What's new

Reptile Question

Dedemaru

Noob
Hey guys. I took a month or so long break from MK. I main Reptile (obviously) and I just went into practice and I'm trying to land this combo...

3,2,1 - Elbow Dash (whiff) - nj,1 - 3,2,1 - F Forceball - 3,2,1 - S Forceball - 3,2,1 - Slide

But it's ending at the Slow Forceball. Usually, I would blame my skill before the game but it seems like the game or damage scaling is not letting me continue. Has this been nerfed? Also, I know there were some patches. Can someone link me to all the patch notes and how many patches there were?

Also, if the combo listed is nerfed. What's the new hot combo for Reptile?

BATTLEBEAR

NJ Jobber
ok. You cannot do that combo. Its impossible. what you can do is: 3,2,1 - Elbow Dash (whiff) - nj,1 - 3,2, - F Forceball S Forceball - 3,2,1 - Slide OR
3,2,1 - Elbow Dash (whiff) - nj,1 - 3,2 - F Forceball - 3,2 - EX-S Forceball - 3,2,1 - Slide( but the timing is strict)

Dedemaru

Noob
You know what? That second combo is the one I meant to do/type. I guess my memory didn't serve me too well.

So it's still possible after the patch? Is the damage still the same?

Dedemaru

Noob
Okay, I'm trying the combo you listed and it still seems that hit decay is taking place. Are you positive that still works? Do you have the latest update of the game?

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Still works. I prefer doing it this way though, just my preference.

321 --elbowdash NJP- ffb- 32 sfb- 321slide

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
Yeah I only play online 95% of the time. I'll just have to work on my timing, and I can only spin right? I can't combo into it? Thanks btw.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Dash punishes a blocked spin, spin punishes a blocked dash. Hit up the trainer, put Reptile on wake up and practice blocking and punishing his dash.

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
Dash punishes a blocked spin, spin punishes a blocked spin.
don't you mean blocked dash? ;) lol but thank you I appreciate the help. I've always found Reptile to be a pesky opponent and always seems to get the best of me more than most characters. Just trying to prepare for ECT3 the best I can.

GNG Iniquity

I've always found Reptile to be a pesky opponent and always seems to get the best of me more than most characters. Just trying to prepare for ECT3 the best I can.
Just edited it lol but yeah, he can be pesky, but the dash is totally punishable. Just gotta make sure that you don't spin often because he'll punish it every single time; Ermac and Kung Lao may as well not even bother using wake ups against him imo.

When I play either I expect them to use their wake up, so I purposely stand on them when they're down, most people don't seem to correct the error unfortunately. I've gotten pretty good at block punishing with dash lol

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
Just edited it lol but yeah, he can be pesky, but the dash is totally punishable. Just gotta make sure that you don't spin often because he'll punish it every single time; Ermac and Kung Lao may as well not even bother using wake ups against him imo.

When I play either I expect them to use their wake up, so I purposely stand on them when they're down, most people don't seem to correct the error unfortunately. I've gotten pretty good at block punishing with dash lol
Yeah his dash is so quick and just when you think you've figured it out you can throw that slide in there when they're blocking up. Two forms of dashes/slides and two different kinds of profectiles....people underestimated Reptile until CEO. Although I do see some nerfing in some way or another coming his way for that win and two in the top 3.

GNG Iniquity

We've all been too quick to call nerfs, look at Kung Lao, besides the damage reduction he never deserved a nerf. Kabal was never considered that great of a character and MichaelAngelo just won Revelations with him. I don't think the people 'fixing' this game actually play the game...

Kitana still has her 50% mostly unbreakable combo, for instance.

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
Oh I completely agree with the Kitana statement...a person who knows how to use her is deadly.

Edit: I'm also having trouble with training mode, I turn his wake up on but it's ALL enhanced moves.

We've all been too quick to call nerfs, look at Kung Lao, besides the damage reduction he never deserved a nerf. Kabal was never considered that great of a character and MichaelAngelo just won Revelations with him. I don't think the people 'fixing' this game actually play the game...

Kitana still has her 50% mostly unbreakable combo, for instance.
I like that Kung Lao's spin was given a few more recovery frames, but generally I agree with you. (But that being said, Lao's spin has nothing on Raiden's superman in terms of being annoying as Hell.)

CptXecution: if you're just practicing punishing, you should be able to do it without infinite super metre. Try turning it off and see how that helps.

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
Oh you said it about Raiden's superman lol and I didn't touch the meter at all and he keeps doing enhanced. I've been practicing with friends so I've got a lot better at reaction with it.