What's new

General/Other Role Call: Power Up 2012

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
I was just curious to see which one of us Sub-Zero peeps will be competing at Power Up, next weekend.

*raises hand*

NB Semi Evil Ryu

I'm actually starting to change my mind about going.

It's a two hour drive there and another two hours back home. I'd be driving by myself, the entire time. It'll be $40 for something that I will, most likely, be only spending one day at. I don't expect to go very far in the tournament at all. And I've already got a second tournament, next week, that's only 30 minutes away from me.

I swear that I'm just a giant introvert.....lol

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios

It's a two hour drive there and another two hours back home. I'd be driving by myself, the entire time. It'll be $40 for something that I will, most likely, be only spending one day at. I don't expect to go very far in the tournament at all. And I've already got a second tournament, next week, that's only 30 minutes away from me.

Man it's a 5 hour ride for me!

Creepy00

Noob
You gotta look it like this, If I will be traveling over to play a major: will i have fun? Is worth it? Will it be a good turn out for my spending? If you said, no to any of these, then you better set going to the 30 mins tourney away from you. Specially with the gas prices this days.

In the other hand, Flawless victory looks to be pack with around 10 subzeros in the tournament. Including me, Lionheart, Seapeople and more. Support us guys.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

You know what? Screw it. I'm going. I need to see how much I've improved since Dizzy and Soonk blew me up, a couple of months ago. I NEEDS IT!

Honestly, I think that I'm just having a case of the Mondays. Don't know what came over me....hehe.

Also, I want to see a Sub-Zero in Grand Finals at Flawless Victory. Make it so, Creepy00 !

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter

2 hrs is a walk in the park compared to some! C'mon now! :)

Seapeople

This one's for you
Sub Zero vs Sub Zero in Grand finals...? :)
This is a 6 1/2 hour drive for me and that's about the closest tournament I've found. Totally worth it though.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta

dude... i'm 4 hours out.
I'm coming for the experience... because there is no way i'm not going to have fun playing these guys. NO WAY.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

After everyone's feedback, I've come to the conclusion that I'm just a lazy bum that needs a good kick in the arse from time to time. :)

See you all this weekend!

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
6 1/2 is the time it takes for him to come Flawless victory that is what he meant.
Flawless Victory is in VA right?

But I thought he was talking about PowerUp? (That is what the thread is about)
Just wondered if he would go to an ATL tournament since he's in TN.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

Dude..........
I live in atlanta

2 hour commute daily is a breeze and a blessing

Go to the frickin tourney

They wont happen in your back yard

Creepy00

Noob
Flawless Victory is in VA right?

But I thought he was talking about PowerUp? (That is what the thread is about)
Just wondered if he would go to an ATL tournament since he's in TN.
Yes it is in Nothern Virginia.

It was but On Evilryu's Second post he was asking if he should attend Power up since it is a 2 hrs drive plus expenses for Power up. So, everyone after that including me were giving insights about if it is worth it or not.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

I honestly don't know why I was thinking about not going. I've been looking forward to it for the past month or so. Whatever it was, it's out of my system now.

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
I'm very far away from all of you guys since I'm not even in US, but IF I was there, I would DEFINITELY go to all tournaments that I could. For the experience, to self-improve my game, to meet new people (and we all know MK community has the most funny people around, don't we?). 2 hours ain't so long, Semi. :) Just make sure to make a pit stop into a gas station and check everything on your car before you hit the road, k?

And best of luck for you and all Sub-Zero fellows that I'll be attending to this tournament.