What's new

Resets = Hidden difficulty??

Well tapatalk glitched and took away my original post so the jist of this thread is about the expert CPU becoming ridiculous after resetting it. Its happened on two seperate occasions once today and once with WayoftheFist.
Let me kno if its happened to u.

Now that you mention it I have had the CPU crush me after doing Smoke's reset on it. Never thought about why I got crushed I just know I could not do anything without the CPU punishing me.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Ive reset the computer loads and it never really does anything, ive done a 3bar reset on shao kahn before and proceeded to standing 2 him out of his random xray, so i cant say it has been more difficult

It's just because the ai ramps up after a lost round to make it more competitive. It's done that since waaaay back in mk.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

U can also do 2 ndc on shao kahn until u chip him to death. I'm talking about the normal cast.

Sent from my LG-US670 using Tapatalk 2

Yea just like it scales down a little after a loss. Hince the "back to expert feel" after the loss. I don't think there's really a hidden difficulty. Its just like the game punishing u for showing it its broken. Salty CPU.

lazybird123

Purple Belt in BJJ, White Belt in MK
I've noticed this too and not just with true resets, but with pressure that sometimes the AI can't handle. Like for example if I'm using Johnny Cage and I beat the AI in a 10-15 second match the next round they will literally become impossible.

Also, a lot of frame traps simple do not work on the computer (try NDC pressure against the AI for example) and they will easily get out of it although the first round of the first match they will just stand there and block. You also cannot hit a throw after a block JIP against the AI because for whatever reason whatever move they use will come out faster than your throw, but not any other normal attack.

I've also seemingly dropped the Cyrax reset for no reason against the AI in a way that NEVER happens outside of playing the AI (and I usually drop it A LOT). I don't know if this is an extreme coincidence or the game has a mechanism to make it difficult to cheese the AI out.

lazybird123

Purple Belt in BJJ, White Belt in MK
In addition, I believe there is a hidden difficulty level because Goro, Kintaro, Mileena and Shao Khan are significantly harder on the 300 challenge tower than they are in ladder setting.

In addition, I believe there is a hidden difficulty level because Goro, Kintaro, Mileena and Shao Khan are significantly harder on the 300 challenge tower than they are in ladder setting.
Yea but the challenge tower was made for to hate the game...urself...life lol.

i can flawless the whole ladder (except shao kahn sometimes :() with 2 cutter. they never punish it lol, even on expert they just sit there and take it like it's an infinite. i never noticed them get harder after resets or something though. stay free cpu

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
as far as i can tell its just a scam to make you put more money into arcade machines that has been around since the first fighting games. Its programmed to become harder if you win so that it takes your money and you pay more to keep going!

or just your imagination :p

as far as i can tell its just a scam to make you put more money into arcade machines that has been around since the first fighting games. Its programmed to become harder if you win so that it takes your money and you pay more to keep going!

or just your imagination :p
Even though the programing for that has been useless since mk4 was last arcade mk? And I doubt its my imagination if I can baby the entire ladder. Just don't need to reset it.

WayoftheFist

Cold day in hell...
Well tapatalk glitched and took away my original post so the jist of this thread is about the expert CPU becoming ridiculous after resetting it. Its happened on two seperate occasions once today and once with WayoftheFist.
Let me kno if its happened to u.
Lol it was pretty ridiculous. We went from just flat out stomping it to it instantly wrecking us after you did that. Maybe the game actually formulates how much it increases difficulty by each round by how fast you beat it and resetting it means beating it pretty damn fast.