What's new

Road to Evo 2012|UFGT8: Mortal Kombat Tonight Will Be Recorded (Not Enough Time for Stream)

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
Low entrants = low stream priority. I'm still not sure why some people aren't able to comprehend this.

GO SLIPS!

According to 16bit's twitter, top 8 is:

Winners
Pig of the Hut
Slips
Kevo Da Man
Clint the Beast

Losers
16bit
Dizzy
Soonk
iKizzle

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
kof got more entrants than mk? man, doesn't look good for mk.
T6 got 33, and that is a dead game. I think I just heard UltraDavid say Super Turbo had 48?

If Justin Wong and Floe start playing more, it may actually help bring more people into the scene. This game is so damn good... I wish I knew what to do to help draw more players into the tournament scene for it.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
T6 got 33, and that is a dead game. I think I just heard UltraDavid say Super Turbo had 48?

If Justin Wong and Floe start playing more, it may actually help bring more people into the scene. This game is so damn good... I wish I knew what to do to help draw more players into the tournament scene for it.
I'm more surprised how fast SC5 is dying, that game had a lot of hype from the entire FG community before its release, and it was pulling capcom numbers for its first few tournies. I haven't kept up with it, why the reason for sudden huge drop?

From Ultradavid:
#UFGT8 numbers (Entrant Numbers):
#UMvC3 192
#AE2012 190
Mystery Tournament 128
#SFxT 122
#Skullgirls 93
#KOF13 89
#VF5FS 64
#MK9 58
#SCV 52
ST 40
3S 38
T6 33
VS 24
EX3 8

So MK9 beat only one other EVO game, and was barely above side-game status. Hence the stream time. And yet we're still getting the full top 8 streamed.

Rathalos said:
I'm more surprised how fast SC5 is dying, that game had a lot of hype from the entire FG community before its release, and it was pulling capcom numbers for its first few tournies. I haven't kept up with it, why the reason for sudden huge drop?
Digimon can better talk about this than I, but the SCV community is really REALLY insular. To the point of being outright hostile to other communities (sound familiar) and requiring other communities to come to them in order to work together.

Jaxel (of 8wayrun fame) was ranting a week or two ago about how no one knew about Season's Beatings Summer Slam because the organizer hadn't posted a post about the tourney in 8WR's tourney forum and no SCV players ever check SRK. Due to some confusion, a similar thing has happened for UFGT7. Which is ridiculous personally....SCV is an EVO game, and EVO announced that this tourney was an EVO event and was happening weeks ago, but the SCV community seems to not really even care about EVO.

It's downright strange.