What's new

Returning Injustice characters have returning movesets

Do You Approve Of I2 Having Similar Movesets and Animations Of Returning IGAU Characters?

• Yes, it will benefit franchise loyalists and new players will not have to fear severe imbalance.

Votes: 84 85.7%
  • No, NRS at it again. Was IGAU just Beta?

Votes: 14 14.3%

• Total voters

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
You take that back.

Granted, if they had my input for him, oh my would I have some cool concepts to change just minor things from inj1 to make him fun

edit: more fun
Green Arrow was fun I admit that. However, a character being fun only gets you so far when he has too many problematic mu at least to me.

portent

Noob
I think this is a great idea. Games like SF have longevity because if you play a character in the SF2 series, you can pick that character up and at least have an idea of how to play in the newest iteration of the game. MK has never been like that save for MK 1 through 4. After that, all the moves changed, inputs changed, combos and strings changed. I think that by going with the existing moveset and similar combo strings, they're building on a good foundation and evolving it rather than trying to re-invent the wheel. Ultimately, I think it's better for longevity of the series.

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
After seeing Atrocitus use his ring as apart of combos I want more unique stuff for GL. Like for a guy who could make anything from his ring his moveset was bland

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Seems like nobody remembers the first videos of MKX. There was many mk9 strings/moves copy and paste in there until the new stuff came in. Injustice 2 is literally no different.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
And even for arguments sake say all the old shit does stay in. That means f23 is in and then I can be happy.

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
I want to feel like I;m playing a new game, and when I saw aquaman playing his combos where almost identical to IGAU. I wanna play a completely different game with different moves.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
especially when they have to balance millions of gear combinations on top of just the overall cast. It's going to be a tough road ahead for NRS but I'm hoping for the best.
This is actually really important. I really really really need to know how this gear is working before anything else really

MK_Al

Noob
Seems like nobody remembers the first videos of MKX. There was many mk9 strings/moves copy and paste in there until the new stuff came in. Injustice 2 is literally no different.
Ed Boon confirmed that the character will keep original moves but will be "updated"

TheIrishFGCguy

Pew pew pew
The same type of moves and strings so a character is familiar? Fine, but the exact same animations? No thanks. I assume it's all just placeholders and whatnot though because I watched Aquaman move around, attack, and throw interactables and it looked so similar that you would swear it was just a remastered version of Injustice. There is no way that is how the characters will play in the final product.

If the exact same animations from Injustice make it to Injustice 2 (like it appears so far) then it is absurd and lazy, though I doubt this will happen. NRS do tend to put a lot of effort into their games.

The same type of moves and strings so a character is familiar? Fine, but the exact same animations? No thanks. I assume it's all just placeholders and whatnot though because I watched Aquaman move around, attack, and throw interactables and it looked so similar that you would swear it was just a remastered version of Injustice. There is no way that is how the characters will play in the final product.

If the exact same animations from Injustice make it to Injustice 2 (like it appears so far) then it is absurd and lazy, though I doubt this will happen. NRS do tend to put a lot of effort into their games.
why not? look at streetfighter, normals are an important part of character identity.

Bomborge

Aspiring scrub
Looking at a lot of the gameplay, you can tell superman, aquaman and bats are all still very similar but there have been changes. Obvious ones like Batman's b3 not being the same, but I've also noticed superman's scoop has to be meter burned to launch and aquaman's from the deep has a lot of recovery. I think the character's are for the most part gonna come back with almost the same base, but I don't think they're gonna feel the exact same. I'm personally a fan of this route they're going with.

exflyingbooty

This dream has a sad ending
Am i the only one ok with it? like balance the pre-existing moves to make them more fair and if there are more moves add them to the character to help them with their faults lol. I think this is a great way of balancing things since they did they do the exact same thing in tekken/guilty gear and those games just keep getting better with each revision lol

Killusion

Stream addict
I actually love it. This has a lot of benefits if they are smart:
-saves a lot of deveploment time so they can focus on adding more characters
-fans of the old Injustice feel right at home with their favorite character
-can still make adjustments to old moves and add new ones to make returning characters feel fresh again

Some might think that it's just going to be Injustice 1,5 but I'm totally fine with that. If you hated your Injustice mains moveset I can see why would be upset lol. I just hope they won't cut too many characters from the old roster.

supernumian

Triborg Enthusiast
As an Aquaman player for a long time, seeing him doing exactly the same stuff in the new Injustice level down my hype for the game.
It's good to have the similar metagame from the previous game but things needs to be different in some way and similar in other but not the same.
It's too early but I want to see more in depth gameplay from other returning character to judge.

mkbat

Noob
They need to add some more new moves for the characters and get rid of Batmans holding a purse stance its God Awful... And switch Superman and Supergirls special because Superman should have the more powerful Supermove.