What's new

Reptile's zoning

Ok, help settle an argument with me and a friend. How would you rate reptile and his zoning ability? How many characters have better or equal zoning? DISCUSS!
Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Enenra

Go to hell.
It's good. Not great, but good. It's bypasses Kabal's IAGBs, but against most characters you need to knock them down with normals to make Reptile's zoning most effective.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
FB cancels 7/10
FB start-up 5/10
FB stops working after a teleport 3/10
FB taking up screen space 9/10
FB cooldown time 6/10
FB combo-able 9/10
Full charged EN FBs 9/10
Spit travel time 8/10
Spit recovery 4/10
Spit hitting special High 4/10
EN spit frame disadvantage on hit 4/10
EN spit range 5/10

Overall: 73/120 = 6.083/10

I'm a non reptile player but I'll mention what gives me the most trouble when opposing reptile. If the opponent is using force balls to get in and do block strings instead of dashing and sliding it is much tougher to deal with.

What I really hate and haven't figured out a counter to is slow force ball to dash in block string. I can ass out with Kitana but I usually get punished with a dash if I try that.

If they are purely zoning and not using it to create close pressure...I switch to nightwolf and blow that strategy up with reflect.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
imo opinion the way ive used his zoning im capable of zoning out almost every single character in this game

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
you cant just throw out sffb,ffb, spit as fast as you can after another obviously but honestly the only characters that i would say can compete or even beat reptiles zoning are shang tsung, liu kang, and sometimes jax

obviously characters with reflect dont count

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
I think his zoning is really good. Specifically sending forceballs after you knock them down.

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
It's good for starting pressure, but don't expect to be holding characters down since the start-up on his projectiles are slow.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
It's good when he gets something on screen. The screen control on forceballs are awesome. Dash works really well with slow ball since there are certain ranges where it's a frame trap.

I would have to agree with every who said it's good after knockdown.from full screen i would have to say it's not that good.spit is ok but not the foreceballs.by the time his animation begin to do a forceball, he will just take a projectile to the face and from there he will get a wall of them.Not good against teleporters either.as far as nightwolf and smoke you can cancel the forceball.I noticed that whenever I spit at nightwolf and he reflects it, I would dash and the reflected spit would whiff.can someone test that out?But anyways,as far as keeping someone at bay I think it's not that great but he can definitely get in once he get one off.

This is how I generally feel. This thread sprang from an argument I had with my friend who said reptile is one of the best zoners in the game as he was getting mad at me for keeping his jax( I know armor right) at bay. I feel there are several characters that zone better.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

XxXAntiJoshXxX

Herpetologist - The Study of The Reptillian
I noticed that whenever I spit at nightwolf and he reflects it, I would dash and the reflected spit would whiff.can someone test that out?
This happens on occasion. It happened to me and my friend when he kept reflecting my spit with kenshi and I would dash right through. I can post the video if you want.

Sent from my iPhone.