What's new

Tech RH-(whiff4)3 in combos.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
EGP Wonder_Chef has talked about this multiple times but it needs a lot more attention IMO. Ive worked out a couple new combos where this adds damage and still lets you have all the same setups as normal.

Old but not used much- 43 bubble-uppercut-43 lightning-RH-(whiff4)3 geyser (47%) 45% if ended with water gun

New combo- 4RH-(whiff4)3 bubble-Uppercut-43 lightning-Deep jump kick-43 tele 44%, or no deep jump kick 41% (Off of a naked RH with the deep kick you can get a whopping 41%)

In both instances the combo damage is raised by about 4-5% and it is not much if at all harder to do these combos. The timing is easy all you do is 43 right after the RH hits (while they are off screen) and the 4 will whiff while the 3 connects and cancels into your special. Some of you may already be using this but not in all your combos. At any point after a RH this is more damaging than any one hit move into uppercut. Discuss.

Reno_Racks Mr Aquaman Mothmonsterman0 FCP/EMP SCAR

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
here was my recent post on it:

There are a few things that I'm not seeing too many rain players do in combos:

1. Whiffing the 4 in 43. So instead of doing 4 xx RH > 2 xx Bubble, do 4 xx RH > 4(whiff)3 xx Bubble. Normally scaling makes 2 a better option, but this is a unique case for some reason. Also instead of ending a combo in RH > 4 xx Geyser, do RH > 4(whiff)3 xx Geyser.

2. Deep Jump Kicks after certain lightnings. The most applicable would be at the end of a combo that starts with a roundhouse (so like 4 xx RH combos, but end with 43 xx Lightning > Deep Jump Kick > 43 xx Teleport) or after a lightning in the corner, (so for instance the 55% corner combo will deal 56% if you end with 43 xx Lightning > Deep Jump Kick > 43 xx Geyser)

for examples of these, let's take a 4 xx RH combo:

Standard:
4 xx RH > 2 xx Bubble > Uppercut > 43 xx Lightning > 43 xx Teleport = 39% Damage

4(Whiff)3 instead of 2:
4 xx RH > 4(whiff)3 xx Bubble > Uppercut > 43 xx Lightning > 43 xx Teleport = 41% Damage

Standard + Deep Jump Kick:
4 xx RH > 2 xx Bubble > Uppercut > 43 xx Lightning > Deep Jump Kick > 43 xx Teleport = 42% Damage

4(Whiff)3 + Deep Jump Kick:
4 xx RH > 4(whiff)3 xx Bubble > Uppercut > 43 xx Lightning > Deep Jump Kick > 43 xx Teleport = 44% Damage

44% is the same as the 4 xx RH > Uppercut combos that I think people are using (aside from Foxy's sexy double uppercut combo).
i talked about it more back before the site crash, but I can't find it

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
EGP Wonder_Chef Thanks for the repost. I didnt know you had done a whole write up on this. But i thnk this is definitely more viable than the 4RH-uppercut combos and does the same damage in the end. It has much less room for error and gives rain the ability to still do 44% off of a 4RH and Ex-RH that isnt armored dashed.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
4RH i think can become the go to for launching bnb's unless you want true max damage because it allows you to do 44% with a tele ender for steups while the 43 bubble combo if you want 43 tele ender you can only max out at 43%. So i guess Foxy was right. 4RH is the entire gameplan now. Shoutouts to never having to hitconfirm into bubble ever again.

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Another thing that should be added to this tech is the ability to choose which side you want your opponent to be on. Choosing to do 4,3 a tad late puts your opponent behind you after the 3, this works wonders to put opponents closer to the wall in the mid screen game. It can also leads corner combos to bigger damage without losing the corner game. big 4,3 geyser combo into lightning into RH 4(whiff),3.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Its the same as doing 4RH 2 bubble and less damage than both of my 4RH uppercut variants.
This does more damage than 2 bubble and is much more consistent than the RH into uppercut. The uppercut variations do maybe 3% more but have way too many factors that can cause you to drop them. This, while still taking some good reactions and getting used to, doesnt have to worry about a lot of the problems 4RH uppercut has and can be used no matter how you hit them with a RH.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Doing it for 6 months, it's good to make damage but pushes the opponent in fullscreen.
It gives 1% more than doing 4, geyser.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
This does more damage than 2 bubble and is much more consistent than the RH into uppercut. The uppercut variations do maybe 3% more but have way too many factors that can cause you to drop them. This, while still taking some good reactions and getting used to, doesnt have to worry about a lot of the problems 4RH uppercut has and can be used no matter how you hit them with a RH.
Nvm checking the wrong thing.
Its not more consistent though. 2 bubble is a monkey combo.
With this theres always the possiblity of doing it too late and getting a geyser kick.

The only realistic part that you can mess up on any uppercut combo is 4RH uppercut. But even then with practice you can make it as easy as any other combo.

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Hes meaning more consistent then 4rh uppercut, and it can be more consistent than 2 bubble cause theres no timing the whiffed 4,3. You immediately just input it after connected RH. It's brain dead with use. Only tricky part is timing it and reversing your inputs to put em behind you, and this is the only varient ive seen scar use and he doesn't drop. I'll only do it for corner setups.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Nvm checking the wrong thing.
Its not more consistent though. 2 bubble is a monkey combo.
2 bubble is easier but this combo is pretty simple as well and adds 3%. I still personally, until i feel good about comfirming this in all situations, will probably stick with the one i currently use which still does 40%. The trickiest part of the RH variations of this is confirming the RH in time to get the 43 out to only make the 4 whiff and the 3 hit. For now as always i may just keep it simple and consistent unless i absolutely need the damage.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Its the same as doing 4RH 2 bubble and less damage than both of my 4RH uppercut variants.
4 whiff 3 combo does 2% more than standing 2 in the combo (44% vs 42%)

with a 43 teleport ender, doesn't the easier of your bnb's do 44%?

was it 4 xx RH > Uppercut > 43 xx Bubble > 43 xx Lightning > Ender?

and your hard one does 48% right? but that shit is crazy

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
4 whiff 3 combo does 2% more than standing 2 in the combo (44% vs 42%)

with a 43 teleport ender, doesn't the easier of your bnb's do 44%?

was it 4 xx RH > Uppercut > 43 xx Bubble > 43 xx Lightning > Ender?

and your hard one does 48% right? but that shit is crazy
I've got 3 variants

42%
46% and 48% meterless

and now obviously, the 44%.

Preferably off of a hitconfirmed 4RH I'll just go straight for the 4RH uppercut combo. But I went through a time of nailing that combo into my muscle memory, just like Kabal players do their 2NDC stuff, or when I introduced the double divekick combos to KL. (You can get triple divekicks but fuck that shit)

I'd say just to do what ever you're most comfortable with in each situation. Eventually an opponent will eat either a 4 or a naked RH.

EGP Wonder_Chef

I've got 3 variants

42%
46% and 48% meterless

and now obviously, the 44%.

Preferably off of a hitconfirmed 4RH I'll just go straight for the 4RH uppercut combo. But I went through a time of nailing that combo into my muscle memory, just like Kabal players do their 2NDC stuff, or when I introduced the double divekick combos to KL. (You can get triple divekicks but fuck that shit)

I'd say just to do what ever you're most comfortable with in each situation. Eventually an opponent will eat either a 4 or a naked RH.
What is the 46%?

I think 4 rh xx uppercut is consistent enough to be a hard BnB, I was just correcting what you said about the damage.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
EGP Wonder_Chef Quick question, is there a reason i cant hit DJK-43 ender off of this combo or am i just bad?

4RH-2-43bubble-43lightning-DJK-43 ender For some reason the 4 will hit but the 3 just wont seem to. Figured you might know since you talk about using the DJK a lot.

EGP Wonder_Chef

EGP Wonder_Chef Quick question, is there a reason i cant hit DJK-43 ender off of this combo or am i just bad?

4RH-2-43bubble-43lightning-DJK-43 ender For some reason the 4 will hit but the 3 just wont seem to. Figured you might know since you talk about using the DJK a lot.
well when you look at the amount of air hits, that combo has one more than the normal (2 4 3 Bubble instead of 2 Bubble Uppercut) so they should be falling a bit faster than usual. It might be possible to put a djk in there, but it would be pretty damn hard to land it, so I wouldn't try.

I'm trying it right now and I can't get it to work, so I'm not even sure if it is possible.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
well when you look at the amount of air hits, that combo has one more than the normal (2 4 3 Bubble instead of 2 Bubble Uppercut) so they should be falling a bit faster than usual. It might be possible to put a djk in there, but it would be pretty damn hard to land it, so I wouldn't try.

I'm trying it right now and I can't get it to work, so I'm not even sure if it is possible.
Yea i tried it a lot and havent gotten it once. I think im pretty used to the whiff 4 though to feel pretty confident in using it especially with the 7% more its giving me from my normal bnb off 4RH. My only gripe with it is that at times (especially in the heat of a game) you have to be able to comfirm the RH hitting like in pressure and landing this in that may be difficult. Off a raw punish or JIP though it should be rather easy.