What's new

General/Other - Reptile Reptile no longer has an 8 frame mid

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
Just looked at the frame data today and f4 is now 9 frames on startup, not 8. Not sure if the actual move itself has been changed but its listed as 9 frames now. So Reptile no longer has an 8-frame normal. Also standing 1 is now listed as 10 frames. I believe other moves have been slowed down as well.

If more changes are realized later on I will post them here

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
There was a hotfix to adjust frame the frame data this past week. A lot of stuff was fixed and startup frames were adjusted to be number of frames to hit...so basically all normals were adjusted by 1 frame to coincide with how we interpret frame data. Propz to the NRS Godz.
does this have something to do with a -9 move not being able to be punished by a move thats 9 frames on startup?

Last edited:
He never did...the frame data listed before was inaccurate and has been made accurate. In other words, his F4 was always coming out in 9 frames but it was just listed as coming out in 8 frames. The move itself did not receive any changes.

Now that the frame data is accurate, an 8 frame reversal special will punish a move that is -8 on block and a 7 frame normal will punish a move that is -8 on block.

There was a hotfix to adjust frame the frame data this past week. A lot of stuff was fixed and startup frames were adjusted to be number of frames to hit...so basically all normals were adjusted by 1 frame to coincide with how we interpret frame data. Propz to the NRS Godz.
so they took block release into account. does that mean you cannnot mash out a "reversal normal" anymore? (which should not be affected by block release by my logic)

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
so they took block release into account. does that mean you cannnot mash out a "reversal normal" anymore? (which should not be affected by block release by my logic)
Not block release, just the 1 frame it takes to have your move start up and travel to hit your opponent.

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
If you try to punish a -7 move with a 7 frame normal it will not work. I didnt try special moves but apparently a 7 frame reversal would would though

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
No. Moves that were listed as 8f previously impacted on frame 10 regardless of it being done in neutral or after blocking an attack. Now its correctly listed as 9f (will still impact on frame 10). There was clearly an issue with whatever script was being used to pull the frame data into the move list that got fixed. There is no added frames for "block release".

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
If you try to punish a -7 move with a 7 frame normal it will not work. I didnt try special moves but apparently a 7 frame reversal would would though
This is normal for fighting game frame data. Start up is exactly that, the amount of frames from button press before active frames begin. You are misinterpreting start up for impact, which is start up +1 (first active frame). So any move with start up of 7 frames will impact at frame 8 on the earliest.

Edit: Also to add, unique to MKX, reversals remove one frame of blockstun off a move. The move still has the exact same frame data otherwise. Still starts up in the same, the net effect though is that 7f specials can punish -7 due to the one frame of blockstun removed when perfect as a reversal.

Last edited: