What's new

Robin Williams. Dead at 63

haketh

Noob
National suicide prevention hotline number is 1-800-273-8255. if you cannot help someone, which may happen, at least give them that and let people know most college offer free therapy for depression with students under the supervision of professionals.

As a person going through strong depression who loved Williams this is crushing.

Celebrity deaths usually don't affect me that much....but this one was pretty heartbreaking to hear. I think I'm going to live in denial and make believe this is all some elaborate setup for a stupid hoax and he's totally fine.....at least for a little while. :(

Reactions: eks
omg no... This makes me so sad. :( This guy has been a part of my childhood and made some of my favorite characters and movies.

He was also super awesome whenever he was invited to talk shows. Always hilarious and made everyone smile. What a tragic loss..

CallMeTetris

draxx them sklounst
Bummer. Can't say I've ever been a huge fan of him personally (though it's certainly not like I disliked him or anything), but it always hits especially hard to see someone give in to depression.

Was thinking maybe I'd finally get around to watching World's Greatest Dad to honor him.....but I guess that might not be the most appropriate choice.

The Bicential Man :(.

So surreal because I just saw Guardians of The Galexy and Night At the Museum trailer came on.

Depression sucks, it's usually experienced from lack of compassion or love or just things that money can't buy from my experiences.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Ah fuck man! And it was a suicide!?! This is terrible. Robin Williams was such an amazing person. This is a fucking tragedy. I just learned about it from this thread so you'll forgive my mind being blown. His role in Good Will Hunting is one of the things that inspired me to become a counselor. Just...wow.

Honestly I had a really bad feeling when I heard he was trying to sell his 30 million $ home because he couldn't afford to keep it anymore.. I remember having a discussion with my brother about it. I was like "damn things must be rough for him... I hope he still gets called and things get better for him."

WannaGetNutsLetsGetNuts

It. Is. Glorious!
That's a shame, for a lifelong career of making people laugh, he falls to depression.

I can't help but think of that Watchmen quote by Rorshach.

I was proud I shared Robin William's same birthday (not year of course), terrible he went out like the other famous July 21er Ernest Hemingway.

Wigy

There it is...
Yeah, for those who didn't know. Robin was a huge gamer, his daughter is called zelda

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Good Morning Vietnam...a lot of his radio deejay shtick was improvised in that movie, the only R.W. movie that matters. r.i.p.
So much of when he did ANYTHING was improv. He'd stick to script but directors would just let Robin be Robin. Good Morning Vietnam is a classic though for sure.

Yoaks

A spaceman
Even tho he's dead. He's still "Immortal" in my heart and mind!! Watching his movies like Jumanji, Aladdin, Good Will Hunting and countless others. And Ill be watching his movies in the future no doubt! I will always love and remember Robin Williams!

IROC

WP IROC
Its hard to imagin him gone. And im one who honestly do not like actors regardless of skill or taste or even mostly portrayed, but i liked him alot. Huge part of my 90s childhood. And mrs doubtfire is my fav by far. Use to watch that after watching an 80s freddy or jason film so i could sleep well :p