What's new

RK, EX RK whiffs on Jump ins / Cross overs

mekane

Noob
having some problems with this. I just want to confirm my mistakes and make sure I have the correct fix.

Jump in attempts
When my opponent's jump in attempt is very close to me, it seems that RK is whiffing. Is there a 'dead zone' for this move where it will not hit jump ins if you use it too late? When they are in this range, should I be using a standing 2 instead for a juggle attempt, shoulder charge, uppercut, or am I forced to block, EX RK, EX SC? If I anticpate they might jump should I just use close range Telek. Blade?

Crossovers
I noticed I also have this problem on crossovers, even with EX RK (reversed inputs). I think the problem is I am using EX RK too early, and need to wait until just before they try to hit me. Is this correct?

Anyone else having this problem? Solutions?

mekane

Noob
Another kind of unrelated question I have but haven't found in the guides yet - when can they jump over an SC in close? If we are at 0 frames, I assume the SC will always hit their JIP / cross over on the way up?

Tolkeen

/wrists
Yes rk has a dead zone, sc should hit, but standing 1 or 2 are more damaging options.
Yes on crossovers you're doing it too early, it takes practice. If you're offline or gdlk d1 into combo is more damaging, and exsc also works, and sometimes so does dash toward their jumping point and norm sc. (I still can't get the last one very often, but I think I heard it works.)

Tapatalk, helping me procrastinate.

Ashenar

Just a slightly above average player.....
Also once in a while using close tks kinda works out as well. Every now and then on some jump ins and cross ups once you get the timing d3 works pretty good to shrink your hit box. The good thing about that also is if after they jump in and stay standing on hit a quick d4 is +11 and if they duck and try to poke a counter poke on hit of d3 is +10 so those options can help create some space and are also able to be canceled into specials. If you really want to get tricky you cancel the special into ex sc to get the full screen knock back or the frame trap which puts you at advantage just watch out for any armored moves from the other player.