What's new

Question - Reptile Reptile role on MKX

stormRaider

You got the juice now
A long time ago I read some article about the next MK (which would turn out to be MKX), and Boon said that Reptile would play a big role in the next game campaign. That immediately made me think about one badass character: Onaga. I can't find the source of the article, but I'm pretty sure Boon stated this.

What do you guys think? Could this mean that the Deadly Alliance will be reborn? Maybe we even get a glimpse of the One Being (even on the arcade's ending), which would be totally awesome.

stormRaider

You got the juice now
How did anyone else not read about this and post it somewhere on here? Seems fishy.
Yeah, I really couldn't find the source, but unless I'm going crazy, I am sure Boon said something like this. If my memories don't fail me, it was some time after MK9 launch.

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
Honesly, I just want Reptile to be playable in MKX. I don't care what role he plays in the story as long as he's in. He sure as hell has a better chance of making it in than ANY of the characters that died in MK9. Before you even say it too, the Sub Zero in MKX IS MOST LIKELY A DIFFERENT GUY USING THE SUB ZERO CODENAME.

Decay

King of the Bill
Honesly, I just want Reptile to be playable in MKX. I don't care what role he plays in the story as long as he's in. He sure as hell has a better chance of making it in than ANY of the characters that died in MK9. Before you even say it too, the Sub Zero in MKX IS MOST LIKELY A DIFFERENT GUY USING THE SUB ZERO CODENAME.
Boon already confirmed that subzero is a different member of his clan. He said that there is a huge number of ninjas with the freeze ability

Decay

King of the Bill
When did he confirm that, just curious
it was one of the e3 presentations / intereviews. I forget which one but that dude asked him specifically about subzero dying/turning into a robot and he said basically there's a ton of sub-zeros around. Let me try to find it

A long time ago I read some article about the next MK (which would turn out to be MKX), and Boon said that Reptile would play a big role in the next game campaign. That immediately made me think about one badass character: Onaga. I can't find the source of the article, but I'm pretty sure Boon stated this.

What do you guys think? Could this mean that the Deadly Alliance will be reborn? Maybe we even get a glimpse of the One Being (even on the arcade's ending), which would be totally awesome.

this is a really good idea, i think, he said an unexpected character will play a big role. I could see somethign with the attempt for him to rejuvenate his homeland and what not, getting into some doodoo and becoming super reptile or onaga or some shit... it'd be nice to see him around so long as @dribirut can get carried on his back.

Hini

Batomancer
it was one of the e3 presentations / intereviews. I forget which one but that dude asked him specifically about subzero dying/turning into a robot and he said basically there's a ton of sub-zeros around. Let me try to find it

18:20

"As anybody who has followed the mortal kombat story, sub zero is part of the lin kuei clan, he is one of many subzeros there have been subzeros who have died there have been other ones who have come back, the representation of sub zero has been a number of different people and the story mode will tell you exactly who this sub zero is"

So he doesnt outright say its a new Sub Zero but it seems very likely with that answer.

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
If MKX will include Shinnok and Quan Chi invading Outworld, it'll most likely have Reptile becoming Shinnok's Commander since that's what happened in MK4. As for his gameplay, I can already see what his variations could be. One could be revolved around him using the Kirehashi sword, another could be more focused on acid attacks, and the third could be a rushdown-style where Reptile acts more feral.

stormRaider

You got the juice now
One could be revolved around him using the Kirehashi sword, another could be more focused on acid attacks, and the third could be a rushdown-style where Reptile acts more feral.
That would be awesome. I can't wait to see his new design. Kinda wish he's like Reptile from Shaolin Monks, which is imo one of his best looks from all series.

Imagine if NRS reinvented the deadly alliance? Instead of Quan-Chi and Shang Tsung, it would be Dark Raiden and Shang Tsung?

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Imagine if NRS reinvented the deadly alliance? Instead of Quan-Chi and Shang Tsung, it would be Dark Raiden and Shang Tsung?
Shang is pretty dead at this point, although it would be interesting. Quan Chi is still around, but it doesn't look like he'd be interested in such an alliance.