What's new

Reptile wake up options

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Only slide is his wakeup move. It is not safe on block.

I don't understand the difference between wake up safe on block and not safe on block.

I also hear reptile's ex dash has invincibility frames. What is this and wouldn't you be able to do this on wake up as well?

I don't understand the difference between wake up safe on block and not safe on block.
Basically some moves have longer recovery time than others. The simplest way to put it is if you do a move in which your opponent recovers fast enough from block to hit you then it's not safe. If you recover from your move before or at the same time your opponent recovers from block then it's safe because they can't hit you before you can react

THTB

The training mode is messed up...the AI will do EX moves even when it has no meter. And I'm pretty sure the AI uses moves previously accessible in earlier builds as wakeup attacks, as I have NEVER gotten any move other than slide/EX slide as a wakeup attack.

Harvester, safe on block means that if your attack is blocked by an opponent, you recover faster than the time it takes for them to attack you back, thus it is a safe attack to use if they block it.

Okay so basically if you're knocked down you can bust a slide but if they block you can be punished.

Also if you don't mind answering one more question. I hear a lot of talk about ex elbow dash having invincibility frames. Can you clarify what this means?

GhosT

Noob
IT means for a short time something like 7 or 8 Frames he is invulnerable. His EX elbow dash is also useful because when blocked it will travel through the opponent. Great for slipping out of the corner.

Milk

Snake eyes
Okay so basically if you're knocked down you can bust a slide but if they block you can be punished.

Also if you don't mind answering one more question. I hear a lot of talk about ex elbow dash having invincibility frames. Can you clarify what this means?
Yes, exactly.

EX Elbow dash has saved me more times than I can count, use it a lot.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
So I've noticed Acid Hand is a wake up for Rep, is it any good? I seem to struggle a lot with players who constantly rush in and do combo after combo after being knocked down ie Smoke or Lao. I always try to do the slide but it seems it never works and I continue to get pummeled. If anyone has a trick to doing the recovery roll it would be greatly appreciated. I always tap the button back and a lot of the time I end up just laying there.

Wenis of Lore

Celestial
if they're just standing over you combo-ing when you're on the ground, can't you just wake-up attack with an elbow dash? it's quick and usually stuffs it i would think..... i'm pretty sure acid hand on wake-up is bad. i would do it a lot accidentally(lag) when inputting elbow dash for wake-up and if the opponent is doing what you said above(just constantly putting the pressure on) then i'd eat a combo before getting the acid hand off(which i didn't even wanna do in the first place!). acid hand is wicked safe to push people back in combo strings, but i'm almost positive it's not safe on wake-up.

RapZiLLa54

Elbow Dash isn't an actual wake up move. You have to stand up before you can do it as opposed to inputting it on the ground. If I could get a hold of the recovery roll (which seems like it should be the easiest thing in the game to master???) then I'd be fine.

Wenis of Lore

Celestial
Elbow Dash isn't an actual wake up move. You have to stand up before you can do it as opposed to inputting it on the ground.

hmmmm, good to know. i always thought it was. i guess that would explain why it says wake-up attack only when i do a slide..... but for some reason it seems as if the slide comes out slower than standing up for that milisecond and elbow dashing. maybe i'm just getting lucky XD

THTB

So I've noticed Acid Hand is a wake up for Rep, is it any good? I seem to struggle a lot with players who constantly rush in and do combo after combo after being knocked down ie Smoke or Lao. I always try to do the slide but it seems it never works and I continue to get pummeled. If anyone has a trick to doing the recovery roll it would be greatly appreciated. I always tap the button back and a lot of the time I end up just laying there.
It's way too slow to be effective.

BATTLEBEAR

NJ Jobber
best reptile wakeup is block. wait for a safe way to get out. It really sucks, but this is why reptile is offensive. Sometimes i use Acid Hand as a wakeup option, but if you think/ properly predict them jumping, DO NOT use acid hand, try to reptile run out. But be careful. If they read that....you're done

THTB

Pretty much slide is your wakeup on a last resort. Otherwise just stick to getting openings for elbow.

RapZiLLa54

Thanks guys for the feedback. I've got all the tools just really trying to put it all together. I sat in practice mode for about 10 minutes before work this morning letting the cpu assault me so I could work on wakeups with him. You would figure Reps slide would be as fast as Subs slide but its neither as quick or as responsive.

I tried inputting before I hit the ground, as I hit the ground and while on the ground and it never came out. He had to stand to do it just like Elbow Dash but you get the "Wake up" signal on meter bar. Only fast one I was able to do was a recovery roll right into slide and it was very quick and fluid but not something easily pulled off by me at least.

Thanks again!