What's new

Reptile's Normals

Mattman

Warlock Nerd
what do you guys think about Reppy T's 124 string. does anybody use it much, and if so, what do you follow it up with?

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
reptile has one of the best anti crossops tools in the game...
it takes practice but when someone crosses you up, time a d4 before he attempts his jip to lower your hitbox and make it whiff. when he lands you have the time to elbow dash him before he can do anything...

my friend who also mains reptile coudl do this everysingle t ime and it was sooo goddamn hard to cross him up.. you can pretty much only cross him up and block the dash or try and do a jump kick

it takes practice but its extremely useful

Temjiin

www.mkxframedata.com
what do you guys think about Reppy T's 124 string. does anybody use it much, and if so, what do you follow it up with?
I love this string, it's so deceptive. I hit so many people with a follow up as they let go of block or jump in. AH, Slide, Invis and EX Dash are all good.

Great thread.

I'm on board the t3 hype band wagon. I've started using it more as a footsy poke option as the 1+2 only comes out if t3 hits.

KT Smith is right...321 is absurdly good. I think its one of the best strings in the game. It doubles as a pressure string and his bust launching string. Not to mention he moves foreward while doing it.

Watching Showtime makes me really want to work on my footsies.

Oh yeah, and he has the most ridiculous Oki game of the cast.

There is a misconception that reptile players say reptile isn't great. I don't know where that came from because all of the reptile players here say he is great. Hovering right around top 10 range.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
There is a misconception that reptile players say reptile isn't great. I don't know where that came from because all of the reptile players here say he is great. Hovering right around top 10 range.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
The only time I didn't say Reptile was top 10 or close to it was when I thought he was smack dab in the middle.

I just picked up Reptile tonight actually. B1 is pretty sick, and F3 looks good too. A B1 up close can set you up for a good range, and you can follow it up with another B1 (dat range). I'm liking 2 F3 as well.

Mattman

Warlock Nerd
i just started using F3, 1+2 as an AA. me likey.
forgive me if i arrived late to that party. im not very good lol

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I only wish the last hit of 124 did more damage.. I mean it's the same animation as standing 4 which does 9% and 124 does a pitiful 3%