What's new

Reveal Event worst case scenarios?

E

Eldriken

I'd like something new. If I wanted MKX, I'd play MKX. I want 11 to feel completely different.

Even if it does play similar to MKX, I'll still play it and enjoy it, I'm sure. Just a personal preference is all. Nothing against the game either way.

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
If It's legacy like how Injustice 2 was then I don't necessarily see the problem. I don't want every character from MKX returning if that's what you mean by legacy. But, I don't mind characters who do carry over having the same strings/moves etc.

If I put in days to learn Kitana's combos and moves from MKX, I'd like to keep that knowledge without having to scrap it and start from scratch every game. I don't mind them carrying over stuff like that, so they can focus on giving new characters more unique move sets while also giving 'legacy' characters some interesting new flash without COMPLETELY overhauling them all.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
If It's legacy like how Injustice 2 was then I don't necessarily see the problem. I don't want every character from MKX returning if that's what you mean by legacy. But, I don't mind characters who do carry over having the same strings/moves etc.

If I put in days to learn Kitana's combos and moves from MKX, I'd like to keep that knowledge without having to scrap it and start from scratch every game. I don't mind them carrying over stuff like that, so they can focus on giving new characters more unique move sets while also giving 'legacy' characters some interesting new flash without COMPLETELY overhauling them all.
This is what I mean.

There are so many benefits to going legacy.

Legacy doesn’t mean copy and paste either, it means work off of a core design and improve and add to it instead of scrapping 90% of it for something potentially too worse or too different than before that will alienate players who love the gameplay as much as they love the characters.

This greatly stream lines character development, this leaves time and resources to fine tune returning characters and make more new ones.

10 times out of 10 I would rather play as a better, more balanced, new move having version of my main than have my main essentially turn into a completely different thing I might not even like anymore.

E

Eldriken

This is what I mean.

There are so many benefits to going legacy.

Legacy doesn’t mean copy and paste either, it means work off of a core design and improve and add to it instead of scrapping 90% of it for something potentially too worse or too different than before that will alienate players who love the gameplay as much as they love the characters.

This greatly stream lines character development, this leaves time and resources to fine tune returning characters and make more new ones.

10 times out of 10 I would rather play as a better, more balanced, new move having version of my main than have my main essentially turn into a completely different thing I might not even like anymore.
All they'd have to do is remove running from the game and there goes a lot of legacy-esque combos. :DOGE

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
All they'd have to do is remove running from the game and there goes a lot of legacy-esque combos. :DOGE
Well unfortunately I’m one of the people who don’t want running removed lol.

And hey I don’t want everything to be exactly the same I just want a lot of it to not be entirely different.

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
We saw that people enjoyed mkx so much, that we decided to make more characters competitive, so we added to everyone 50/50 mix-ups. Now you can enjoy mindless winning and opponent raging everytime you play!
Did you enjoy mkx visuals? By using ureal 4 engine, we can now improve on the graphics and implement limitless shades of brown so that you can experience the next step in visual graphics technology!
People really enjoyed injustice 2, so the return of loot boxes was inevitable, but now the grind will be two times longer so you can enjoy the game longer! (somewhere's been said that loot boxes won't return, so that's a bummer).
:DOGE:DOGE:DOGE

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
Did you enjoy mkx visuals? By using ureal 4 engine, we can now improve on the graphics and implement limitless shades of brown so that you can experience the next step in visual graphics technology!
MKX was so damn dull. Luckily, the few in-game screenshots we've seen of Raiden and Scorpion seem to be a bit of a step up. I just need some color. I swear if we get another Kotal Kahn's Courtyard and Outworld Marketplace situation I'll die a little inside. Two boring ass stages that look identical no thanks.

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
"We heard zoning was the problem in MKX, no more Jacqui machine gun here. Now every character has run, and a new mechanic called sprint! It lets you run at double speed for half the stamina. No more backdashes because running away is for wimps. All pokes are plus on block because you earned those frames, so you deserve another turn. We made launchers safe and armor always unsafe so people can't abuse their infinite meterless armor."

"scorpions low minion now has improved tracking and its unblockable. it can also be cancelled on startup frames, this leads to even more high level mind games as well as surprise moments"

Last edited:

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I'd like something new. If I wanted MKX, I'd play MKX. I want 11 to feel completely different.

Even if it does play similar to MKX, I'll still play it and enjoy it, I'm sure. Just a personal preference is all. Nothing against the game either way.
I'd prefer it was something brand new, as well. Considering the game engine is new, I'd imagine this is what we are getting.

Having said that, if it is legacy, I will still happily play the game. I do hope they incorporate some things from MK9, as well. Namely, reliable anti-airs like Jax's standing 1 in MK9, for example. To me, many times it didn't even seem worth it to attempt anti-airs in MKX. If you fuck it up, you're eating 40% damage and now you're in the corner.

Anyway, I can't remember the last time I was this excited for a game's release. Actually, I do remember. It was MKX.

Icefyre

Shadows
  • 26 playable characters (base game). Enjoy the same fan-favorite roster from Mortal Kombat X, but this time with updated visuals and new customization options. Also includes 2 new playable characters. Additional characters such as Shao Kahn sold separately.
Hopefully if this happens, there will be somebody I can sue, or worse.