What's new

Tech RMS Ambiguous Set up

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
So yet again i just happen to be messing around with the flash, and i found this little gimmick/set up that you can do. i don't know exactly how viable it is but its just like any other gimmick, you can't do it all the time or the opponent will scout it out and try something to avoid it, and who knows maybe some one uses this and find something broken. so basically its a set up where ending in 32 and 2 in 1 'ing RMS run to cancel into a neutral jump in the corner will allow you to actually NJ and land in two spots simultaneous if the opponent block towards the corner. by doing this you can actually do a jump in and hit on one side, but land on the other and your opponent would then have to block the other way while you you can do stuff like f21 or d1d2, throw, etc if they block the right way which is towards midscreen, you have a 50/50 that can't be avoided, they can't poke out or armor out, maybe backdash, i haven't tried that yet.
pay attention to how i hit on one side and my hit option selects depending on what my opponent does, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DO A LC option select for this to work, Theoretically you can option select any special, and if they block the other way your f21 will come out, if they don't you can get LK or a standing 1/2 or whatever. please flash players get into the lab with this and see if you can find a 100% viable option select for this, i will as well, the more minds we have on it the more we can get out if this tech.

NOTE: you can end your combos into this and it will work.
Hellion_96
LEGEND
Awesomo
FCP/EMP SCAR
SaJa
Xenrail
AYSAMO
AK Harold
AK Pig Of The Hut
xFriction_Burnx

Zyphox

nice setup find
this is what i like to see, no one respond to my tech post, then when i do that shit in tournament people act surprised, well man i posted it on tym. once i start bodying people in tournament with flash i'll refer them to these post :)

LEGEND

YES!
this is what i like to see, no one respond to my tech post, then when i do that shit in tournament people act surprised, well man i posted it on tym. once i start bodying people in tournament with flash i'll refer them to these post :)
i'm kinda done with the Flash/taking this game seriously atm and your videos are unnecessarily long most of the time, that why i personally haven't been reading these threads lately

Zyphox

i'm kinda done with the Flash/taking this game seriously atm and your videos are unnecessarily long most of the time, that why i personally haven't been reading these threads lately
its a 5:00 video :(

LEGEND

YES!
why you annoyed man? and btw did you use all flash at evo? or mix of sinestro flash?
EVO was a funny story for me MU wise. Only Doomsday, Batgirl and the Flash Mirror were MUs i wasn't comfortable in, yet i had two play both the mirror and doomsday MU twice. . . Losing to AK Harold and Perfect Legend outside of pools

Main annoyance with Flash is D1D2-LK turning into D1-RMS, witch consequently cost me the game vs AK Harold (though it was extremely close, i missed 3-4 punishes toward the end that would have sealed the win) and also had issues with it vs PL and others, though i probably would have lost to PL anyway

atm i'm playing GA until this game is done getting patched every couple weeks and all the characters are released

AYSAMO

Noob
The reason people don't really like watching your videos, is because it feels like a live discussion. You could have the greatest tech ever but you spend most of your time rambling honestly.

You should definitely script out what you're going to say, so that the tech is properly presented with:
-a clear and short explanation of how to set up the tech.
-explanation for how to escape/defend against this tech.
-how to implement the tech into your gameplan if it has really good synergy with other setups.
-Emphasis on being short and to the point.

Really the biggest thing that you need to focus on is presentation. I don't mind a long video if it's very well organized.

As for the setup in this vid, I like this. in AZ a lot of us have come up with corner setups using those weird wallbounce strings with characters like BA, Raven, NW, etc. that allow you to end a combo with the string, neutral jump, and you can either crossup or fake crossup depending on your timing. This might not even be bad midscreen, could be a good way to setup his SP vortex.

LEGEND I think d1+RMS coming out is the only thing I fucking hate about this game after all these patches. I'm actually picking up GA too, since I feel like he does waaay better vs aquaman and GL then flash.

LEGEND

YES!
LEGEND I think d1+RMS coming out is the only thing I fucking hate about this game after all these patches. I'm actually picking up GA too, since I feel like he does waaay better vs aquaman and GL then flash.
i actually think the Flash beats aquaman and goes 5-5 with GL

there is actaully a timing where Flash's F2 beats out GL's lift, virtually nullifying his entire wake-up game. And aquaman can't really ever touch Flash without getting punished, or risk getting punished. Aquaman's trait isn't THAT big a deal if you change all your punishes to MB LC or stick with LK and use your meter for other things
-
I'm really just playing GA because i love playing as him

AYSAMO

Noob
i actually think the Flash beats aquaman and goes 5-5 with GL

there is actaully a timing where Flash's F2 beats out GL's lift, virtually nullifying his entire wake-up game. And aquaman can't really ever touch Flash without getting punished, or risk getting punished. Aquaman's trait isn't THAT big a deal if you change all your punishes to MB LC or stick with LK and use your meter for other things
-
I'm really just playing GA because i love playing as him

Yea this is all true. I didn't know you could stuff lift, but I definitely think GL vs Flash is at least 5-5 after EVO. I just really hate fighting AQ and GL with Flash personally, that's why I want to grind out GA since I feel a lot more comfortable with him regardless of matchups.

Kiko

Face it, you're done.
Yea this is all true. I didn't know you could stuff lift, but I definitely think GL vs Flash is at least 5-5 after EVO. I just really hate fighting AQ and GL with Flash personally, that's why I want to grind out GA since I feel a lot more comfortable with him regardless of matchups.

I agree. I know the GL MU is a bit of a grind because essentially you're both waiting for ONE slip up into easy punishes for both.

Zyphox

The reason people don't really like watching your videos, is because it feels like a live discussion. You could have the greatest tech ever but you spend most of your time rambling honestly.

You should definitely script out what you're going to say, so that the tech is properly presented with:
-a clear and short explanation of how to set up the tech.
-explanation for how to escape/defend against this tech.
-how to implement the tech into your gameplan if it has really good synergy with other setups.
-Emphasis on being short and to the point.

Really the biggest thing that you need to focus on is presentation. I don't mind a long video if it's very well organized.

As for the setup in this vid, I like this. in AZ a lot of us have come up with corner setups using those weird wallbounce strings with characters like BA, Raven, NW, etc. that allow you to end a combo with the string, neutral jump, and you can either crossup or fake crossup depending on your timing. This might not even be bad midscreen, could be a good way to setup his SP vortex.

are you sure that's not just your gripes with the videos? if you can do all the things you listed in a video showing tech then let me know, its not as easy as you make it sound getting on a mic, talking about tech and making it sound good for everyone to hear. but thank you for the constructive criticism, i'll make sure next time i make a tech video it will use all of your suggestions so that everyone would like to watch my tech video.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
are you sure that's not just your gripes with the videos? if you can do all the things you listed in a video showing tech then let me know, its not as easy as you make it sound getting on a mic, talking about tech and making it sound good for everyone to hear. but thank you for the constructive criticism, i'll make sure next time i make a tech video it will use all of your suggestions so that everyone would like to watch my tech video.
Yeah it's a good critic imo. Just try to be shorter and clearer. Sometimes it takes you 8min video to explain something which could take 30sec + music + text/ bref dialogue. Your video will be more entertaining and you'll have more viewers ;)

Kiko

Face it, you're done.
They are on the long side sometimes (I admittedly skip through some parts like you trying to pull off combos) and listen to the interesting stuff only.

But I love it all the same. :D

AYSAMO

Noob

not tryin to upset you lol. You already do all those things I suggested, they were mostly to serve as a reference point for like a script on how to make your vids shorter and more clear while still doing it exactly how you are.

Zyphox

not tryin to upset you lol. You already do all those things I suggested, they were mostly to serve as a reference point for like a script on how to make your vids shorter and more clear while still doing it exactly how you are.
its okay, maybe my videos are too long, i just tried to put as much info as possible in my videos so i don't leave any vital information out like a lot of those shorter videos do imo. but thank you i'll try to make them shorter while covering all the necessary info :)

Cylith

Amazonian Speed Force
I was testing this recently as well and I was doing it off of B22F3-RMS though. It works similarly, so I was using it at the end of his BnB. So instead of hitting 60%+ it was more around 57%. With all wake-up/roll options on random, it stuffed most options. Supers and AA got through almost every time sadly(Superman super 100% of the time), but it is just something for Flash to have in his "pocket".

Cylith

Amazonian Speed Force
Just used this in a few ranked matches and people weren't ready for it at all lol. Even received a message just saying "WTF".

I would add a meaningful comment but hadn't had time to break down the tech and use yet.
Sidenote you can dash mechanicalbats 1and 2

Zyphox

So the best option after this RMS crossup is Ji3, 3, 2 right ?
in the corner to do the hit on both sides j3 wouldn't work :( but if you get a hit then yeah that would be the best, j2 if done right leads to a 50/50 so i would do j2.