What's new

General/Other - Reptile Reptiles annoying string

Alright guys I need some help. Is it just me or is his back 1 down 4 string so annoying. It is really useful because you do that which leads to a fast ball but it seems like I can't hit it on my opponent. You would think it is easy but its annoying. Am I the only one with this issue?

Smugleaf

Black and yelllow
I get a lot of success out of it as a mixup tool. B1 by itself is a great tool for neutral. It's a good antiair and it can stop anyone in their tracks that try to run or dash in on you. The best part about b1 is it's recovery. It recovers relatively quickly on whiff, so you can just throw it out and not worry about getting blown up.

Now for the mixup. B1d4 is high, low and leads into solid damage and a setup if you want. However, if you notice people are blocking low every time and punishing you, do b1, run cancel>> b2 instead. It's essentially a high, overhead, similar to what johnny does with 113 and 11, f2. It's great after hard knockdowns like 121 and 123 (corner only), since you have enough time to whiff b1 and still block a reversal if you make the read. Oh, you can always b1, grab too.

Smugleaf

Black and yelllow
No. You b1, pause, and go for the run cancel overhead. It's a little on the gimmicky side, but it's just another mixup to throw in your arsenal, ya know? It's a lot more effective in the corner after a 121 or 123 ender, since you're close enough to not have to run cancel to land a b2.

Smugleaf

Black and yelllow
Oh, you don't have to run cancel midscreen either if you end in 121. Run cancel is more for neutral when you're trying to see how they respond to b1. All of this is considering you have them conditioned to block the low first though.

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
this is very simple,i had this problem with my team mate,listen you have to be patient,unless he is next to you b1 will always whif,even sometimes with crouch block,so you can wait for the low and when you see the acid ball before it comes out you can stop it with a string not only with special,so you can punish it!

this is very simple,i had this problem with my team mate,listen you have to be patient,unless he is next to you b1 will always whif,even sometimes with crouch block,so you can wait for the low and when you see the acid ball before it comes out you can stop it with a string not only with special,so you can punish it!
I think we are on the wrong page LOL i need help hitting it not stopping it dude

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
Just practice it in the lab. I like to throw it out now & again to mix it up & if you're very quick you can cancel it into invis then b2 or F421 string.

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
i always stagger f41 on block, if the overhead hits it offers enough frame advantage for you to get a guaranteed tongue slap if theyre standing. this works really well and is also a mixup, try it. also ending combos with 14xxdash and going for b1d4 straight away is a good idea too

KrstffrMunk

Bane/Black Manta/Captain Cold
Make sure you're inputting the directional inputs just before the attack that needs it. I used to accidentally get 14 xx ffb while trying for b1d4 xx ffb.