What's new

Strategy - Reptile Reptile vs Wakeups

XxXAntiJoshXxX

Herpetologist - The Study of The Reptillian
My favorite thing in MK9 and Injustice was to beat player's wakeups either with armor or baiting. Started testing out methods of doing this in MKX with Reptile. Here's what I have been working on:

The first combo I end with the slash and then while the opponent is waking up I hit them with a normal canceled into an armored special. Next wake up was a regular bait and punish. Has anyone else found any useful ways to deal with wakeups other than just baiting and blocking?

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
That's pretty cool but all of his specials are punishable so if they just block, you could waste a bar and get punished. I'm not sure if it's something you would want to use regularly.

XxXAntiJoshXxX

Herpetologist - The Study of The Reptillian
Very true. The main purpose was to punish a wakeup that normally isn't punishable due to ADV on Block. This way the wakeup wouldn't be free. Just an alternate way of baiting a wakeup, only used if opponent is expected to wakeup. Reptile EX slide was a bad example because it is very punishable, I just wanted to test it out on an armored wakeup.

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
Very true. The main purpose was to punish a wakeup that normally isn't punishable due to ADV on Block. This way the wakeup wouldn't be free. Just an alternate way of baiting a wakeup, only used if opponent is expected to wakeup. Reptile EX slide was a bad example because it is very punishable, I just wanted to test it out on an armored wakeup.
Makes sense. I know this could help quite a bit against a character like Ferra/Torr that gets to wakeup pretty easily.

Kidigital

@KdashDigital/Raiko Digital
If your talking wake ups with advantage I'd look in deceptive you could ex invis on wakeup to eat the attack with armor and full punish. I'm away till sunday but i can test some stuff. Awesome find. I like that b3 setup alot.