What's new

RM Honey Bee (D'Vorah/Venomous/Swarm Queen) Wins Mortal Kombat X @ Toryuken 4 2015!

C9-Keiji

Noob
I asked Reo and others to go on commentary, but people didn't want to even when they weren't playing.
All good man the commentary was fine but when your homies are up there playing especially the honeybee vs reo match in pools during the match can the commentators not sure if this means you? but commentate the match?
Everytime reo did something good yall were like nooooo wow really cmon honeybee then when honeybee did something good you were yes yess! Like cmon man that was the most biased match ive ever watched in my life at that point the match wasnt even being commentated it was just a fan on the mic cheering for his player and booing the other. Terrible when watching from home.

Shady

Noob
Finally got home after a hype hype hype tourney. Huge thank you to everyone who came out and everyone who watched, this was really great. Apology to everyone who thought I was a bit rushed during brackets, just trying to run everything on time.

First off, really big apology to @Doctor Stabs. Really great games and I am sorry for just rushing of like that. I wish I could say I wasn't salty, but I was and really getting back to the bracket was just a quickest way to get past that. I do hope to see you around and run more games against you soon dude.

Okay, in order, big shout-outs to @HoneyBee (I know you need them props homie). That was really hype, I think once PPJ took out Reo I said on stream you were gonna win and you delivered. Hopefully we will have no more Injustice vs. NRS talk and will just have one community we can grow.

Big respect to all the U.S. visitors. You guys are great and I'm really happy you made it out. I hope we can visit you and you can visit us for future tourneys. Fantastic showing from everyone, especially PPJ who was great. Really wish I could play more casuals against you . @GGA Jeremiah @GGA pimpimjim @N1k0lasss @GGA Wafflez @DarthArma (that teams shouting match!!!!), @Riyo @KDZ (I still want that salty runback at ECT!) and of course @R.E.O. but that's a given. Always a pleasure to see you my man.

Also, Canada stood up. We really came through this tourney and I hope put everyone on notice that we are not free and you can't just waltz into the North.

Always love it when MTL comes to visit because it's always a fun time and I really enjoying hanging out with all of you guys. I wish the two cities were closer just so we could all level up, but I'll take our cross province rivalry as an alternative. @Jer (the number one reason I am about to re-lock myself in the lab with Cassie), @zaf (for walking me though match-ups and other shit) @Ecodus (for carrying REO to the grand finals of team tourney) and of course Leo.

Shout outs to everyone in Toronto as well, but specifically @RM_Biohazard for helping run the bracket and the tourney smoothly. SOrry for talking over you on stream sometimes, we will figure that synergy out ESPN style soon. @DomChalant @xGunShow @Death @xSMoKEx (sorry to drop the ball in teams, we will get them next time), @Revolver Dropsalot , @w1nter warz

Also a big and separate thank you for @NeoRussell for putting this tournament on, running it, giving the MK community the space and respect AND STREAM TIME. You really do a lot for Toronto and we respect it a tremendous amount.

#Goldfarbstayfree.

Shady

Noob
All good man the commentary was fine but when your homies are up there playing especially the honeybee vs reo match in pools during the match can the commentators not sure if this means you? but commentate the match?
Everytime reo did something good yall were like nooooo wow really cmon honeybee then when honeybee did something good you were yes yess! Like cmon man that was the most biased match ive ever watched in my life at that point the match wasnt even being commentated it was just a fan on the mic cheering for his player and booing the other. Terrible when watching from home.
Yeah, I get that. It's tough to do that. Huge respect to Biohazard because he actually offered to not be on commentary when his brother was playing in top 8. I wasn't there to watch or listen to REO Vs. Bee because I was running brackets, but that's going to be a learning point on stream chat.

I'm going to be honest, I kind of lost track of who was on stream and people rotated, but didn't have time to sort it out. I assumed someone was putting good people on stream.

Monox1de

Noob
No shots fired I am actually a huge PPJ fan. Glad he got 2nd, wish he took it honestly, was cheering for him to win. Just didnt look like he was doing much in his matches.
Yeah i know i just found it ironic that you called yourself immature basically. You called people immature for blowing others up in this thread, then proceeded to say " I thought PPJ's play wasn't even that good ". Borderline blow up if you ask me ;)

Shady

Noob
So... what exactly is broken about D'Vorah?
Absolutely nothing. I was saying that the whole tourney, I'm only against the fact that her pincers are not part of her hitbox, so it's really really really hard to whiff punish.

cR Biohazard

Team Torr
Results for the MK Team Tournament:

1st place: REO & Ecodus
2nd place: PimPimJim & N1k0lasss
3rd place: DomChalent & Gunshow
4th place: HoneyBee & Biohazard
5th place tie: Zaf & Jer
5th place tie: Winterwarz & Waffles
7th place tie: Darth Arma & Riyo
7th place tie: Roberto & Revolver Dropsalot
9th place tie: KDZ & Justin Wong
9th place tie: xsmokex & Shady
9th place tie: Evil Canadian & Maharg94
9th place tie: Snowboard RX & Moelon
13th place tie: Ludi & Monkey Bizness
13th place tie: DatMangoSentinel & Krackatoa

Thank you to everyone who came out for Toryuken 4 and making it a huge success. Shoutouts especially to GGA, NY/NJ, MTL and everyone else who traveled a long way to get here. Also I just saw HoneyBee vs REO on youtube and I apologize for any of the poor commentary that may have happened this weekend. Having to run brackets and supporting my bro all weekend had me thinking about it as an afterthought so sorry about that guys.

Shady

Noob
Very impressed by this tournament. I HATED shady as a commentator. hes really hard to listen to and bitching about your character in top 8 is extremely unprofessional and a big turn off to viewers. but maybe im being oversensitive who knows.

Great stuff to @HoneyBee I guess he did "Defend the north" ;)
You forgot to tag me bro.

I do it twice (three times) in the beginning and focus on the match after. I get blown up, half the community did it for MK9, it's okay. Fuck it, I'm not gonna be on commentary ever again if everyone hated it that much.

Nobody mentioned the effort people put in to trying to run the tournament and get everything on time though and organized.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I personally had no doubt top Injustice player would do well in MKX. What I want to know, is aside from Jwong and ChrisG (they don't count imo, they play everything and both played MK9), where's all the top Capcom and Anime players at?

Regardless, congrats to @HoneyBee for taking it down. I kinda figured once you beat REO the first time that you'd do really well, didn't catch top 8 but it seems you were consistent which is awesome.
Fourwude made top 4 at Texas Showdown, hes a definite capcom player. It should also be mentioned that there havent really been made that many tournaments yet, Texas Showdown and Toryuken are the only big ones so far.

Speaking locally this is the most interested I have ever seen Capcom/Anime players in MK. A lot of them have their gripes but a lot of them really enjoy competing and personally I think that is a huge positive for the game and the scene.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
Very impressed by this tournament. I HATED shady as a commentator. hes really hard to listen to and bitching about your character in top 8 is extremely unprofessional and a big turn off to viewers. but maybe im being oversensitive who knows.

Shady's commentary was 100 times better than Medina and Delrich at EVO. It wasn't the quality of Brady or 16bit don't get me wrong.

But on the real Good stuff to @HoneyBee and @GGA pimpimjim, good showings man.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters

No you're not wrong. It's one thing to notify the audience that may not be hardcore fans what the current status of the game is. Not go on to bitch about it and name drop devs. I agree it was unprofessional and whiny. But in this community those that agree will say "it's cool that they get that rep on stream." Those same people prob also don't know what it is to be professional.