What's new

General/Other - Reptile Reptile's variations are disappointing

pzea

Noob
I seriously want NRS to patch his variations. He's a good solid character but he plays no differently in one variation vs another.
  1. Nimble uses up a meter in exchange for a bit more damage in few combos, but Reptile already has ways to burn meter into more damage from combos via throw reset or ex claw. Non EX Basilisk is useless.
  2. Deceptive uses meter to go fully invisible and even then it's pretty useless since reptile already has 50/50s that make opponents guess. Going invisible doesn't change anything. It's great that he can absorb a hit of damage, but that's usually damage you could have done if you hadn't ended your combo with invisibility.
  3. Noxious is imo the most useful one since you don't need to use the special to get some use out of it. The passive damage gives some of your combos a few extra percent damage and the special is just okay.
Anyways, I'm not complaining that I find the character weak because I don't. I just find it sad that the variations make no difference in his play style. I don't think Reptile NEEDS different variations to handle different matchups, but it would still be nice to have different ways of playing him. I hope NRS gives his variations a little more flavour in some patch down the line.