowered. She is already one of the best punishers in the game (minus Smoke imo). Great teleport, iA sais, her u4 is an awesome launcher that avoids pokes and is safe on block. She's already incredibly well rounded and an awesome character.

redeyes

Button Masher
You can't just outright buff a character just because he or she has one bad matchup (unless it was as lopsided as Cage/Sub was before armor on red kick)

And roll ball hitting low would be extremely overpowered. She is already one of the best punishers in the game (minus Smoke imo). Great teleport, iA sais, her u4 is an awesome launcher that avoids pokes and is safe on block. She's already incredibly well rounded and an awesome character.
not really. rush her down and shes done for her normals are super slow! and she pretty much stuck. u4 is unsafe vs a few people. kung lao can spin it and you can poke out of it.