What's new

Question - Reptile Reptile: what's good, what's bad?

Levaranoia

War God
Why is reptile's deceptive variation not called "tricky lizard"? Also he better have a string where he uses axe handles like in mk9.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
To be 100% honest, everyone is looking into Noxious too hard, and not looking into all his other stuff hard enough.

Noxious is a lot of passive damage, yes. And having it available at all times is really good, yes. BUT, Nimble isn't just a combo tool like how Flash used it. Reptile has projectiles...with varying speeds...that can be stopped dead in their tracks for you to fall on. There is no pushblocking in MKX. Reptile also gets a speed increase himself. The plus frames will be absurd on his pressure (can you imagine +frames on block elbow dash?). The only thing that could stop the effectiveness of Nimble is the startup of the speed boost itself, which means he can't just activate it anywhere. But given Reptile's options altogether, I wouldn't be surprised if setting it up is actually much easier than expected. And invisibility...as I've said multiple times, if you haven't played the older MKs, you will seriously not understand the true value of simply having full invisibility that costs nothing, even if it is slow. It's a seriously powerful tool, and now that I think about it, Nimble + Invisibility sounds fucking silly LOL. So I kinda understand why it would be pushed off into its own variation.

We won't know until release, but ALL these variations sound super good, and it's a neat theme for him. A strong base of options with passive abilities that enhance the potential strategies that can be applied with these tools. He'll be easier for newer players, but good players will have a field day being able to experiment with so much across each variation, and the abilities that change between the variations are pretty significant and do alter the desired playstyles of Reptile.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I'm kind of 50/50 on Reptile, I'm not a Reptile main by any means but IMO MKX Reptile overall looks better to me than MK9 Reptile as far as being more intriguing and perhaps easier to use. MK9 relied way too much on dash juggle combos which was annoying, and his dash was way too fast...his combos to me were very unorthodox.

MK X he seems easier in that regard considering they confirmed his play style is the same over all 3 variations. This is cool imo.

Now, this variations. First one Deceptive seems typical reptile honestly, I like how he can control his green balls that's cool. Could prove to be useful for zoners and mind games.

Noxious seems kind of very good, some would say O.P. but to be fair I'll wait to pass full judgement til the games out. I can see this being a rushdown Reptile's dream...not only constant pressure to deal with but his toxic cloud. I totally agree I can see the damage output on this being nerfed at some point. Just think someone finds a Reptile vortex or even just doing his 50/50 ex throw set up, being near him alone will harm you so I think this will be nerfed or tweaked due to these reasons.

I do agree with zigzag's point regarding the invisibility option to "stay such by holding the button" this really leaves Reptile open for attack and limits his options, may as well just do his ex version to stay for a while or until he gets hit.

His nimble style looks imo the most different and so far as others mentioned the more injustice-isque like style though I can see this being a unpredictable style with the flash move and all. Though I think this style seems a little underrated, IDK...I can imagine someone with good mind games, smart and consistent with slowed time combos to be annoying in this style. Still, this style will still be used and have more of a purpose more than Ermac's third Spectral style...

Batman2000

4/14/15 Baby!!!!!
im sorry did i shove my opinion down your throat?

i have the right to express, critiuqe the game i love, u dont agree?

you can express your opinion in a respectful way and we can discuss it like gentlemen.

Still you dont agree?
you can pass its alright

thank you for your cooperation, next plz!
Yeah, you have the right to comment what you want, and I have the right to comment as well, that includes on others' post. It's a forum my man, don't talk the talk if you can't walk the walk.

ColdSpine

"I wore those colors before you"
Yeah, you have the right to comment what you want, and I have the right to comment as well, that includes on others' post. It's a forum my man, don't talk the talk if you can't walk the walk.
im sure everyone here understands the simple concept of a forum and how it works. Additionally, no one said you cant comment.

Do it as much as you want. However, do it in a respectful manner.

your welcome!

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
I had no plan on playing reptile until i saw noxious variation. I've watched all the trailers and this variation really made me stop what i was doing and pay attention. So far its the one for me. I think there's gonna be alot of nasty damage setups in this variation. Geting a life lead and keeping away? How nice will that be when your covered in stench? If they're on chip what chance do they have? I hate to speculate off 5 minutes on a trailer that this is how this characters flow chart will go, but it seems that way.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
I'm shitting bricks here because on the stream one of his 3-hit strings has a very short t-rex arm hit that whiffs mid string. It got used twice or thrice and it missed every time.

However that 2 hit advancing fist string looks promising. But I am not sure there is going to be a safe special to cancel into,as we had the reptile hand in mk9.

As for the Kung Lao matchup, I fear the removal of his crouching frames on acid ball is going to have us eating Teleport 3 all day. Which I hate.

Other normal-related stuff (from
) :

48:22 - weird back-moving overhead? seems very short ranged, hope it's a godlike anti air
48:40 - his D4, looks almost the same as mk9
49:02 - sweep seems fast
49:04 - hell string that misses the mid hit - NOOOOOOOOOO
49:32 - misses again, NO why GOD NO
50:58 - weird fake spit /tongue move - wtf is this
52:39 - overhead move doesn't seem safe at all, bleah
52:51 - two fist move, advancing, crouching, safe, like it

That's all I got.
They referred to that tongue move at 50:58 as a poke of some sort. Don't know it's properties, but i was originally hoping it was like Cyrax's little grab n' pull from MK9

Last edited: