What's new

Match-up Discussion Reptile vs. Skarlett

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
Lol This video doesnt define the matchup. I think its 5-5 but I make it... well, 5-0 in reptile's favor in that video. You out played me that day but I will have my revenge :p

Sent from M-Class Star Freighter USCSS Nostromo

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
Yeah youve gotten better too. You both are getting better and im staying the same, maybe even worse because im used to my offline bnbs, so now when I play online i either drop shit or go back to my old retarded bnbs from 2011.

Ive been playing villain online lately and he beats me pretty bad but we have ggs, and ive corrected most of the trash that I muffed in that video.

Its hard to say what I mean because I dont want to make excuses, I just see the losses and know that josh out played me in those videos hands down, but I dont think its a skarlet/reptile issue, its a johnny2d=fraud issue lol.

Sent from M-Class Star Freighter USCSS Nostromo

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
-iaFD is pointless in this matchup
-Skarlet gives Reptile fits inside d4 range with iaCD
-Reptile avoids post-slide mindgames completely with EX dash
-I'm pretty sure Reptile can punish teleport on HIT
-u3 stuffs dash
-post-blocked acid hand Reptile does really well
-EX acid hand to combat iaCD? Hmmmmmm...

THTB

You know...I've never thought of using it in this match...i use the shit out of it against noob though.
The possibilities are endless!
I literally thought of it on a whim. >_>

I don't see why it wouldn't work lol.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
This Mu is not Reptile's favor. I would be willing to concede to 5-5 and admit that I just don't know everything about the MU, but I know it isn't 6-4 Rep.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

THTB

Yeah, I don't see how it's Reptile's favor, but I also don't view it in Skarlet's favor either.

She can counteract a number of Reptile's stronger options, but Reptile has a number of counter options to this as well.

This Mu is not Reptile's favor. I would be willing to concede to 5-5 and admit that I just don't know everything about the MU, but I know it isn't 6-4 Rep.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
Idk, I've played aNinj quite a few times and have never seen scarlett as a threat. It's how I feel personally on the matchup.

Yeah, I don't see how it's Reptile's favor, but I also don't view it in Skarlet's favor either.

She can counteract a number of Reptile's stronger options, but Reptile has a number of counter options to this as well.

THTB

Idk, I've played aNinj quite a few times and have never seen scarlett as a threat. It's how I feel personally on the matchup.
No disrespect to Ninj at all, but a while ago I said that he doesn't abuse everything that is dumb about Skarlet, and I feel nobody does still, though it's slowly getting there.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
-iaFD is pointless in this matchup
-Skarlet gives Reptile fits inside d4 range with iaCD
-Reptile avoids post-slide mindgames completely with EX dash
-I'm pretty sure Reptile can punish teleport on HIT
-u3 stuffs dash
-post-blocked acid hand Reptile does really well
-EX acid hand to combat iaCD? Hmmmmmm...
what are the properties of ex dash again? i know its plus on block, but is there anythin else about it or is that it that makes him avoid these postslide mindgames?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Yes, but EX dash will pass by an EX red dash if done at the same time, which is when I was referring to.
yes, and once this happens, skarlet is free to move in, or move and whiff punish the rest of the reps ex dash with a full combo.

i don't think this is either each characters favor either, reptile is forced to play more defensively in this MU, and Skarlet is required to have a very quick thinking on decisions, either if she will armor trough or tele projectiles.

AssassiN

Noob
I still don't understand this matchup, I get bodied by Reptile :(
I kinda do as well, but I'm talking about online where I'm unable to punish dash with Skarlet.
IAFD's are a big no-no, they do nothing in this MU. Grounded daggers counter Reptile his zoning like nothing else, you can hold on to the 2nd dagger and release as Spit is about to hit you. The throwing of 2nd dagger will lower Skarlet's hitbox making Spit whiff, if you want you can cancel into D3 as well. Up close requires use of IACD's or U3.
Forceballs can be armored through on reaction or teleported except for EX Fast Forceball. Can be used to bait so be careful.

Mosp

Noob
I kinda do as well, but I'm talking about online where I'm unable to punish dash with Skarlet.
IAFD's are a big no-no, they do nothing in this MU. Grounded daggers counter Reptile his zoning like nothing else, you can hold on to the 2nd dagger and release as Spit is about to hit you. The throwing of 2nd dagger will lower Skarlet's hitbox making Spit whiff, if you want you can cancel into D3 as well. Up close requires use of IACD's or U3.
Forceballs can be armored through on reaction or teleported except for EX Fast Forceball. Can be used to bait so be careful.
I tried the holding the 2nd dagger method and all that happens is I get hit with his spit and then he starts throwing out forceballs forcing me to come in. Because once those are on the screen I can't get out any daggers.