What's new

Robocop 121 pressure and frame traps.

FGC _ Wondered

Been here since MK9
Wanted to post this here after looking into Robocops 121 string and how good it is. I wildly say it’s tech since I’m sure some already know of it, but wanted to add here for anyone who doesn’t and for new players .

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
If you hit with 121, why would you ever not cancel into Flamethrower, Low Shot, or Cobra/Wrist Cannon? It's such an easy confirm. 121 is only 7.5% damage, so trying on-hit stagger nonsense will almost never be worth it over cashing out.

Canceling into grenade will only hit an opponent completely unfamiliar with the mu, since it doesn't actually connect from 121. I believe a savvy opponent can flawless block the bomb, though I'd have to test. Either way, there's not much RoboCop can do with +1 from that range. I believe there's also a gap where the opponent can poke, which removes the bomb from play. I'd need to double check, though.

So, you're not wrong that 121 is strong and the hit advantage allows for some seemingly solid options, but I don't believe any of those follow-ups are worth the risk when he can just as easily cancel into guaranteed damage and still get most of those same setups.

Last edited:

FGC _ Wondered

Been here since MK9
If you hit with 121, why would you ever not cancel into Flamethrower, Low Shot, or Cobra/Wrist Cannon? It's such an easy confirm. 121 is only 7.5% damage, so trying on-hit stagger nonsense will almost never be worth it over cashing out.

Canceling into grenade will only hit an opponent completely unfamiliar with the mu, since it doesn't actually connect from 121. I believe a savvy opponent can flawless block the bomb, though I'd have to test. Either way, there's not much RoboCop can do with +1 from that range. I believe there's also a gap where the opponent can poke, which removes the bomb from play. I'd need to double check, though.

So, you're not wrong that 121 is strong and the hit advantage allows for some seemingly solid options, but I don't believe any of those follow-ups are worth the risk when he can just as easily cancel into guaranteed damage and still get most of those same setups.
No your very correct , I just wanted to show it as an option if anyone ever thought to use it. I even posted in video f212 is better lol. Plus the missle was just an option , the +24 was the main point .

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
I've used this in variations where I don't have the flamethrower. You can jail into s4 which jails into Cobra Cannon so you get to either take the +11 from the s4, or send them full screen which is great as a neutral reset vs characters that you don't want near you cough Jacqui. cough

FGC _ Wondered

Been here since MK9
I've used this in variations where I don't have the flamethrower. You can jail into s4 which jails into Cobra Cannon so you get to either take the +11 from the s4, or send them full screen which is great as a neutral reset vs characters that you don't want near you cough Jacqui. cough
Oh wow man that’s dope, I’m gonna have to look into that. I posted this to help others but the things other members add here in addition definitely helps me too.