What's new

Right corner specific setup, bug?

Frosted 57

Reforming Lurker
Hey guys, I've lurked for years and never actually felt the need to post anything. However I am currently extremely confused and couldn't find more info about this scenario. If its known, oh well. So here I go... I've been playing Nightwing since launch, not important really but whatever. Anyway I was fiddling around with an escrima combo/setup in the corner ending in d2~db3. Mainly these...

starter~df2 j3 112 d2~db3 ___ 28% +
j3 112 (112) d2~db3 _______ 29% +
b2 (b2) 112 (112) d2~db3 ____ 25% + (It is possible to add an extra b2 or 112 but not both)

**(Doing combos 2 and 3 with a second b2 or 112 is possible, but the timing is extremely tight because you need to reach a certain height off the d2 for the setup to function properly.)​

What this setup does is cause a backwards jump be stationary and cross-up, while a neutral jump remains in front, and the forward jump actually jumps backwards. Pretty standard stuff for the game. Of course there are more options than just different jump angles, but again not the point. After I realized it worked and seemed effective I went to practice the combo on the other side, meaning the left corner. However I have had no luck getting it to land. It hasn't even functioned the same once. If I'm crazy or just stupid that's fine, or if there is actually reason this is happening I'd like to know. It just seems really strange to me.

I was trying it on a few different stages with same result, as well as on a few different characters and no dice. I also tested it with varying character stances, as in open and closed, and still nothing.
Again, it works fine in the right corner, but in the left, nothing. So I would appreciate any insight people may have. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for answers other than "It's injustice".

Heh... first post... spent like 15 minutes just grammar checking it and I still probably missed things. Also, how do you add more than one space with out the preview just deleting the extra ones? That is why there are underlines before the %'s.

The corners issues are known by NRS and apparently they can do nothing about it, apparently... Something to do with the way blocking and cross ups work in the code. I wouldn't be surprised if the left and right corners had different issues depending on if you were player 1 or 2. It has been a quirk of their games since MK1 I believe? I originally thought they had removed that particular quirk for Injustice, but it appears it is still there, but in a slightly different form.