What's new

ReveLAtions 2011 Shoutout thread

R.E.L.

Noob
ReveLAtions was a LOT of fun! I met some new players and saw familiar faces :)

Offcast - for having a GDLK stream! Thank you again for letting me do commentary. I had a blast working with you and hope to do more in the future!

Shoryuken88 - Best sparring partner anyone could ask for. I look forward to working more with you and leveling up!

MarkMan - for the awesome gold TE keychain so I could mutilate my beautiful chun-li TE and make it a combat panel instead. We have to do more commentary together too!

Konqrr - great to finally meet you! Sad that we couldn't go to Roscoe's together, but next time FO SHO. Awesome casual matches with you too...learned a lot!

Michaelangelo - Finally was able to chat with you more and play a few matches! We will have to def do Roscoe's again. Also, doing commentary with you was great times!

Aris - <-- This guy! Man, what a character. Loved doing commentary with you. At some point we need to get some matches in my friend!

Zeppeli - Having you around tourneys is a treat. Not only did you help run the brackets, but you still managed to get some commentary with me. Looking forward to playing more matches with you soon!

WonderChef - For someone who got in the tourney at the last minute, you did AMAZING. Proud of you Top 8ing. Way to represent After Dark Gaming!!

KrayzieBone - Always the joker. Grats on getting top 4 and making me a believer in Jade once again! Can't wait to get in the lab with you and break this game more!

Meatbun - For making awesome shirts that I had to buy.

Sako - For shaking my hand so I could bless all of our Fight Sticks with your GDLK skills. =p

Gunz - For upballing me in the face! ;)

Potatohead - For giving me the opportunity to do commentary for MK and believing that I could do a good job :)

Levelup/Tournament Legacy - for putting this whole damn tournament together! Great tournament, great experience ;)

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
I saw so many people it was crazy...

Super special shoutouts to Hawksauce and Shoryuken88 for getting me into the tournament in the first place. I wasn't even planning on entering!

Also Konqrr, I mentioned that I had something to say to you, but I forgot to do it before we left, so here it is:

Nice to meet you, you might be my favorite player right now.
I love your Kitana, one could say I'm a... big fan.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Obviously wasnt at either, and with work and kids, its hard to even follow the streams....but I STILL GOT SHOUT OUTS!

To EVERYONE who entered the MK9 tourneys......THANK YOU.

Props to my homies....Kelly, Evan, Bill, Justin, Mike, Alex, Art, VICTOR VON SPOOKS, Mark, Chris and MANY MORE. Of course, props to Hec for coming out to ReveLAtions.

It was MAD MK LOVE on both coasts. Great weekend for MK. THANK YOU!!

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I had a great time at ReveLAtions and met hella people there. REL, I wanted to go to Roscoe's, but I went the night before and my time was limited so I really just wanted as many casuals as I could get. Next time man!

@Offcast, thank you for all the hard work you do streaming and supporting the MK9 tournament scene in the west coast.

@Utah Crew... thanks for all of your support, getting me to ReveLAtions, and for being awesome guys to hang out with. Andy, THANK YOU.

@Krayzie Bone... you are such a chill guy. Thanks for being so awesome, playing Jade in the tournament :confused:, helping to get MK9 to ReveLAtions, and everything else you do for the community. You should have played Jade against Michaelangelo man!

@Zeppeli... had a ton of casuals against this guy. Very solid player. You're a great guy and you do a hell of a lot for the scene in SoCal. Thanks for all your hard work and for the matchup experience against Nightwolf and Cyber Sub.

@Jerry aka Shords... You have the best Jax I've played and you just kept getting better as the weekend went on. Also a great Kitana player. I couldn't beat your Kitana with anyone but my own Kitana, good stuff. Can't wait to see you post stuff instead of just see you reading forums.

@Wonder Chef... your Sonya is awesome, like the Reptile too! You and the other(s) at ADG, keep doing what you do. It's a great help to the community.

@REL... thanks for the great commentary, repping Cage, and for the invite to eat gdlk food.

@Chago aka Shoryuken88... Thanks for the games against your Smoke and Sub. I haven't really played against a really good Sub since I tested with Tom Brady in Chicago. Great Games, Great Experience... btw, Kitana beats Smoke all day ^_^

@Aris... Thanks for supporting the scene and for the awesome commentary. Also thanks for the great Smoke play.

@Gunzablaze... Great to finally meet you in person. Keep repping Kano man, ggs.

@Calipower/Tournament Legacy... thanks for putting on such a great tournament.

@MarkMan... thanks for supporting the scene, the Combat Panels, and for being such a huge part of the FGC.

@Michaelangelo... Holy crap, you are so good at this game. You made me forget how to play Kitana in the Losers Finals... Keep doing what you do and good luck at NCR.

@Online Tony... Wish we could have had casuals, I was just too tired and the rest of the Utah guys were drunk as hell staying up all night lol ... I hope to see that Stryker someday.

@RIP... Learn that Kitana matchup, Noob is actually a hard fight for her!

@Hugo101... such a smart player. Once you get the matchups down, you will be a strong player in this game.

@Fubarduck... Every tournament I go to or watch on a stream, you are there. Thanks for everything you do for the FGC and for being such a great guy.

@Tom Brady... Thanks for keeping me up to date with everything in this game, and for all you do for the community.

@Hecterrific and Nico... Thanks for postponing your flight to stay and watch the MK9 pool play. You guys at NRS are so awesome lol

@Trophy Club... You have the best Cyrax, hands down. I can't imagine what insanity you would have wrecked on all of us if the patch wasn't in effect. Your knowledge of the character is unmatched. Awesome corner traps, meter management, and overall smart play.

For anyone I missed, new baby and no sleep = memory loss... sorry ^_^

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
I will post shoutouts when I have time, but for now I just wanted to say this first ... I had a great time at ReveLAtions and met hella people there. REL, I wanted to go to Roscoe's, but I went the night before and my time was limited so I really just wanted as many casuals as I could get. Next time man!

@Chef, LOL!
Kelly, love that Kit bro.