What would you prefer from now on?

• Human Liu Kang

Votes: 60 78.9%
  • Revenant Liu Kang

Votes: 16 21.1%

• Total voters

Pizza

Thrill Kill
So, let's assume this whole Crisis on Infinite Earths has the purpose of fix things and set a path for this franchise to follow from now on.

Would you like Liu Kang to remain as a revenant? as the Emperor of the Netherrealm?
Or would you prefer Liu Kang to be human again and fight on Earthrrealm's side?

In my personal opinion, I hope this is the last game with the revenants. And Liu Kang gets to be the main hero of Earthrrealm again.

Something else to think about: How do you felt about Zombie Liu Kang back in the day? Do you think this revenant Liu Kang was like the new version of that? Would you accept Zombie Liu Kang or Revenant Liu Kang in MK12?

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Liu Kang just doesn't work as a bad guy for me. It seems really forced and weird. The evil version of good guy trope can be done and I have enjoyed it before in other series but for Liu Kang specifically it just doesn't work for me. I like him as his human and original self.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Human Liu all the way. Not a fan of most of the "undead heroes" stuff. Dude is Earth's Champion. The hero of the story and many games.

Although Revenant Liu had one of the greatest lines in MK history with "More visions Raiden? Do you still see the future?" wow. The depth in the line.

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
Human Liu Kang looks very heroic and really good shirtless in this game. All of the men do. and the women still are very realistic and anatomically correct and still manage to look sexy too btw. although, their seems to be a pattern with boob windows and capes/shaws, and the ninjas/revenants wearing the pant/armour kilt things. that is a bit overkill IMO. it is also not flattering on the women.

98Greener

Greenlord Memelord
It's hard to say. Liu Kang has always been the most netrual of characters for me. I guess I just like him as a regular human though...though him being the king of the Netherealm sounds cool enough.

Of the available options in the poll, human Liu Kang is my choice: I like his discipline, heart of gold, and perseverance in the face of adversity. Still, Revenant Liu Kang has merit as a character in the bitterness and rage he feels over what happened to him because fate and time-screwing has taken everything from him despite his best efforts.
If I could choose, though, I'd like to see Zombie Liu Kang again: he doesn't have a lot of character since he is simply a mindless enforcer for Dark Raiden, but the concept of an undead Bruce Lee fighter is too crazy to pass up and I would consider having it administered into my blood vessels if it were possible, but daydreams will suffice. I eagerly await a day when Zombie Liu Kang is playable and can use those necromancy chains as weapons.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Of the available options in the poll, human Liu Kang is my choice: I like his discipline, heart of gold, and perseverance in the face of adversity. Still, Revenant Liu Kang has merit as a character in the bitterness and rage he feels over what happened to him because fate and time-screwing has taken everything from him despite his best efforts.
If I could choose, though, I'd like to see Zombie Liu Kang again: he doesn't have a lot of character since he is simply a mindless enforcer for Dark Raiden, but the concept of an undead Bruce Lee fighter is too crazy to pass up and I would consider having it administered into my blood vessels if it were possible, but daydreams will suffice. I eagerly await a day when Zombie Liu Kang is playable and can use those necromancy chains as weapons.
Oh hey, you’re me.

Yeah the concept of a chosen one Bruce Lee type of character reduced to a mindless husk of undead flesh, with skills and muscle memory so superb that it can still kick the asses of most living beings in the realms as a shambling corpse has always been badass to me. Especially with the added layer of the original soul trying to find a way to fix his situation.

Really hoping for it to return as a premier skin.

That said, the concept of a Bruce Lee style chosen one being robbed of his destiny and turned into an ultra-resentful vengeful spirit that rules over hell as it’s supreme overlord is also fucking badass. Hail Liucifer.

I mean I like human Liu too, but he’s as basic as you can get. He’s the chosen one, and to me my favorite chosen ones in media are the ones that fall from grace.

Last edited:

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
I like both, and I'm looking forward to see them clash. That said, rather than have the "current" Liu Kang erased, I'd just like the past one to stick around. It's okay if the Revenant is killed, I just don't want him retkonned by time travel... in general, that's not where I'd like to see the story go.

I want the battle with and triumph his "fallen" self to be part of his journey as a character, to be a meaningful step on his way to perhaps being the best Liu Kang he can be.

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
I always found Liu Kang kinda boring. That changed when he became zombie Liu Kang in Deception and again when he became a revenant.

I'd like them to keep him as a revenant, but I think the whole storyline of MK 11 is being used to get rid of all revenants from the game.

Krankk

Smoke & Noob & Rain
You should have added another option: Human Liu Kang in Revenant Liu Kang armor. That's what I would have voted for.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
So, let's assume this whole Crisis on Infinite Earths has the purpose of fix things and set a path for this franchise to follow from now on.

Would you like Liu Kang to remain as a revenant? as the Emperor of the Netherrealm?
Or would you prefer Liu Kang to be human again and fight on Earthrrealm's side?

In my personal opinion, I hope this is the last game with the revenants. And Liu Kang gets to be the main hero of Earthrrealm again.

Something else to think about: How do you felt about Zombie Liu Kang back in the day? Do you think this revenant Liu Kang was like the new version of that? Would you accept Zombie Liu Kang or Revenant Liu Kang in MK12?
I never liked the revenant thing. I prefer everyone's original looks.

PapaRegadetho

All hail emperor Liucifer Kang!
The character has so much potential to go either way, he is a wild card that just waits for a better writer to do him justice. How about young Liu leading him back to the right way, help him overcome the bitterness, remind him what he truly is about. They fight, a long a and tiresome battle to the end, maybe even revenant Liu getting the upper hand, trying to finish him off, but at the last second young Liu whispers something that hits revenant Liu pretty hard. I'm no writer, but I would love to see something along those lines, a redemption arc some sort of.